Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two coaches spots to fill - but with a twist

Started by Seebs, January 15, 2015, 07:25:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seebs

I keep hearing names brought up and dropped for LB Coach consideration. Yet I keep hearing many more names for QB/OC coaches.

Could it possibly be that Smith handles LBers like Shannon did as DC and we hire Weinke and Norville for Offense to fill in the slots?

Weinke would be huge for iMG and Florida and great for Qbs.

I've seen bits of this conversation floating around - just seeing if there is any substance to the thinking.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

tophawg19

Actually we still haven't signed a WR coach so we have 3 spots open
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

grayhawg

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 15, 2015, 07:32:04 pm
When did Michael Smith leave, he was recruiting this AM?

Peter Porker

So, we'd have a coach that doesn't coach any position? Not likely.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

SwineGrind

Quote from: Seebs on January 15, 2015, 07:25:45 pm
I keep hearing names brought up and dropped for LB Coach consideration. Yet I keep hearing many more names for QB/OC coaches.

Could it possibly be that Smith handles LBers like Shannon did as DC and we hire Weinke and Norville for Offense to fill in the slots?

Weinke would be huge for iMG and Florida and great for Qbs.

I've seen bits of this conversation floating around - just seeing if there is any substance to the thinking.

I thought the same thing regarding Rob Smith handling LBers. He was good enough to handle them at the next level. My only question regarding Nor ville is thathe type of offense that he prefers to run?

fullfan

Was not aware of the opening?  Lost Shannon and Chaney to my knowledge?

tophawg19

Smith hasn't signed contract extension yet . unless he did today. likely waiting on new O/C to see if he stays
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Seebs

He is on the road recruiting on UA's dime, so don't jump to the conclusion that he is out and we have three slots open. 

Not having a new contract and working under your old contract ate two separate things.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ricepig

Quote from: Seebs on January 15, 2015, 07:42:06 pm
He is on the road recruiting on UA's dime, so don't jump to the conclusion that he is out and we have three slots open. 

Not having a new contract and working under your old contract ate two separate things.

Correct, his old contract runs until June 30th.

DoctorSusscrofa

Correct. He (Smith) still has an active contract as far as we know. He just hasn't reportedly signed an amended or extended contract.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 15, 2015, 07:40:21 pm
Smith hasn't signed contract extension yet . unless he did today. likely waiting on new O/C to see if he stays

He's still under contract tho so he is still an Arkansas coach.

Seebs

I like Graham's comment from RD's article - this scenario looks much more plausible today

Tim Harris

People keep throwing this out there but it isn't likely.

How many teams out there only have 3 defensive coaches?

CabotHog87

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 16, 2015, 09:56:46 am

Just people being stupid.  Not going to weaken what has become a strength by taking one coach away from the D.  People act like Robb Smith can just keep on doing what he was doing even though one coaching slot is taken away from him.  That's absurd.  It just shows how ignorant people are. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hog_fan

I agree. Never heard of it. It isn't going to happen.

bcdrules

Quote from: hog_fan on January 16, 2015, 10:40:06 am

I think that having only 3 defensive coaches could be a liability recruiting too.

SDZ_Hog

I'm with you.
I would take Rob Smith's comment to Graham (he would coach the linebackers if push came to shove) as an indication that a safeties coach would be hired more so than hiring a 5th O coach.   

jb11

Quote from: hog_fan on January 16, 2015, 10:40:06 am
One thing to remember is CBB is a defensive coach as well.

longpig

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on January 16, 2015, 10:51:51 am
I'm with you.
I would take Rob Smith's comment to Graham (he would coach the linebackers if push came to shove) as an indication that a safeties coach would be hired more so than hiring a 5th O coach.   
Jennings started coaching safeties as well as corners midseason, didn't he?
Don't be scared, be smart.

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: jb11 on January 16, 2015, 10:58:25 am
One thing to remember is CBB is a defensive coach as well.
I thought about that too but seems awkward to take on a position coach underneath your coordinator that you are over.  Seems you would be taking time away from the complete game management (how your O and D strategies are aligned in a game plan)  to invest in more time with the D. 

Hawgzinbowlz

Doubtful we would only have 3 defensive coaches. 4 at a minimum.   " GO HOGS "