Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little Rock Game

Started by boatinporker, January 14, 2015, 05:41:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

boatinporker

Looking at the 2016 schedule, I see no mention of Little Rock. Are we playing a game there this year and who will it be?

Hogfaniam

Saturday
Sept. 12   Rockets   Toledo Rockets
War Memorial Stadium, Little Rock, AR   

Saturday
Sept. 3   Bulldogs   Louisiana Tech Bulldogs
War Memorial Stadium, Little Rock, AR   
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

N HOG

ricepig

Torqued pork

January 14, 2015, 08:05:37 pm #4 Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 08:18:54 pm by Torqued pork
The first GSD thread of 2015 and it's mid-January. What took so long?

popcornhog

Quote from: N HOG on January 14, 2015, 07:54:27 pm
Sad.

It's not that bad. At least it's not an SEC game. I agree to some extent that playing in Little stock is sad in 2015, but come on, it's just Toledo. Not that big of a deal.

It's not a perfect solution, but it's a good compromise. Hell, the games in the Rock usually end up being fun, despite the stadium and distance from campus.
WPS

Rod6275

what fun?  we lost to ULM and  Georgia ....the place is a dump... and  the  popcorn is from a Searcy Jr. High game....
Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !

boatinporker

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't remember if we still had a contract that called for one SEC game in LR or not. Personally I am ready for all the games to be played in Fayetteville, but I do understand the draw to LR for southeast Ark fans.

ShaneHog

checkraiser88

Can we just get over playing in LR? We can't even win there consistently anymore! What's the point of playing there?

hogman64

Quote from: Rod6275 on January 14, 2015, 09:01:54 pm
what fun?  we lost to ULM and  Georgia ....the place is a dump... and  the  popcorn is from a Searcy Jr. High game....

I thought the popcorn was pretty good  at the searcy jr high game I went to....

BrassNunchucks

For accuracy's sake, the name should be changed from Hogville to NWAHogville

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 14, 2015, 10:14:22 pm
Can we just get over playing in LR? We can't even win there consistently anymore! What's the point of playing there?

We are over it.. The contract is up after 2016... You NWA dudes need to get over it... You won...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Kierkegaard

I went to WMS for the Georgia game. It was a wonderful experience, not much like it. I really don't understand why people hate it so much. Let the place go with some respect. It's a Razorback tradition, something I was glad to be a part of. GO HOGS

Hogfaniam

Quote from: BrassNunchucks on January 14, 2015, 10:32:34 pm
For accuracy's sake, the name should be changed from Hogville to NWAHogville

NWAH....did you plan that?

geauxhawgs

The best razorback games I've ever seen have taken place inside WM. Place is old, historic, and full of character. It represents a lot of things to this state, and a dump is not one of them.  Wrigley Field, Neyland Stadium, Cameron Indoor, Lambeau Field, Fenway Park, Dodgers Stadium, Madison Square Garden, are they all dumps too? I can think of a quite a few new and "hip" stadiums that I would pass on EVERY TIME in favor of going to watch a good game at a historical venue.

When something is such a deeply rooted part of a team, fan base, and a states DNA - I don't believe the solution is to try to knife it out and flush it down the tube. LR is still the heart of Arkansas and Razorback football wouldn't even be HALF of what it is today without WM and LR. But what do I know, I'm just a southern boy that lives in the woods with to many guns.

LSU Bleauxs. Woo Pig.

rlamb

Just to mention a few of the big games won at War Memorial,

1. Ole Miss ranked # 2 in 54', we won 6-0.
2. USC-west would be the eventual National Champ in 74' we won 22-6
3. Texas A&M was ranked #2 in 75, we won 31-6
4. Texas was ranked a strong # 2 in 79', we won `17-14.
5. Baylor ranked 8th or so in 86" won 26-20 or so by us.
6. Houston, highly ranked in 89 I think? we won 40 something to 30 something.
7. Misstake ranked 8th or so in 99' we won.
8. The LSUwho game in 02', we won 21-20? & the West Titlke.
9. The LSU in 08', last second win.

BrassNunchucks

This has been discussed ad hominem with the so-called great stadium debate, and I'm sure this thread is bound to devolve and head to the trash can. But regardless of one's feelings toward the current condition of War Memorial, the fact remains that even if they are located in Fayetteville, the Razorbacks represent the entire state of Arkansas. And it's at least a six-hour drive round-trip to make it to a game if you don't live in NWA, more if you live in the south or eastern part of the state.

No, I'm not saying I have a solution to make up the revenue the UA loses from the LR game, other than moving them all to Fayetteville. But the concern fans have from elsewhere in the state is real. We all love the team. It's a real treat to watch them in LR, and those memories are often made beginning at a young age. With no more games in LR starting in 2017, what happens to that connection? I just think it's a shame.

If you comment on this site and can't respect that perspective, then I think that's also unfortunate, because ultimately I think it could weaken the fan base. Not out of retribution from LR donors, necessarily; just that a generation of fans will start to lose touch with the hogs.

Torqued pork

January 15, 2015, 05:09:18 am #18 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 05:53:41 am by Torqued pork
We should move hoops back to Barnhill and run the rats out of Barton Colisseum.

They're old, small and outdated so they must be holy sights for Hog fans.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 15, 2015, 05:09:18 am
We should move hoops back to Barnhill and run the rats out of Barton Colisseum.

They're old, small and outdated so they must be holy sights for Hog fans.

Don't forget the Pine Bluff convention center and Crump and Quigley stadiums...........................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Athog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 14, 2015, 10:41:43 pm
We are over it.. The contract is up after 2016... You NWA dudes need to get over it... You won...

We are ALL Hof fans!!

Athog

Hoginsavga

Not so fast my friend. I graduated from Searcy Jr High and Searcy High School. Go Lions and WPS.

OLDHOG

If ya'll don't want to go to WMS, DONT GO. There are a lot that will. I'm betting the same ones that are bitching about WMS don't go to the games at Fayetteville either. Just a guess.

CabotHog87

I thought the contract was extended to 2019 in exchange for cutting it to one game a year? Or something to that effect. I know I'm ready for it to be done with..

jkstock04

The last Little Rock game I went to was awful. Lol, all those games are good for is a drunk fest. I mean I'm talkin much more than Fville.

One thing is pretty clear to me, neither Jeff Long or Bielema prefer playing games in Little Rock....that speaks volumes as to what's coming.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Letsroll1200

The Razorbacks only have two SEC wins the last two years! Maybe we should move the games to Houston, TX. We are 1-0 in Houston

CabotHog87

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 15, 2015, 09:31:21 am
The Razorbacks only have two SEC wins the last two years! Maybe we should move the games to Houston, TX. We are 1-0 in Houston

Goes along with the 1-0 mantra.. Why not??

Inhogswetrust

January 15, 2015, 10:43:10 am #28 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:55:49 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: OLDHOG on January 15, 2015, 09:12:16 am
If ya'll don't want to go to WMS, DONT GO. There are a lot that will. I'm betting the same ones that are bitching about WMS don't go to the games at Fayetteville either. Just a guess.

Wrong. Some may know I'm for playing all home games at RRS. However I and many others go to both and every away game I can get too. There are those that only go to WMS and gripe about games at RRS and vice versa. A lot of people both ways have only their selfish interests in mind. I think the games should be moved because I believe it is now best for the program as a whole. That probably wasn't true thirty years ago. If they decide to move them all to campus no problem with me...........if they decide to continue to play one a year at WMS no problem with me in them doing that either. I'll be there either way. As for full disclosure I live in Memphis and drive to both. Selfish reasons for convenience would say I'd prefer to play as many in WMS as possible since it's much closer but I'm not a convenience fan. I'm an old alum and Hog fan.   
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: CabotHog87 on January 15, 2015, 09:16:00 am
I thought the contract was extended to 2019 in exchange for cutting it to one game a year? Or something to that effect. I know I'm ready for it to be done with..

2018, but the sooner the better to put this to rest.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rlamb on January 15, 2015, 12:06:27 am
Just to mention a few of the big games won at War Memorial,

1. Ole Miss ranked # 2 in 54', we won 6-0.
2. USC-west would be the eventual National Champ in 74' we won 22-6
3. Texas A&M was ranked #2 in 75, we won 31-6
4. Texas was ranked a strong # 2 in 79', we won `17-14.
5. Baylor ranked 8th or so in 86" won 26-20 or so by us.
6. Houston, highly ranked in 89 I think? we won 40 something to 30 something.
7. Misstake ranked 8th or so in 99' we won.
8. The LSUwho game in 02', we won 21-20? & the West Titlke.
9. The LSU in 08', last second win.

We've won big games in a lot of places and lost big games in a lot of places. Your point is irrelevant.

Hogfaniam

Has it been stated that there will be no new contract after 2018?

ifghog

Quote from: Hogfaniam on January 15, 2015, 11:04:09 am
Has it been stated that there will be no new contract after 2018?
No.

GuvHog

If I remember correctly, when the number of games in WMS was reduced to one, the contract was extended to 2018.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 15, 2015, 10:43:10 am
Wrong. Some may know I'm for playing all home games at RRS. However I and many others go to both and every away game I can get too. There are those that only go to WMS and gripe about games at RRS and vice versa. A lot of people both ways have only their selfish interests in mind. I think the games should be moved because I believe it is now best for the program as a whole. That probably wasn't true thirty years ago. If they decide to move them all to campus no problem with me...........if they decide to continue to play one a year at WMS no problem with me in them doing that either. I'll be there either way. As for full disclosure I live in Memphis and drive to both. Selfish reasons for convenience would say I'd prefer to play as many in WMS as possible since it's much closer but I'm not a convenience fan. I'm an old alum and Hog fan.   

Truth be told, most of the fans who want all games in Fayetteville are from NWA. Although they'll never admit it, the reason they want that to happen is because they hate being inconvenienced by having to drive to WMS for a Hog game but think nothing is wrong with people from other parts of the state being inconvenienced by having to make the long drives to Fayetteville (something I don't mind doing and actually enjoy). There are legit reasons for moving all games to Fayetteville though, and I believe it will eventually happen.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on January 15, 2015, 12:56:21 pm
Truth be told, most of the fans who want all games in Fayetteville are from NWA. Although they'll never admit it, the reason they want that to happen is because they hate being inconvenienced by having to drive to WMS for a Hog game but think nothing is wrong with people from other parts of the state being inconvenienced by having to make the long drives to Fayetteville (something I don't mind doing and actually enjoy). There are legit reasons for moving all games to Fayetteville though, and I believe it will eventually happen.

I guess you have a link for these accusations?

bigdaddyhawg

No, the University of Arkansas, its athletic department, and its football team won.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: GuvHog on January 15, 2015, 12:56:21 pm

And the VAST, VAST majority of those who wanted to keep games in LR are from LR and south and east of LR. 

They were doing nothing more than what you are assigning to NWA fans.

But the overriding issue involved is the negative financial impact to our athletic department from continuing to play in LR under their restrictive contracts.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Hogfaniam

TrueBlue

Quote from: hogz11 on January 15, 2015, 01:23:58 pm
Guys I live inside 30 minutes from WMS and right at 3 hours from RRS. I can't wait until all games are played on campus. The days of luster are gone and it's time to move forward.

Regardless of what the Razorback fans say that are stuck in the past, WMS is a complete rathole dump and a large portion of who show up, do so to get wasted.

Do you think any recruits outside of central Arkansas want a game per year wasted there? Talk all you want about the driving inconvenience, but the campus is in Fayetteville and that's where ALL home games should be played.

We are the only FBS school left that plays a home game every year away from campus and guess what? That doesn't make us special or help the program in any way. Time to move on.....

Rathole dump says the guy living in a van down by the river.

Mr. Porkleone

I don't know about a dump.  But the popcorn ref was good!

Mr. Porkleone

Not about winning. It's just all games should be played on schools home campus.

The_Iceman

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: BrassNunchucks on January 15, 2015, 12:33:09 am
This has been discussed ad hominem with the so-called great stadium debate, and I'm sure this thread is bound to devolve and head to the trash can. But regardless of one's feelings toward the current condition of War Memorial, the fact remains that even if they are located in Fayetteville, the Razorbacks represent the entire state of Arkansas. And it's at least a six-hour drive round-trip to make it to a game if you don't live in NWA, more if you live in the south or eastern part of the state.

No, I'm not saying I have a solution to make up the revenue the UA loses from the LR game, other than moving them all to Fayetteville. But the concern fans have from elsewhere in the state is real. We all love the team. It's a real treat to watch them in LR, and those memories are often made beginning at a young age. With no more games in LR starting in 2017, what happens to that connection? I just think it's a shame.

If you comment on this site and can't respect that perspective, then I think that's also unfortunate, because ultimately I think it could weaken the fan base. Not out of retribution from LR donors, necessarily; just that a generation of fans will start to lose touch with the hogs.

I think this is LAME. my family is Vols fan in Memphis. They drive to Knoxville. I no folks in Crossett that love the trip. Fans will be fans. They don't stop because they drop a team for leaving a stadium. Recruits want to play at home. As far as revenue. It's a no brainier to leave LR. Just a lame post

arcowboy

If you want something historic , let's move the basket ball games back to Barnhill.  That's an historic place.  Watched Duke Miami the other night really reminded me of Barnhill mm

BrassNunchucks

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 15, 2015, 02:19:33 pm

I think this is LAME. my family is Vols fan in Memphis. They drive to Knoxville. I no folks in Crossett that love the trip. Fans will be fans. They don't stop because they drop a team for leaving a stadium. Recruits want to play at home. As far as revenue. It's a no brainier to leave LR. Just a lame post

You're entitled to your opinion, as poorly worded as it is, I'm entitled to mine. I think it'll diminish the strength of the fanbase in the long run. But we shall see.

BrassNunchucks

Quote from: hogz11 on January 15, 2015, 04:18:37 pm
Why does the whole drive time excuse keep coming up? One poster already made the example of Tennessee fans. What about Nebraska? Do their fans cry if the have a longer drive and want some home games played elsewhere?

Why do you call it "crying"? It seems like a perfectly reasonable idea that if it takes 6+ hours to get to a game, fewer people end up seeing the hogs from other parts of the state on a year-by-year basis than otherwise would. That's not "crying," that's just pointing out a reasonable assumption.

ricepig

Those that will want to make the games will continue to do so.

hoglady

Well name me anyplace we've won consistently since the Petrino fiasco.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Pickwick Hog

Quote from: ricepig on January 15, 2015, 04:53:58 pm
Those that will want to make the games will continue to do so.

Yup. And I guaran-damn-tee you the bean counters aren't worried in the least. It's not like tickets and road trips to LSU and Ole Miss are any cheaper for those complaining.
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.