Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Of You Haven't Graduated From the U of A?

Started by Rooka, January 13, 2015, 02:24:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooka

How many Hog fans here on Hogville haven't attended the U of A?

I graduated from ASU in '12, and am about to go back to get my degree in Physical Therapy which I wished U of A offered, but unfortunately they don't. I keep telling my buddies and wife, I will graduate from U of A one day even if it's just for fun. They all think I'm crazy, but oh well time and money will be the ultimate decider. Thought I would just ask around and see how many others graduated from other institutions.

GO HOGS

Rison Razor Hog

Quote from: Rooka on January 13, 2015, 02:24:11 pm
GO HOGS

When I was in the 10th grade at Rison High School, my dad asked me if I had ever considered going to the Air Force Academy, and I told him I hadn't. He then told me that I would be going to work for a living after graduation if I wasn't accepted to USAFA, so I decided that maybe I should try to get in. I was successful. If I hadn't gone to the Academy, I would have gotten some kind of job to help me pay/work my way through UA-Fayetteville. At this point, I am a fan, but I'll never be an alumnus.
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

Woopig69

Rooka

Professor Psychosis

I never went to college myself.  I have considered it, but it's not in my plans right now.

I am a fan because I grew up watching my uncle and my grandpa cuss at Hatfield on Saturdays.  Growing up in the state of Arkansas about 60 miles from Fayetteville ensured that those early memories translated to lifelong fandom.

There is no pro team to follow in Arkansas, because the Razorbacks ARE that team, and they always will be.

Rooka

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on January 13, 2015, 02:34:19 pm
I never went to college myself.  I have considered it, but it's not in my plans right now.

I am a fan because I grew up watching my uncle and my grandpa cuss at Hatfield on Saturdays.  Growing up in the state of Arkansas about 60 miles from Fayetteville ensured that those early memories translated to lifelong fandom.

There is no pro team to follow in Arkansas, because the Razorbacks ARE that team, and they always will be.
Amen to that. It doesn't matter if you attend college or not. Attend U of A or not, the Arkansas Razorbacks don't just represent a great university, they represent this ENTIRE state.

Woopig69

Quote from: Rooka on January 13, 2015, 02:34:12 pm
Hoping to be you one day, sir.
the only downside is the student loans that go along with it. 

greenie

UA - 1984
MU - 1987
KU - 1992

But there's no confusion for this McGehee boy...Go Hogs!!

Bad News Boar

Graduated from the UofA in December of 2013. Loved every second of being there.
Some of the greatest poetry is revealing to the reader the beauty in something that was so simple you had taken it for granted.

rhog1

I didn't attend the Fayetteville campus. I graduated from the University of Arkansas Monticello.

Rooka

Quote from: Woopig69 on January 13, 2015, 02:37:25 pm
the only downside is the student loans that go along with it. 
Yeah, after my first degree with ASU, I was debt free. A huge incentive as to why I went their in the first place, that and personal stuff with family. I would have loved to take this new degree at U of A, but they don't offer it.  If I am still up and going in my sixties, I believe you can take classes for free as far as tuition goes. I may not ever get the degree, but I could at least take some classes and feel a part of U of A one day. Call it a crazy dream, but would be ideal.

ATLHog

gawntrail

Bardicer

Arkansas tech, class of 2012.  Attend Marquette, asu-beebe, and ualr though. Got my bachelor, and no need for a master's do my formal education is done.

Hogfan1660

I did not attend UA but have been a Hog Fan since the 70's. My parents are both Hog Fans but not to the extent that my wife and I are.

Rooka

Quote from: Bardicer on January 13, 2015, 02:50:16 pm
Arkansas tech, class of 2012.  Attend Marquette, asu-beebe, and ualr though. Got my bachelor, and no need for a master's do my formal education is done.
Wow Marquette, did you go up to campus or was it online?

Racing Hog

reddogjcss

WriterWrong

OBU grad here. I wanted to transfer to UA basically every semester. Never did. Still love the idea of graduating there and having my name on a sidewalk on the Hill. Maybe some day.

SantaHog

I attended the U of A, but did not graduate there.  Graduated from A&M(Texarkana).

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

LRHawg

Attended 2 years, ended up graduating elsewhere (OBU).

zane

Undergrad from stAte

Med School in Cali

I would like to get an MBA or MPH (or something along those lines) when I finish residency. I'm hoping UofA has a complete online option by that time (still a few years to go).
RIP LSUfan

AugustaHog

My parents moved to GA right before high school.  At the time, the state of Georgia basically paid for you to go college if you had good grades.  I couldn't afford to leave the state at that point.  I got my BS at Valdosta State (they won 2 national titles while I was there) and pursued my DMD at MCG.  No dental schools in the state of AR plus the ridiculously affordable in state tuition left that door closed.  I love my Hogs and will always love them.  Hopefully I will be able to steer one of my kids up that way (my 2 year old already calls the Hogs proudly!).  I really wish that I had the opportunity to go to the UofA, but can't say that I regret the path my life has lead me on. 

Pork Twain

January 13, 2015, 03:08:07 pm #24 Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 10:51:32 am by Pork Twain
Joined the USAF after high school graduation and got my degrees while in (BS in criminal justice in 2005 from Wayland Baptist and MS in Homeland Security from Capella in 2012, currently working on MBA in project management from Kaplan), sadly not at UofA.  I also love the St Louis Cardinals and Dallas Cowboys and never played for either of them.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Gerald Gilber

Proud College of the Ozarks Grad class of 76 but have been a life long Hog fan
Can we play all our games at home????

kingcam25

I attended SAU. No one in my family attended until my sister in 2012. We were raised to be hog fans its just how it is in my whole family. Root hog or die!!

Razorfox

HognVA

I did not. U.S. Navy out of High school. Lived out of state since then. Arkansas is still "home" and the Hogs are a part of that.

tbhogfan

Go Hogs!

Rooka

Sometimes I get asked especially around ASU if I have a Hog shirt on, if I ever attended the University. I always tell them, that that Hog I wear doesn't just symbolize a University. It symbolized my family and the rich memories we will forever share because of it. It becomes your identity long before you ever even know what going to college is.

I will support ASU because I was a student, but I live and die by the Hogs because my grandfather did, father did, and now I do.

Fayettevillian

January 13, 2015, 03:16:57 pm #33 Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 03:54:10 pm by Fayettevillian
UofA Class of 2009- stayed so long I got two degrees and a lot of debt.

Ive got a family full of hogs, but Im the only one with my name on campus.

Capt. Hamm

thirrdegreetusker

My name is on the sidewalk three times. See my name.

HawgTrough

WPS

Rooka

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on January 13, 2015, 03:28:37 pm
ASU class of 2006.

Went to ASU with girlfriend. She cheated on me, that whore. I would have transferred to Fayetteville but In was almost finished. So I Stayed. Met my wife in Batesville. Been happily married for 8 years now, so I guess it worked out. But I still wish I had gone to Arkansas.
Never say never my friend. You never know what this life will bring to you.

Dropkick

Haven't been to college yet, still have all my eligibility left.

HeismanHawg

cypress rock

University of Ar @ Monticello 1984.

I do have 2 attending the U of A now though! Class of 2016 & 2018....I hope!

Llanowan

atkinml

island hog

Class of '82, University of Texas at Austin.  Got to root against the Horns every week in person!

intelligence

No college for me, but still considering attending.

NaturalStateReb

Ole Miss grad here, but most of you probably already figured that out.  :D
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

HogHolio

Quote from: Rooka on January 13, 2015, 02:24:11 pm

I graduated from ASU in '12, and am about to go back to get my degree in Physical Therapy which I wished U of A offered, but unfortunately they don't. I keep telling my buddies and wife, I will graduate from U of A one day even if it's just for fun. They all think I'm crazy, but oh well time and money will be the ultimate decider. Thought I would just ask around and see how many others graduated from other institutions.

GO HOGS

I think U of A is starting a PT program this fall. Could be wrong, but that's what I think I heard someone say.

Mark Martin Fan

89-BSCE UofA
91-MBA UT Austin.  Got to watch the Lady Razorbacks end the Lady Longhorns 132 game SWC winning streak (http://www.tulsaworld.com/archives/lady-razorbacks-end-texas-streak/article_be690c0f-464d-53c3-816c-b892cd322112.html)
Was also there to watch the Strollin Nolan game where Nolan walked off, Lee Mayberry hit a long 3 to go to overtime and we killed them in OT after Nolan came back out. 
Also got to see the first two rounds of the Razorbacks in their 1990 NCAA tourney drive to the final 4.  4 point win over Princeton, 2 point win over Dayton.
Wore my Razorback gear the entire 2 years I was in Austin and grew to despise their fanbase attitude even more than I did before I got there. 
Hog Fan for Life!!!!

PORKULATOR

I did not attend the University...  I went to Arkansas Tech and then to the USAF.
WPS
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.