Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody notice any wild quail anymore?

Started by LSUFan, April 15, 2015, 08:47:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VictoryRedChevy

Got a few around where I work here in the River Valley. My warehouse is surrounded by several big fields. I like to whistle back and forth with them and every now and then I'll see them closer to the building where the grass is lower feeding.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

raz1965

Quail have became rare in these part, they began to vanish about ten years ago, one or two was around this year but first I have heard or seen in about 3 years. Maybe they were restocked as Game & Fish has a restoration program started, not sure they restocking or just improving habitat. At one time it was common to see quail hunters out with there dogs in these parts, but with few quail left that has come to a end. I would jump a covey while rabbit or squirrel hunting an take a shot or two  when the opportunity presented itself.

LSUFan

The damn fire ants eat their eggs down here.
And the coons
And the possums
Kill 'em all.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: LSUFan on March 01, 2017, 07:49:02 pm
The damn fire ants eat their eggs down here.
And the coons
And the possums
Kill 'em all.

Yes and the loss of fence rows.   Monroe County got plenty cause we are 70% state or national wildlife area and we have those nice Woodruff Electric right of ways that are great for the quail.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.