Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will be the first top 15 team knocked out of the NCAA tournament?

Started by hogsanity, February 06, 2006, 12:58:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Assuming no one of the top teams collapse between now and the tourney which will be the first of the top 16 seeds to go down? 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HoopS

Id like to see a list of them before making a prediction.  However, off the top of my head...........  well, Gonzaga has not been looking that great to me.

That being said, last time I betted against them, I lost.

I like UCONN a lot.   Duke seems to always find a way.  Nova is a good team.  Texas  :puke:  is looking pretty good.  Not sure anyone from the Pac 10 is that much of a powerhouse.  Florida is a huge question mark to me.  Young team that could fold like a one egg puddin, or beat everybody.  Tennessee, I fear is for real.  Pearl is the real deal.  Not completely sold on Pitt.  As a whole, the top 4 teams in the Big 10 usually do well.   Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin, Mich State..... all could make runs, IMO.  Not sold on Ohio State.

Should be a great March Madness.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Hoggy Potter

Just Play to Win Baby!!!

kuhog

hogfan064

I'd love to get a shot at Memphis in the second round and knock them out.  That is if we make it to the tourney.

TouchdownRazrbcks

hogsanity

I was thinking TX will either go deep or go out first weekend.  Wisc is over rated, but they always give people fits.  GW has played NO ONE.  GOnzaga - they rip me over every year.  Nova lacks size. 

One thing, picking this years tourney ought to be fun.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

pfrg999

Texas, Then Florida, GW and one 2 seed that will lose in the first round to Blossomhollar State
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

3kgthog

Texas first, Duke second. Duke gets owned in the paint every time they play a team with a decent big man. It seems every big man in the ACC is putting up 25 pts and 12 rebs against Sheldon Williams. Duke has no bench too. Let Redick score his 40 and just pound it inside for a relatively easy and automatic 40-50 pts from your big men. I honestly think we could put one heck of a scare into the Dookies with Townes, Thomas, Hill, Hunter, and McGowan. Assuming it was on a neutral floor or at Bud Walton of course.

Texas will lose simply because they are the new Texas football. They will be overrated every single season and will fail to live up to the hype 99.9% of the time. And considering the teams that have given Duke all kinds of problems this year, how in the heck did Texas lose to them by 30?

Adam Stokes

Agreed, George Washington.  They won't be ready when it comes time to play some REAL teams.  Not the watered down A-10.

Boner

hogsanity

Quote from: Boner on February 06, 2006, 02:16:24 pm
Gee, half the people say Texas.  That's a big suprise.

There is a team like TX every year.  One that starts out ranked highly.  Gets killed early, loses a game to someone they should beat by 30, then is sort of up and down.  THey either get it together by tourney time, or some mid-major jumps up and smacks them right out of the dance. 

RAZORBART

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 06, 2006, 01:12:14 pm
I'd love to get a shot at Memphis in the second round and knock them out.  That is if we make it to the tourney.

As much as it pains me to say it because of my love for calipari, Memphis would run us out of the gym. Stan would not know what hit him and before he could unbutton his coat we would be out of it.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*