Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Schaeffer's Corner - "Second Half Begins

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, February 06, 2006, 10:00:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

The Hogs have a legitimate shot at finishing in second place in the Western Division. However, it's time for the Hogs to take advantage of that shot. In order to finish second or even challenge for first, Arkansas must win some critical games on the road.

http://66.39.109.252/cgi-bin/slop/slop_count_redirect.py?count_id=14297
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Razorod

There really isn't a good reason why this team is below 6-2 in the standings at this juncture. All four losses were winnable (LSU at home, MSU, Bama and Ky on the road).

To me it is a given that we'll beat Bama, MSU and Auburn at home and lose to TN on the road.

LSU is a probable loss on the road; Florida at home is a winnable, but not a guaranteed W, game at home.

Georgia is coming on, but we should win and we really should beat OM regardless of where we play them. But the question is--will we?

It all boils down to how this team does on the road. Three of the remaining home games should be easy wins (yes, Bama should be an easy home win). The Ole Miss game may well be the key game of the final eight conference games. Win it, and we should be at least 6-5 in conference--actually above .500 in league play with three home games left. That would put us in a position to go 10-6 (possible) 9-7 (realistic). Lose to OM and we most likely fall to 5-6 and we're talking 8-8 in my opinion and if we turn around and lose to Fla then 7-9.

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

hogfan064

I expect nothing less than 9-7, but wouldn't be shocked at 7-9

WILL CLINTON

You think Florida is winnable?  I wish I was as optimistic as you are, because I have that down as a double digit loss at home. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Razorod

Quote from: dubyacee on February 06, 2006, 11:13:41 am
You think Florida is winnable?  I wish I was as optimistic as you are, because I have that down as a double digit loss at home. 

If we lose to Florida, we will do no better than 8-8. Georgia is coming on--I don't like our chances in Athens.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Mike Tencleve

The LSU loss to Bama hurt this weekend, saying that i still think we can finish second. Don't know if we will win Wednesday but think we will play well.

12under

Quote from: dubyacee on February 06, 2006, 11:13:41 am
if south carolina can beat florida at home, we certainly can.  it is not a given, but is certainly possible.

Tomhog™

At this point, I say Arkansas can win out at home and snatch a couple on the road to go 6-2 if they pay to their ability.  If not, they could go as bad as 3-5.  It's up in the air at this point how they will do the second half of the SEC season.  I'd say that 5-3 is doable and will give us 20 wins w/o needing help in the conference tourney.  I know we haven't won a post-season game under Heath, so would hate to have to rely on a victory there to be NCAA bound...