Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike or somebody please answer me this.....

Started by HankHog, February 06, 2006, 08:26:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HankHog

With 5 minutes to go on Saturday against South Carolina, Dontell and Ferguson both have 4 fouls and we have a 15 point lead.  Stan takes out Dontell with 4 fouls and replaces him with Ferguson, who has four fouls.  Now if ever there was a time to get a freshman pointguard some playing time, that would have been it.  What is going on here?  Stan says that he would have to take out Modica or Brewer if he put McCurdy in but that is not true.  He would have to take out either Dontell or Ferguson.  Is Stan watching the same game we all are?  If this stuff is making us scratch our heads just think what it is doing to McCurdy.

Biggus Piggus

Bush league mind games, part 2.  Being a prick to his own recruits is a new one, though.
[CENSORED]!

hogsanity

HMMMM, 15 pt lead, 5 minutes to go and you want him to put in a FR to handle the ball?  The way this team tends to melt? 

Get the frick over it with Sean already.  He cant play defense in the SEC right now.  No, this does not mean he is a bad player.  It means he is a FR who missed most of his SR yr in HS with an injury. 

Look, the regular 7 TOwnes, Hill, Thomas, Ferguson, Brewer, Jefferson and Modica are the guys who will either get this team to the NCAA or not.  If I was under the heat Stan is supposedly under, I would ride those 7 too.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DOGALUM

Quote from: hogsanity on February 06, 2006, 09:20:51 am
HMMMM, 15 pt lead, 5 minutes to go and you want him to put in a FR to handle the ball?  The way this team tends to melt? 

Get the frick over it with Sean already.  He cant play defense in the SEC right now.  No, this does not mean he is a bad player.  It means he is a FR who missed most of his SR yr in HS with an injury. 

Look, the regular 7 TOwnes, Hill, Thomas, Ferguson, Brewer, Jefferson and Modica are the guys who will either get this team to the NCAA or not.  If I was under the heat Stan is supposedly under, I would ride those 7 too.
And Dontell can't play offense in the SEC right now.  As a matter of fact, Sean is less of a liability on the defensive end than Dontell is on the offensive end.  A lot of the blame for this team "melting" fall squarely on the shoulders of Dontell Jefferson. 

Get the frik over it with Dontell already.  Like I said....he can't play offense in the SEC right now.  Yes...this does mean he is a bad player because he can't make an intelligent descision under pressure either.  He's a frikin senior that has no business having the job of floor general!
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

RAZORBART

Personally I think you all give Heath way too much credit for knowing what is taking place on the court and having a game plan. My problem is, it would be fine for him to be learning on the job if he would only let those on the bench that obviously know more about the game, exercise their coaching abilities instead of over riding them. He could learn a lot from Hipsher if he would allow him to coach and then watch and learn. At least Hipsher is not afraid to get in the players and the ref's faces like little Stanley is.When he does though, Stan gives him a dirty look and says something like sit down, I am the boss here ??????
Townes and Jefferson don't talk back to Hipsher.I am not saying Hipsher is all that great of a coach, but He has got to know more about the game than Stanley does. I would be shocked if all the student managers do not know more about basketball than Stanley does.