Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My favorite part of the Super Bowl

Started by BigPapaHawg, February 06, 2006, 12:58:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigPapaHawg

Is how the Seahawks left tackle Walter Jones shut down Joey Porter all night. Porter was hardly seen in on many plays and ended up with only 3 tackles!  8)
WOO PIG

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: BigPapaHawg on February 06, 2006, 12:58:20 am
Is how the Seahawks left tackle Walter Jones shut down Joey Porter all night. Porter was hardly seen in on many plays and ended up with only 3 tackles!  8)

Wow.  Your favorite part???

My fav. was the SCOREBOARD.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

Hines Ward.

But Clemensrules and a bunch of other noobie idiots will say the refs.
So sad.  Typical of LOSERS.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

BigPapaHawg

I'm not a fan of either team and couldn't care less who won the game. I'm just glad that loud mouth Porter was shutdown and didn't account for squat in the super bowl!
WOO PIG

Lando Calrissian

The Hog basketball team needs a guy like Joey Porter.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: BigPapaHawg on February 06, 2006, 01:51:06 am
I'm not a fan of either team and couldn't care less who won the game. I'm just glad that loud mouth Porter was shutdown and didn't account for squat in the super bowl!

He's a loudmouth for sure...but he will have a Super Bowl ring!!!
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Richard_white

Walter Jones was just not playing against Joey Porter, Steelers won was the favorite part

WPS

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

Richard_white

BigPapaHawg

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 06, 2006, 01:56:17 am
Did Bettis retire after the game? 

Yep, that is the best way to do it. Going out on top!
WOO PIG

hogfancb

The MVP was Hines Ward but should have been the REFS.

holman24

My Favorite was watching Mike Holgram miss manage the clock at the end of both halves to give the Steelers the win.  Roethisberger is the youngest Qb to ever win a Superbowl and it won't be his last.
The Steelers are World Champs the best baby.

BigPapaHawg

Quote from: holman24 on February 06, 2006, 08:35:13 am
My Favorite was watching Mike Holgram miss manage the clock at the end of both halves to give the Steelers the win.  Roethisberger is the youngest Qb to ever win a Superbowl and it won't be his last.
The Steelers are World Champs the best baby.

Yeah and he has a great Super Bowl legacy with his amazing 22.6 QB rating, which has to be the worst in the history of the Super Bowl!
WOO PIG

holman24

I don't care if it was a QB rating of 0.1 he is a winner is W-L record show that and he is just in his 2nd year.

RazrRila99

What did Jeremy Stevens do?  How many dropped passes did he have?  He as laid out at the end of the game, that was a great moment.

BigPapaHawg

Quote from: Cole1976 on February 06, 2006, 09:02:44 am
What did Jeremy Stevens do?  How many dropped passes did he have?  He as laid out at the end of the game, that was a great moment.

Stevens wasn't the one talking all the smack that he couldn't back up!
WOO PIG

RazrRila99

Im not saying Porter had a great game, cause he didnt, neither did Polamolu.  But Stevens was more of a detriment than anything last night.  caught one big pass.

BigPapaHawg

Oh I agree, don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of Stevens either. But all the smack Porter had talked the last couple of weeks and then play the way he did, was a nice thing to see.
WOO PIG

Boared

My favorite part was seeing the relief on Cowher's face after finally winning the big one and seeing Bettis announce his retirement. I love the Bus, but it's rare that you see a player being allowed to retire on his own terms these days. Steve Young made a very good point when he said other teams would have found ways to cut Bettis a long time ago. Irregardless of what everyone here thinks of the officiating, he went out a champ.

Quote from: BigPapaHawg on February 06, 2006, 09:07:30 am
Quote from: Cole1976 on February 06, 2006, 09:02:44 am

Stevens wasn't the one talking all the smack that he couldn't back up!

ACTUALLY, Stevens was THE FIRST one to talk smack.  Porter had been quiet up to that point.  It was only after that that Porter mouthed off.  This was all reported on ESPN before the game.

FURTHERMORE, Porter refused to talk bad about Stevens after the game and even complemented him.  Get your facts straight.

Steelers are champs.

A-Town Hog Fan

My favorite part was when Randel el got the crap knocked out of him and came back to throw a sweet touchdown pass. 
Lord help us all!