Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sonny Weems

Started by razorbackfan4life, February 05, 2006, 11:15:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbackfan4life

I was just curious about how long he would play at Arkansas.  Would it be four years or just two?

and also here's a dunk he had that made #3 on sportscenter
http://media.putfile.com/weems

Josef

He would only play for 2 years....He is in his sophmore year right now. Awesome dunk - especially if you pause it from where he jumps and also pause it at the highest point of the jump

razorbackfan4life

Man that sux, I wish he would be here for four years, but a player of his caliber is greatly appreciated

cookie52

I couldn't get the video to load. What's up with it?

razorbackfan4life

I had the same problem, you have to download divx codec for it to work.
You can find it on www.divx.com

Topcat

We've already got guys who can dunk the ball. I hope he can do something to help this pathetic offense when we're in a half-court set. He had a game last week that he scored 6 points. Can he really help or is just more hype?

mossfan3

He is the best player on the preseason #1 juco team in the country, he better be able to help.

bigt54

"I was not the best cause I killed quickly, I was the best because the crowd loved me."

ENHOG

\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

LordStanleysHog

I've seen Weems play and he's got the stroke to hit the jumper from 15-20 feet away, nice size, great athletism, he's not a slasher like Brewer, he's a stop and pop kind of player, he uses his screens nicely... physically, he looks like a more athletic, stronger Chris Walker... I'm comparing the two because Weems is head and shoulders better than Walker but physically they look similar... Weems' game is smooth, good shooter, good passer, just a good overall player...he's also considered by many as the No. 1 JUCO player in the country...

Topcat

Excuse me for being cautious about believing the hype on a new recruit. I remember Nolan's #1 national signing class in 96. Those guys either turned out to be a bust or never made it on campus. Thanks LordStanley for the info, I hope you're right. 

HogFather

Quote from: Topcat on February 06, 2006, 12:00:11 pm
Excuse me for being cautious about believing the hype on a new recruit. I remember Nolan's #1 national signing class in 96. Those guys either turned out to be a bust or never made it on campus. Thanks LordStanley for the info, I hope you're right. 

No thank you 'Debbie Downer'.   waaaaa wuuuuuh.  lol

Topcat

There's no 'Debbie Downer' to it. How many times do you have to hear a bunch of BS about these recruits before you start to question it? That's OK, let them pump you full of sunshine and keep on believing it. Eventually you might learn better.

RAZORBART

we have a chance nextyear to have a really nice team. If Ronnie returns and with the addition of Weems and Ervin we should be pretty good if not better.
We still need someone to get into Townes' head and make him realize the importance of defense,rebounding, and teach the entire team including the subs how to play as a TEAM !!!!! According to the poster on here earlier, if you have talent you don't need a coach but who the heck is going to make them play as a team after all, they still only use one ball at a time. And before you start in on the prevalent theme used at Arkansas and that is "next year" just remember that is usually the only thing positive we have to rely on.

LordStanleysHog

Let's not forget Walsh and especially Washington...

The_Bionic_Pig

February 06, 2006, 02:23:29 pm #15 Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 02:35:45 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: bigt54 on February 06, 2006, 09:57:44 am
So was Jesse Pate

As I recall Jannero Pargo turned out quite well.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*