Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Backseat Coaches

Started by yocdaddy, February 05, 2006, 11:09:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yocdaddy

I am new to hogville as a member, but I have read the forums for quite some time now.  I am appalled by all the criticism of the basketball program and coach heath.  First of all, basketball coaching (for all of you who apparently have no idea) is completely different than football coaching.  Think about it, football coaches have 15 or 20 seconds to call the play and get the players set up with absolutely no interference by the defense.  Secondly, basketball coaches don't get to play their best five defenders or offense players at the same time.  They must mix their team according to specific philosophies.  Finally, basketball coaches can't call timeouts on defense when it is apparent the other team is running a specific play to score. 

Most of you probably still don't get the picture.  Coaching in college basketball is finding talented players to run your system.  And, once you find those players, they must make plays.  You ever wonder why there are so many more upsets in college basketball than college football?  Answer: Because 90% of all college basketball games don't come down to coaching X's and O's.  If it did, the teams with the great coaches would never get upset.  It comes down to which team has the most talent or which team makes more plays.  In those 10% of games that coaching actually decides the outcome, the players must still make the plays.  You need evidence, Bobby Knight (arguably one of the finest X's and O's coach ever) is barely .500 this season.  Ahhh.....you say he doesn't have the talent to win now.  That's right he don't, and by that, you are saying it comes down to players.  Preferably players who can make plays.

The hogs are fine.  They are on track.  Coach Heath is fine.  Losing those 4 conference games by 12 points total should be shared among players and coach.  After all, coaches don't take any shots, they don't turn the ball over, they don't miss blockouts, and they don't get whipped off the dribble.  When I watched the hogs lose the big lead at Kentucky, I saw no less than 10 or 12 opportunities for our big time players to make plays (regardless of the coaching decisions on the sideline).

Coaches get a little too much credit for winning, but way too much credit for losing.  For those of you still driven to criticize the coach, go back to college and get into coaching.  I'm a high school coach in the state, and I am disappointed we aren't 6-2 in the conference; however, I see much improvement in our basketball team and program.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

Franchise_Hog

Is that you Stan?

Go to bed so you will be fresh to prepare for LSU.

SAUhogfan

"That's right he don't, and by that, you are saying it comes down to players." 

I hope your classroom emphasis "don't be" English.

Vandimar

not to bash stan heath but...

you are right for the most part. But the coach is to blame since last i checked he was the one recruiting the players. And people are questioning his play calling in tight game situations, not placing ALL the blame on him. And besides who else is there to blame? Its not like we can fire the players and you know we have to blame SOMEONE :D
I'm not in this movie, I'm not in this song.

mikeirwin

Sorry to have to bring you down to earth but coaches do get criticized on message boards.
Feel free to defend these coaches all you want but don't act shocked when others express an different opinion.
All opinions are welcome here as long as they are expressed in a civil manner.

hogman64

Quote from: yocdaddy on February 05, 2006, 11:09:15 pm
I am new to hogville as a member, but I have read the forums for quite some time now.  I am appalled by all the criticism of the basketball program and coach heath.  First of all, basketball coaching (for all of you who apparently have no idea) is completely different than football coaching.  Think about it, football coaches have 15 or 20 seconds to call the play and get the players set up with absolutely no interference by the defense.  Secondly, basketball coaches don't get to play their best five defenders or offense players at the same time.  They must mix their team according to specific philosophies.  Finally, basketball coaches can't call timeouts on defense when it is apparent the other team is running a specific play to score. 

Most of you probably still don't get the picture.  Coaching in college basketball is finding talented players to run your system.  And, once you find those players, they must make plays.  You ever wonder why there are so many more upsets in college basketball than college football?  Answer: Because 90% of all college basketball games don't come down to coaching X's and O's.  If it did, the teams with the great coaches would never get upset.  It comes down to which team has the most talent or which team makes more plays.  In those 10% of games that coaching actually decides the outcome, the players must still make the plays.  You need evidence, Bobby Knight (arguably one of the finest X's and O's coach ever) is barely .500 this season.  Ahhh.....you say he doesn't have the talent to win now.  That's right he don't, and by that, you are saying it comes down to players.  Preferably players who can make plays.

The hogs are fine.  They are on track.  Coach Heath is fine.  Losing those 4 conference games by 12 points total should be shared among players and coach.  After all, coaches don't take any shots, they don't turn the ball over, they don't miss blockouts, and they don't get whipped off the dribble.  When I watched the hogs lose the big lead at Kentucky, I saw no less than 10 or 12 opportunities for our big time players to make plays (regardless of the coaching decisions on the sideline).

Coaches get a little too much credit for winning, but way too much credit for losing.  For those of you still driven to criticize the coach, go back to college and get into coaching.  I'm a high school coach in the state, and I am disappointed we aren't 6-2 in the conference; however, I see much improvement in our basketball team and program.

Nice first post Stan....Have a good week of practice and good luck at LSU, we all hope you  can win your first road game against someone other than an SEC bottom feeder.........

dmhog v2.0

You know, I still like Heath (barely), but you must not have been watching the same Arkansas team the rest of us have throughout the season.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Franchise_Hog on February 05, 2006, 11:13:29 pm

Is that you Stan?

Go to bed so you will be fresh to prepare for LSU.

LMAO..nice, very funny
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Ugly Uncle

While what you say is true to an extint...

If you had equal talent on both teams...who would you want coaching your team?

Heath vs. Knight
Heath vs. Calipari
Heath vs. Coach K.
Heath vs. Nolan
Heath vs. Sutton
Heath vs. Self
Heath vs. Brady
Heath vs. Patino

In all of those cases...if it came down to equal talent and one game with a week to prepare and then game decisions...I take all of those guys over Heath.

Talent in the SEC is so close...coaching does make a HUGE difference.
Retired Radio Host

VoR

Dang fine 1st post Mrs. Heath, welcome to the board, please tell Stan if he can manage to go 5-3 in these last 8 games, then win at least 1 in SEC tourney most of us here will be willing to give him a pass till next year, but tell him he needs to bring that fire he had yesterday to the 1st practice and stoke it occasionally.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 05, 2006, 11:48:27 pm

While what you say is true to an extint...

If you had equal talent on both teams...who would you want coaching your team?

Heath vs. Knight
Heath vs. Calipari
Heath vs. Coach K.
Heath vs. Nolan
Heath vs. Sutton
Heath vs. Self
Heath vs. Brady
Heath vs. Patino

In all of those cases...if it came down to equal talent and one game with a week to prepare and then game decisions...I take all of those guys over Heath.

Talent in the SEC is so close...coaching does make a HUGE difference.

I'd take Heath over Brady. But that's just because I'm convinced that Heath isn't as strung out.

yocdaddy

Whoever made the reply that he would take Knight, Coach K, Sutton, Self, Calipari, and Patino over Heath, congratulations on the obvious.  If you would take Brady and Nolan over him, you are an idiot. 

All I am stating is that those games the hogs lost were a combined effort of coach and players.  When your players can make plays all day long until crunch time, they aren't big time players.  Yeah, Ronnie included.  Did you notice his great stretch in the waning minutes of the South Carolina game?  When South Carolina trimmed the lead from 18 to 11, it was all Ronnie Brewer.  He made a turnover that led directly to a layup.  The next trip he took a quick 3 point shot when we needed clock management and poise, result....clang.  They go down and score quickly.  Next trip, he dribbles across half-court into a trap and picks up the ball in the dead corner.  Yep, he definitely makes big time plays.  Remember Miss St?  The best look he can get in our next to last possession is a long, contested 3pt shot.  Result....clang, rebound....outlet, reverse lay-up for Miss St. with 8 seconds left.  How about Bama, up three and our starting point guard fouls an off balance 3pt shot at the buzzer.  That sounds like a coaching mistake that cost us that game.  Sounds like a bonehead player to me.  And, Kentucky........ahhh yes, the complete and total collapse of the entire team.  Nobody made a play during their run.  Not Brewer, Ferguson, Jefferson, Townes, Thomas, not anyone.  When I played college basketball, my coach never had to tell me to make a play when the other team went on a run.  It didn't matter what offense or defense was called, the players should have made enough plays to hang on to the lead.  Heath got outcoached in the last half, sure, but was he responsible for the huge turnaround.  And by the way, he should have got outcoached, Tubby is very good and has much more experience. 

Thanks for some of the replies, and yes, fans have the right to criticize; however, before you start mouthin' and calling for someone to be fired, get a clue.  Heck, get a degree and get to coaching.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: yocdaddy on February 06, 2006, 12:24:12 am
Thanks for some of the replies, and yes, fans have the right to criticize; however, before you start mouthin' and calling for someone to be fired, get a clue.  Heck, get a degree and get to coaching.
So your advice is for us to "get to coaching".  This is a message board, everyone gets to state their opinion, no matter what their profession.  Ease up a little, homey.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Ugly Uncle

Whoever made the reply that he would take Knight, Coach K, Sutton, Self, Calipari, and Patino over Heath, congratulations on the obvious.  If you would take Brady and Nolan over him, you are an idiot. 

All I am stating is that those games the hogs lost were a combined effort of coach and players.  When your players can make plays all day long until crunch time, they aren't big time players.  Yeah, Ronnie included.  Did you notice his great stretch in the waning minutes of the South Carolina game?  When South Carolina trimmed the lead from 18 to 11, it was all Ronnie Brewer.  He made a turnover that led directly to a layup.  The next trip he took a quick 3 point shot when we needed clock management and poise, result....clang.  They go down and score quickly.  Next trip, he dribbles across half-court into a trap and picks up the ball in the dead corner.  Yep, he definitely makes big time plays.  Remember Miss St?  The best look he can get in our next to last possession is a long, contested 3pt shot.  Result....clang, rebound....outlet, reverse lay-up for Miss St. with 8 seconds left.  How about Bama, up three and our starting point guard fouls an off balance 3pt shot at the buzzer.  That sounds like a coaching mistake that cost us that game.  Sounds like a bonehead player to me.  And, Kentucky........ahhh yes, the complete and total collapse of the entire team.  Nobody made a play during their run.  Not Brewer, Ferguson, Jefferson, Townes, Thomas, not anyone.  When I played college basketball, my coach never had to tell me to make a play when the other team went on a run.  It didn't matter what offense or defense was called, the players should have made enough plays to hang on to the lead.  Heath got outcoached in the last half, sure, but was he responsible for the huge turnaround.  And by the way, he should have got outcoached, Tubby is very good and has much more experience. 

Oh yeah.  I would take Tubby too.  Thanks for the reminder.
Retired Radio Host

Richard_white

Sorry for that being one of your first post stan heath i mean yocdaddy but obviously you havent watched 4 years of stan heath's coaching...second you talk about x's and o's like he has done a good job so far look at his record, not just in conference play but as well in non conference play, check out his road record, how can you say he is on track? i can say he is on track to have a one way ticket to unemployemnt.

WPS

Ugly Uncle

Oh, and Brady...he IS a little iffy.  But Nolan...for one game...with a week to prepare...then making game decisions...Yeah...Nolan all day long, everyday over Heath.

Heath is a better man...but I still think burned out Nolan could have won against everyone except for maybe UConn this year.  Don't want him back...but still.
Retired Radio Host

Franchise_Hog

Thank you for stating so much of the obvious again.  Trust me, people on this board see everything you see.  I personally like Heath, but people are very frustrated with him for "getting outcoached by Tubby."  So, are we always going to get outcoached by the Tubby's of the basketball world...go ask Kentucky fans what they think of Tubby's coaching...trust me, it ain't good.

When you pay a man over $800,000 a year to do a job, he needs to show you he is meeting you half way.  I don't think winning 3 or 4 or whatever it is road games is meeting this state's fan base half way.

hogman64

the obvious is that all fans are not going to be coaches, but still  as supporters of a program have a right to expect a semblance of acceptable results after 3 + years.. so far Stan hasnt delivered even a smidgen of acceptable results..........please stop with the  "you try coaching,   its hard" line.........it is lame and been used a thousand times before you decided to start posting here.  I think anyone with a brain knows that  to be a coach in the SEC isnt easy, or at least to be one of the best isnt easy, but with the money Stan makes we expect a little more than we are getting from him at this point..........If you dont understand that, there must be a lot of things you just dont get............

Biggus Piggus

yocdaddy, much discussion has taken place on this board over many years, and many people on this board arrived at their conclusions with much more deliberation that you've taken time to observe.  For someone who supposedly is a coach, your observations are remarkably simplistic.  We can handle more, go ahead and try us.
[CENSORED]!

RealSmartGuy

Stan you have really branched out lately, you chew Darian Townes out and now you are trying to cover your defeciencies on hogville.  This is a smart move because we can help you with some coaching advice, and you did seem to follow it with Townes, so perhaps things are looking up.  No Offense Stan nice first post, but you still need to be fired, I might give you a 1% chance of making it, if you would take off your coat and tie on the sidelines.

FIRE STAN

12under

i dont know if heath is the man or not, but anyone who will take him over nolan is just not thinking clearly.  nolan has won everywhere he has coached

hogsanity

Quote from: 12under on February 06, 2006, 10:43:32 am
i dont know if heath is the man or not, but anyone who will take him over nolan is just not thinking clearly.  nolan has won everywhere he has coached

WHich Nolan am I taking him against?  The Nolan who coached from 86-95 or the one aftyer that? 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

yocdaddy

That's cool, most of you missed the point.  I figured as much from a bunch of pessimists.  You can't compare Heath to those other guys.  It's like comparing an 8th grader to a senior.  Besides, what has failed in his coaching philosophy?

And, if you actually think his first two years at Arkansas was a fair assessment of him, you are a moron.  By the way, I never said he was a great coach.  He's very green and unemotional, but that doesn't make all the losses his fault.  

Bottom line is that the players haven't made plays at crucial times.  Spread the blame a little.

TuckFexas

Let's see, coaching doesn't really win/lose games....

Timeout right before Ferguson made a three to tie the game.

Draws up a play against MSU that had Brewer run around until the last second and pass to Thomas for a 3 pointer??

Finds a way to let his players give up an 18 point lead at UK.

Calls a timeout with 5 seconds left at 'Bama when Ronnie has the ball.

I'd say some of these could be blamed on Heath....
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

12under

Quote from: TuckFexas on February 06, 2006, 10:53:34 am

Draws up a play against MSU that had Brewer run around until the last second and pass to Thomas for a 3 pointer??

i guess he should have known that ferguson was going to make that three. and can you never call a timeout when ronnie has the ball?  wins and losses never are just coaching or players, its always a combination of the two.

12under

Quote from: hogsanity on February 06, 2006, 10:50:02 am

WHich Nolan am I taking him against?  The Nolan who coached from 86-95 or the one aftyer that? 
the one that won championships at every level.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: hogsanity on February 06, 2006, 10:50:02 am

You mean the one that won a nat'l champ or the one who had JJ sullinger, Modica, and ANDRE IGUODOLA signed to rebuild his team? (and don't forget about Okafor, he was "special")  I'll gladly take either of the Nolan's to replace Heaf...
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

PennHOG

Quote from: SAUhogfan on February 05, 2006, 11:14:00 pm
"That's right he don't, and by that, you are saying it comes down to players." 

I hope your classroom emphasis "don't be" English.

That's funny.  A mulerider calling out bad english.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

hogfankb

Calling the timeout made that 3 a little easier. Not that tough to make a jumpshot when no one is guarding you.

Brewer was double teamed. Everyone knew he was going to get the ball. Would you have prefered someone else handle it late in the game? He also missed a wide open ferguson to make that pass to thomas. Do you think Heath told him to pass it the guy that was guarded instead of the open one.

"Finds a way to let his players give up an 18 point lead at UK" Again i'm sure he told them to stop guarding the shooters. This team shows a lack of heart and determination. They try and coast on in when they get up big. That isn't going to work in the SEC. How does he fix that? Bench the players that can play but won't and play the players who can't play but will try?

I too would not have called the timeout in the bama game. But with 5 seconds left brewer could have made it to the basket just as easily as before the timeout. Brewer settled for the 3. How do we know he wouldn't have done the same thing before the timeout.

I too don't believe heath is a great coach but lets not throw all the blame on him. How are we getting up by 15-20 points in the first half of every game? Was heath not on the bench during that time or are the players just overcoming horrible coaching?

Heath may not be the solution but he sure isn't the whole problem either.

mpeacock

The initial post captures exactly my sentiments about the status of this b-ball program. Yes, I am disappointed that we have blown leads but it is certainly not ALL on Coach Heath that this is occurring. In fact, Mr. Ronnie Brewer's performance Saturday was less than sub-par simply due to what I perceive as a lack of effort and intensity. Not many All-Americans simply toss (again and again) a lob pass to no one in particular on a 3-on-1 break and then decide not to pass to Modica on a 2-on-1, but rather take and ill-advised left handed lay-up that resulted in 0 points. That is not a coaching problem that is a player not stepping up and being the "man" everyone is making him out to be. As good a game as Modica had, my question is where was he in the 2nd half of the Kentucky game? And many others that I can't count on my fingers and toes combined. I like the players and support them no matter how badly play sometimes looks, but my point is that (and my guess also) is that most of you " noisy, shallow brooks) have never dribbled a basketball, nor do you have any recollection of the starting 5 in Stan's first year - that bunch might not have competed well in the NAIA. As for the Georgia comment above, where are they now? Quick turnaround only to fall to the basment as rapidly? I don't want that here at Arkansas. The societal shift toward "I want what I want right now" with complete disregard for sustained effort and building toward success appalls me. As for recruiting, remember Al Jefferson and Moe Hargrow? If either had made it to Arkansas we would not even be discussing this matter. Look at the impact that ONE RECRUIT (Mitch Mustain) has had on football recruiting. Let's not jump the gun and call for the firing of a man whose teams are now winning conference games by double digits when less than 2 years ago we couldn't even stay within double figures of mediocre SEC teams because our "weapons' were Carl Baker, Blake Eddins, Dionisio Gomez, Larry Satchell, and Alonzo Lane (a 6' 4" post player). You folks are the most negative and uninformed basketball fans I have ever heard speak. Nolan is gone. The "press and run style of play is gone (check the national scoreboard and see how many teams put up 80-100 points a game). Yet, I shouldn't expect anything more from a group of fans that have hung on to a 1969 football game in which we LOST!!! Maybe the attitudes of the fans have as much to do with the inability, as many of you have stated it, for the Uof A to become committed to winning in athletics.

P.S. While I agree Stan missed on Dontell for the most part (should've landed Lofton now at Tennessee), Dontell still leads the SEC in assists and is our most consistent low post passer. Can someone remind me the last time Ronnie Brewer made a post-entry pass for an assist? And believe me I love Brewer and the rest of the guys, but fan helplessness to directly induce change often turns to hostility. This hostility is being totally directed at Coach Heath, who can't just yank players making mistakes out of the game because you only have so many to choose from. Sometimes players are accountable for psychological lapses in focus when we establish big leads (watch the free throw shooting when we are up big for an example). That's my pent up rant after reading some of the more ignorant (not stupid, but ill-informed about the game of basketball) comments made on this board.

Stateline Hawg

QuoteHeath is a better man...but I still think burned out Nolan could have won against everyone except for maybe UConn this year.  Don't want him back...but still.

He would have lost to Ole Miss.

TuckFexas

Quote from: hogfankb on February 06, 2006, 11:22:17 am

Calling the timeout made that 3 a little easier. Not that tough to make a jumpshot when no one is guarding you.

Brewer was double teamed. Everyone knew he was going to get the ball. Would you have prefered someone else handle it late in the game? He also missed a wide open ferguson to make that pass to thomas. Do you think Heath told him to pass it the guy that was guarded instead of the open one.

"Finds a way to let his players give up an 18 point lead at UK" Again i'm sure he told them to stop guarding the shooters. This team shows a lack of heart and determination. They try and coast on in when they get up big. That isn't going to work in the SEC. How does he fix that? Bench the players that can play but won't and play the players who can't play but will try?

I too would not have called the timeout in the bama game. But with 5 seconds left brewer could have made it to the basket just as easily as before the timeout. Brewer settled for the 3. How do we know he wouldn't have done the same thing before the timeout.

I too don't believe heath is a great coach but lets not throw all the blame on him. How are we getting up by 15-20 points in the first half of every game? Was heath not on the bench during that time or are the players just overcoming horrible coaching?

Heath may not be the solution but he sure isn't the whole problem either.

The point about the timeouts is this: Heath can't draw up a play that is going to work so why the hell call the timeout anyway? He's better off letting the players create something in that situation.

I think Ronnie should get a chance to be the hero at the end of the game, but he's likely not going to get that chance. The opposing coach is going to single him out and leave somebody else wide open. Whoever has had the hot hand that night, other than Brewer, should be given an opportunity if Ronnie can't get a shot.

18 point lead at UK isn't Heath's fault? Is he or is he not the one who left Townes and Hill in there to combine for 2 rebounds in the 2nd half? Good lord, get someone in there that wants the ball (i.e. Cyrus). Yeah he's young, but at least he fights for rebounds.

I agree Heath isn't completely to blame, he can't shoot free throws, rebound, etc. for the players. But, when he puts the team in a position to win the game, he needs to ensure his team wins. What does it say about the guy when DJ fouls Steele beyond the 3 pt line at the end of the game and he gets to play in OT?
Famous quote.

mpeacock

How about the "drawn up" play out of the time out Saturday where we back picked for the lob to Jefferson, or the several curl plays out of times outs to Modica at the elbow and one to Brewer curling around the post for an easy look? Those were efficient time outs. Also, our in-bounds defense that caused time outs following a time out represented an improvement, right? Hang on to your negative memory if you like but each game is a new chance for growth and progress. It just doesn't seem that many of you can undo your rigid opinions in order to actually watch the games. In social science research that is termed the "halo effect" when you have a preconceived notion that only allows you to attend to and encode information consistent with your rigid conceptualizations. I've noticed the 'Fire Houston" talk has diminished simply on the basis of the recent recruiting success, huh?

TuckFexas

Quote from: mpeacock on February 06, 2006, 11:48:54 am
How about the "drawn up" play out of the time out Saturday where we back picked for the lob to Jefferson, or the several curl plays out of times outs to Modica at the elbow and one to Brewer curling around the post for an easy look? Those were efficient time outs. Also, our in-bounds defense that caused time outs following a time out represented an improvement, right? Hang on to your negative memory if you like but each game is a new chance for growth and progress. It just doesn't seem that many of you can undo your rigid opinions in order to actually watch the games. In social science research that is termed the "halo effect" when you have a preconceived notion that only allows you to attend to and encode information consistent with your rigid conceptualizations. I've noticed the 'Fire Houston" talk has diminished simply on the basis of the recent recruiting success, huh?

It wasn't preconceived. It manifested itself after 3.5 years of a shi*ty BB program.
Famous quote.

RAZORBART

coaching basketball is over rated right Houston (wink-wink)

if what you say is true then every coach should make the same salary right ?

HogFather

I am new to hogville as a member, but I have read the forums for quite some time now.  I am appalled by all the criticism of the basketball program and coach heath. 

Welcome................you obviously feeeel the powa uv da darksiyde.

Buff

QuoteFirst of all, basketball coaching (for all of you who apparently have no idea) is completely different than football coaching.
your ability to state the obvious is amazing. congratulations.

QuoteCoaching in college basketball is finding talented players to run your system.
so do you think Stan has found the talent?  if you answer yes to this question, tell me why we aren't winning.

QuoteThe hogs are fine.  They are on track.
tell me what we're on track for.  maybe making the big dance next year?  just making the NCAA tourney isn't enough for me.

QuoteLosing those 4 conference games by 12 points total should be shared among players and coach.
in how many of those losses did we give up a big lead or allow the other team to go on a big run against us?

the phrase that ignorance is bliss must be true.