Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Robert Johnson?

Started by hogattack21, February 05, 2006, 04:55:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogattack21

I like Rojo but he just isnt a QB, he has good size at 6'2" and speed 4.45. Even after he lost his starting spot he was always cheering Casey and the team on and I like that. Do any of you fellow members think he could start at another positon?
It may be wrong, but it sure feels right.

afhogfan1980

i would use him for like a reverse qb pass to throw the defence off for a quick score sounds like a great combo
"Even Lance Armstrong Won Without a Nutt"

hogman64

I dont know if he can or not, but I would love him to get a shot if that is what he wants.  As far as I know he has handled the whole situation with alot of class, and I too like him..

jkstock04

4.45??  Thats pretty quick...if he's that fast he should've been running the ball more on options and qb sweeps to the outside...even though he was one hell of a hand-off qb..
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

afhogfan1980

dont forget how he played against usc its like he lost all his fire when he got hurt at usc he was having a good game b4 that i might jus be crazy but he looked good

whatsshakinbacon

February 05, 2006, 05:05:26 pm #5 Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 05:08:41 pm by whatsshakinbacon
I think there's a 90% chance ROJO is not going to be our QB, but let's give Alex Wood a chance to get in his head to see if maybe he can fix his psychological approach to the game.  Obviously there's not a problem with his mechanics, he seems to perform well in practice and was a very solid HS QB. 

Put him in a game and apparently all our receivers look about 5 feet shorter (or taller in some games) than they really are.

Bacon out...

afhogfan1980

thats so true my dad is of the opinion that he couldnt hit the red side of a green barn only guy i seen that can over throw markus monk lol

twistitup

rojo runs a 4.45. looks must be very decieving.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

jkstock04

I don't think he's got 4.4 speed...no way.  If I was to guess I'd say more 4.6 range...40 times and height and weight are ALMOST ALWAYS over exaggerated.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

afhogfan1980

lets not forget mayy jones speeed was decieving but hes legs are 5 feet long lol

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 05, 2006, 05:11:57 pm
I don't think he's got 4.4 speed...no way.  If I was to guess I'd say more 4.6 range...40 times and height and weight are ALMOST ALWAYS over exaggerated.

Otis "GRIT" Kirk said he runs a 4.36.

;)

Bacon out...

afhogfan1980

so how many of the upcoming class are going to be ineligible to play and what pos u think brandon barnett will play in 07

jkstock04

Hahaha.....I'm sorry about derailing the thread....but didnt someone say one of our recruits runs like a 4.27??
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

afhogfan1980

yeah i think that was broadway im pretty sure id like to see fish catch the ball this year

jkstock04

So Broadway has got 4.2 speed huh...well if so he needs to be running track too...thats blazin speed.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

CarolinaHog1176

there's NO WAY that rojo runs a 4.4...  he got ran down by the DL too often this past year.  he'd scrammble, try for the corner, and not make it...  does that mean that DL are now running 4.3's?
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

twistitup

exactly how I feel carolina hog!!

hogattack21

I just heard that he runs a 4.45 from someone on T.V. It was someone on 40/29 in springfield.
It may be wrong, but it sure feels right.

afhogfan1980

robert johnson is going the route travaris jackson did  maybe coach wood can help him out because he has a strong arm jus needs to work on his control and pressure he is far more talented than dick and mortansen but dick has his head in the game better  and people bad mouthing dick on the other boards let us not forget im only 25 but ive never seen any other razorback hit 12 passes in a row like dick did

Kilgor

Rivals says 6'3" 195 lbs. 4.5 when he was a freshman 3 years ago.

Damian Williams is 6'1" 180 4.5 according to Rivals.

He could be a QB, WR, S, or OLB.  I hope he doesn't transfer and doesn't waste away on the bench.  I don't think Malzahn or Herring will let that happen.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

twistitup

I still want to see him run that 4.5

afhogfan1980

yes this is very true we can always use speedy old and a safety would be good 2 maybe a5th wideout and redshirt some of them new guys so we have a better foundation at wr then jus throwin em to the wolves so to speak

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

We have too much talent at WR, CB, FS, for Johnson to be anything but a #3 QB.  We all know he can't hit a WR 10 feet in front of him.  Also if he were 4.45 we would have done more options, qb sneaks, etc. 

afhogfan1980

time to go to div 2 where u throw the ball 75 times a game and complete 20 passes wtg to robert lol thats about as good as he will be

twistitup

simple mistake on the speed - it was a 5.4 not 4.5 right??

I truly do not believe this 4.5 stuff- if it is true- what happened? I think we could of made more of his speed if this was the case.