Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wed. against LSU will it be the ...........

Started by RazorHawg16, February 05, 2006, 02:53:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorHawg16

Same ole same ole? or will we actually keep our lead and hang on for the win? Just kinda seeing what everyone thinks? I think it will be the same ole same ole, but just like many of you I will be watching and hopeing that we pull it out at the end.  :razorback:

dotnet

I think we'll probably lose too, but I don't think that it means we're a bad team.  I don't think many teams could go into LSU right now (especially after they just got upset) and win.

Brutalis

.. will be the game of the year so far. LSU is not a cupcake and are playing better IMO than they were when we first faced them.
God, please let the my Hogs be just half as good as my Spurs. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh meeennnnnnnnnnn

PHill94

Yeah Bama beating them doesn't help us. they came off that Uconn loss last time when they won. We will have to shoot about 70 pct. from the field and hit about 90 pct. of the free throws. Plus I think we will get absolutely no help from the refs. We all know the calls don't go our way on the road.

mbgrulz

if we have to shoot 70 % from the field, then were screwed, but so would every other team in the world. we will not lose the lead this time...or will we ever have any lead to lose. they will bend us over and treat us like the underachieving bottom feeders that we are.

LSU 74
UA 61

snag

February 05, 2006, 03:58:23 pm #5 Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 07:55:01 am by snag
LSU is undefeated at home vs. the SEC this year. They're getting better as the season progresses, which is to be expected when you realize they have 2 of the best Freshmen in the nation (Tyrus Thomas could be the very best). They beat #16 Tennessee 88-74 at home.

If we beat them, it would have to be considered a remarkable upset. Making it a close game would be an accomplishment.

mbgrulz

i think so too. they are ranked in the top 25, but i would like to see some of the top 10 teams play them. i think the voters would change their minds. lsu is a top 15 team easy

Sonofahog

I see another possible "moral victory" on the horizon.  If you could choose,  would you rather have a miracle win against LSU Wednesday,  or a miracle victory against Florida at BWA??   I for one think we lose to both.
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

hogattack21

For some reason we always play well in baton Rouge, I think we will keep it close, but they will make the plays at the end to pull it out.
It may be wrong, but it sure feels right.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

February 05, 2006, 04:22:44 pm #9 Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 04:25:10 pm by abostian
Quote from: stillahog on February 05, 2006, 04:06:17 pm
I see another possible "moral victory" on the horizon.  If you could choose,  would you rather have a miracle win against LSU Wednesday,  or a miracle victory against Florida at BWA??   I for one think we lose to both.

Yep... both are gonna be moral victories.  "Our guys played tough, never gave up right to the very end... If we just would have had one or two more things go our way..." etc. etc.

merccedes

Razorod

so basically we're saying we'll be 5-5 this time next week. ten games into the sec season and .500. and some are wondering why nobody is excited about the win yesterday.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

jkstock04

I think it'll be another let down....I say we will keep up with them throughout the game...even catch 2 or 4 point leads at times..only to blow it in the last 1 or 2 minutes....
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Porky OLeary

Maybe lsu will overlook us.
You know they think we suck.

PHill94

It would be great to beat them by 30.  I catch the John Brady show her in North Louisiana sometimes and I don't he never goes through a show without saying something about our fans at BWA  but he seems to think the LSU fans have the most class in the country. I'm still fired up about Heath letting the officials take that three away last year at the end of regultion and not saying anything about it until after the game. I see the officials walking all over Heath in this one as well.

ballhog™

We got the ability.  I don't know if we have the poise.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

oldbooniehog

Absolutely nothing in the past three and half seasons gives any reason to expect a win at LSU on Wednesday.

oldbooniehog

TennesseeRaz

Hope I'm wrong, but I can't see a victory even though I think we have the advantage in personnel -- except for the point.

jrw11475

Well since earlier in the year I was pumped up and confident and we gave the freakin game away.  I say now we have no chance so we will win.  I will try that logic.

mountainhog

well since most people think they are gonna lose , then they shouldnt have any pressure on them.  thats why im picking an upset . Ark. 68  Lsu 66

Broken Trigger

Quote from: PHill94 on February 05, 2006, 05:16:47 pm
It would be great to beat them by 30.  I catch the John Brady show her in North Louisiana sometimes and I don't he never goes through a show without saying something about our fans at BWA  but he seems to think the LSU fans have the most class in the country. I'm still fired up about Heath letting the officials take that three away last year at the end of regultion and not saying anything about it until after the game. I see the officials walking all over Heath in this one as well.

We're due for one, and none would be better than handing Brady a big "L".

chiefsfan

Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

PennHOG

I hope we can beat them.  I may be able to listen to them on the radio.  For some reason at night I can pick up WWL out of New Orleans up here in Pennsylvania.  But they, LSU, seem to have a chemistry that is working right now.  Arkansas is going to have to play the game of their lives Wednesday.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

othermac

it is yet another chance for stan to make a statement. you would think that at some point he has got to come out on top. the law of averages has got to be stacked so high in his favor right now, it should take 4 years to get them back in line. plus i think we have a good team that needs the confidence a win like this could provide. this is a very important game, i am sure stan is pulling out all the stops, he needs this game berry berry bad.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

mbgrulz

Quote from: othermac on February 06, 2006, 07:24:46 am
it is yet another chance for stan to make a statement. you would think that at some point he has got to come out on top. the law of averages has got to be stacked so high in his favor right now, it should take 4 years to get them back in line. plus i think we have a good team that needs the confidence a win like this could provide. this is a very important game, i am sure stan is pulling out all the stops, he needs this game berry berry bad.
i think you are probably right on the law of averages part. we have played so many big games in SH's era, and we are yet to come out on top of one. you would think that we are eventually gonna luck out.

i keep telling myself that we are superior talent wise to about everybody in the conference except UF. now i am not so sure. LSU has at least 3 guys that i am not sure we can match. that being Thomas, Mitchell, Davis. brewer is our only guy that is a guaranteed outmatch every night. townes and hill could be those guys, but they dont seem to want it bad enough