Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modica

Started by TulsaHogFan, February 04, 2006, 03:57:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHogFan

Thats all i have to say, that guy was THE MAN today.

Congrats Modica.  Very impressive showing today.

If you are not starting against LSU i will be pissed.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on February 04, 2006, 03:57:24 pm

Modica was the two-headed monster today.   ;)
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

razorbackfan4life

Looke similar to JJ Reddick out there, he had half of the teams points, and was VERY VERY efficient.  If he plays that good the rest of the way, its gonna be hard to beat us.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on February 04, 2006, 04:00:06 pm
  Looke similar to JJ Reddick out there, he had half of the teams points, and was VERY VERY efficient.  If he plays that good the rest of the way, its gonna be hard to beat us.

We've needed someone to step up and be a leader.  He looks like the most promising candidate at this point.

Franchise_Hog

I LOVE IT WHEN POOKIE PLAYS WELL!  He's my favorite all around Razorback for this year's team.

karma26

That was absolutely awesome. Gratz to Modica. He played his a$$ off. Hope he enjoys his night. I have a feeling it'll be good.

HouTxRzbck

I love it...Keep it up.
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

South_Ark_Pig

awesome game for pookie, wonder how many that bad mouth him willl now give him his respect? the team isnt all about brewer

Shocktheman

When is the last time that a Razorback scored 37 points or better?  I can not remember!

fineswine

Please explain why Heath kept Pookie buried behind Olu (NO Clue) Famutimi last year?

HogCards88

Everyone was passin' the sugar to him, that was why he scored so much.

I bet a few ladies will do the same to him tonight as well.

cobbshogs

someone has to step-up

lunchbox72703

February 04, 2006, 04:11:34 pm #12 Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 04:29:39 pm by lunchbox72703
Quote from: ET Hog Fan on February 04, 2006, 04:07:17 pm
When is the last time that a Razorback scored 37 points or better?  I can not remember!

Alex Dillard, 39 points against Delaware State, and I believe it was in 95....or 94, can't remember

Franchise_Hog

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on February 04, 2006, 04:11:34 pm

Alex Dillard, 49 points against Delaware State, and I believe it was in 95....or 94, can't remember

Dillard had 39....he did have 12  3-pointers that game.

Hogs4Ever

Congrats to Modica for a helluva performance.  Bring it every game!   8)

Shocktheman

Alex Dillard, 49 points against Delaware State, and I believe it was in 95....or 94, can't remember

Thanks!  Applause for you.

lumphog

"SMACKOVER  SMACKDOWN"......Did you see him CLOWN?

lunchbox72703

Quote from: Franchise_Hog on February 04, 2006, 04:14:22 pm

Dillard had 39....he did have 12  3-pointers that game.

caught it, thanks man, nned someone with a good red pen around here to keep me straight

weevilhogg

when Modica gets his feet set, very few can shoot as well as he does.

Oh my!

HawgLover08

That was one helluva performance by Pookie. I was really impressed with us today........even though it was South Carolina. I think that was the most complete game we have played all year. GO HOGS  :razorback:

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on February 04, 2006, 03:57:24 pm

As much as I wanted him to shoot the three to hit the 40 mark, i was very impressed that he pulled the ball out and ran the clock out. Not many would have done that with the crowd screaming at him to hit 40. He was completely unconscious. He went Kobe on SC.

Modica has not been the most consistent player in UA history but he stuck with Arkansas even though things were not going his way. Impressive player and person.

Gonna be sad to see him go on Sr night. Wish i could be there to send him Ferguson and Jefferson off.

zortoes

Didn't Joe Johnson score around 50 points in one game?  I could be totally off here, so forgive me.

ghg1

I bet somebody shares the sugar with him tonight.

Tejano Jawg

One great thing about Modica starring in a TV game is you hear the town "Smackover" mentioned a dozen times. What an awesome town name. Where is Smackover?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on February 04, 2006, 06:46:46 pm
One great thing about Modica starring in a TV game is you hear the town "Smackover" mentioned a dozen times. What an awesome town name. Where is Smackover?

That is a great name for a town.  Smackover is down in South Arkansas between Magnolia and El Dorado, and is a little north of both of them.

hogtheball

Give Ferguson some credit for doing a good job at the point position today.  DJ started out on the bench and stayed there most of the night.  Ferguson did a great job of getting Modica the ball when he was open, and coming off screens. 
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

SPAL

Quote from: BuckOceanFan on February 04, 2006, 08:14:02 pm
For those who joined me at the game today, who wishes that Heath would have let Modica take that last three and hit the 40 mark, instead of waving his hands like an idiot on the sideline.  Three more points wouldn't have been being unsportsmanlike, and when is the last time we had a Hog go for 40.  I know Al Dillard went for 39 back in '94.

no way...stay classy. Nobody likes Kobe Bryant and to shoot a 3 with just ticks left when you are up double digits is classless and bryantesque. I would have loved to see him get 40 and had the 3 he shot with 50 seconds left gone down then it is fine, however, dont be stupid with a few seconds on the clock just to inflate stats.

SPAL

Quote from: zortoes on February 04, 2006, 04:52:06 pm

Didn't Joe Johnson score around 50 points in one game?  I could be totally off here, so forgive me.

JJ never scored 50, in fact no razorback has ever scored 50. Martin Terry scored 47 in a game against SMu in 73 and that is a record...the last time someone scored 40, wasin 1992 when Todd Day went for 43 against shaq oneal an LSU.

ghg1

February 04, 2006, 08:45:57 pm #28 Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 08:53:24 pm by ghg1
Quote from: Tejano Jawg on February 04, 2006, 06:46:46 pm
Where is Smackover?

It's between El Dorado and Camden.

hogtheball

IF you read this stuff Modica, great game.  You made me happy I searched and found tickets.  good luck against LSU.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: ghg1 on February 04, 2006, 08:45:57 pm
That is a great name for a town.  Smackover is down in South Arkansas between Magnolia and El Dorado, and is a little north of both of them.

Actually it's between El Dorado and Camden.

Yes, but it's between El Dorado and Magnolia as well.

[attachment deleted by admin]

ghg1

February 04, 2006, 09:01:02 pm #31 Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 09:27:53 pm by ghg1
Quote from: gmb_79 on February 04, 2006, 08:52:31 pm

Yes, but it's between El Dorado and Magnolia as well.

You don't go come close to Smackover when traveling between El Dorado and  Magnolia .  On the other hand, one ALWAYS passes through Smackover when traveling from El Dorado to Camden or vice versa.   

Smackover is 10 minutes from El Dorado and 15 minutes from Camden.  Magnolia is a 45 minutes away.

silvertip

February 04, 2006, 09:19:08 pm #32 Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 09:46:52 pm by silvertip
Quote from: fineswine on February 04, 2006, 04:08:12 pm
Please explain why Heath kept Pookie buried behind Olu (NO Clue) Famutimi last year?

It was no mystery. FIRST, he was not "buried behind Olu" last year. They played almost exactly the same # of minutes.

Pookie was a better offensive player. BUT, as with his entire career, Pookie had a pitiful negative assist/TO ratio, plus he is a poor defender & rebounder. Pookie has great games when his 3-point shot is falling. When it's not, or when Pookie is unhappy for whatever reason, then he is a liability on the floor. He plays soft. The reason Olu played as many minutes as Pookie is that Olu was a good defender. Whereas Pookie would often give up more points than he scored, playing his matador D.

Pookie is either very good, as tonight & usually at home, or he is very bad. The reason his role on the team has decreased the past 2 years is that the total team talent has increased. When Pookie was the featured player on the team, the team had a losing record. Not because of Pookie, but because the team was weak. It's bad when a team's best player is a 6'5' "guard" who can't dribble or dish assists. 

silvertip

Quote from: hogtheball on February 04, 2006, 08:17:40 pm
Give Ferguson some credit for doing a good job at the point position today.  DJ started out on the bench and stayed there most of the night.  Ferguson did a great job of getting Modica the ball when he was open, and coming off screens. 

Ferguson played a good game. On defense.

DJ did not stay on the bench most of the night. Played 22 minutes, which is more than half of 40. DJ shot 1-2, 2 RBs, 4 assists vs 0 TOs in 22 minutes. Compared to our other PG Freguson's 1-5 shooting, 3 RBs, and 4 assists vs 5 TOs in 32 minutes. Which explains why, as usual, we really don't need Eric as our PG. It was a typical poor shooting & poor asst/to game by Eric. He is our worst shooting guard, worst FT shooting guard, worst asst/to guard except Pookie. He has probably the worst asst/to ratio of any Hawg "PG" ever. A good RBing guard, but not as good as Dontell.

Still, due to his D & dribbling vs the press, I thought he had a decent game.

Foshodo

as long as he doesnt try to force this into carrying over vs. LSU... I'll be happy.

Ugly Uncle

February 04, 2006, 11:41:27 pm #35 Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 11:43:19 pm by uglyuncle
Quote from: silvertip on February 04, 2006, 09:39:13 pm

DJ did not stay on the bench most of the night. Played 22 minutes, which is more than half of 40. DJ shot 1-2, 2 RBs, 4 assists vs 0 TOs in 22 minutes. Compared to our other PG Freguson's 1-5 shooting, 3 RBs, and 4 assists vs 5 TOs in 32 minutes. Which explains why, as usual, we really don't need Eric as our PG. It was a typical poor shooting & poor asst/to game by Eric. He is our worst shooting guard, worst FT shooting guard, worst asst/to guard except Pookie. He has probably the worst asst/to ratio of any Hawg "PG" ever. A good RBing guard, but not as good as Dontell.

See, this is where the stats don't tell the whole story.

DJ had one pass that hit the defensive man right in the hands and he dropped it and it bounced off a couple of players before Arkansas was able to gain control.  He had another one that was thrown behind Modica (I believe it was Mod) that Modica was able to get his hands on, but not control and it was stolen.  At the very least he had two more passes that were deflected out of bounds by SC.  He did have a beautiful dunk on a Brewer pass...which seems to be the only way he can score these days.
Retired Radio Host

silvertip

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 04, 2006, 11:41:27 pm
Quote from: silvertip on February 04, 2006, 09:39:13 pm

See, this is where the stats don't tell the whole story.

DJ had one pass that hit the defensive man right in the hands and he dropped it and it bounced off a couple of players before Arkansas was able to gain control.  He had another one that was thrown behind Modica (I believe it was Mod) that Modica was able to get his hands on, but not control and it was stolen.  At the very least he had two more passes that were deflected out of bounds by SC.  He did have a beautiful dunk on a Brewer pass...which seems to be the only way he can score these days.

You can argue with the stat man all you want about any particular game. But stats accumulated over a season Or a career are accurate as to how a player performs.

Assists-to-TOs this SEC season so far---Modica 8/11, Ferguson 16/17, Jefferson 42/17. For the entire season---Modica 32/48, Ferguson 44/38, Jefferson 119/51.

I really don't think all the stat crews are in a conspiracy to make DJ look good. Over time, these things even out.

SPAL

Stats are NOT the entire story, only part of it. When do these players commit To's...do they have jitters to start a game and nerves cause em to have a few to start a game, or do they turn the ball over during adversity, when facing pressure, up against a zone, goin against man to man, in crucial parts of games...show me the STATS to back that up tipper. Agsint UK, Jefferson had 5 To's and brewer had 6, but modica only had 1. When did DJ turn it over, during the UK run, against pressure and adversity, brewer was the same way. Brewer was tryin to do too much to carry the team, while DJ was just makin stupid plays....sing the praises of stats all you want, but dont forget to look inside the stats