Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe Johnson game winning shot against the Magic.

Started by hogfancb, February 04, 2006, 08:06:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

silvertip

Thanks for the link. That shot was so sweet---barely even touched the net.

darth_hog

joe imo is the best basketball player to come out of arkansas but i will admit i havent been around that long

aristotle

leavenworth1

I wish he would have stuck around for another year or so. At Arkansas, he never had the supporting cast that's required to really dominate.  He's silky smooth.

aristotle

Very impressive also is the 11 assists to zero turnovers he had in this game.

CiriusPorker

Nice to see an arkansas homeboy doing well in the league.

Tater Salad

Was he highly recruited coming out of high school?

Hogs4Ever

Arkiejared

I thought he was playing the 1...looked like he was the sg in alot of the shots.  he seems to have a little more leadership and fire than he used to.  that's a plus.

Ark Blitz

Quote from: Tater Salad on February 04, 2006, 01:39:23 pm
Was he highly recruited coming out of high school?

Yes.  That Little Rock Central team went undeafeted and they were ranked top 25 that year

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

ENHOG

\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

LordStanleysHog

Joe was a top 10 recruit that year if I remember correctly.  He's been playing the 2 spot on and off, depending who's in the game.  Tyrone Lue plays the point, but if they bring in Saleem Stoudamire then Joe will play the point.  But that is what is great about Joe's game, he can play the point, flourish at the 2 and also play the three like in Phoenix.  Add a true point in ATL and he'd be an All-Star at the 2.  Very versitile player, it's a shame they didn't draft Paul.

12under

joe was awesome in high school and college.  could've scored about as many as he wanted.  that being said, wish he would've stayed in phoenix and tried to win a title instead of the ATL where you cant beat anyone.  the money phoenix offered was the same but joe wanted to be the "man"

LordStanleysHog

There's nothing wrong with wanting to make your own place in the league, and being closer to home doing it.

12under

Quote from: LordStanleysHog on February 06, 2006, 11:40:22 am
There's nothing wrong with wanting to make your own place in the league, and being closer to home doing it.
he had a great place in the league. a great team, coach, and role on a team which has a great system and a chance to win it all in the best city in america.  as far as being close to home, he could buy an airplane and be home in two hours from anywhere.