Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any outboard boat mechanics in here!

Started by mountainhog, June 08, 2016, 09:38:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainhog

Got a 90 model 15 hp merc.  My question is if the thermostat is bad will that keep water from coming out the P hole?

Harley_Hawg

If it it stuck closed it can. You can take it out and see if it will pee. Also on smaller outboards  insects or dirt dobbers can get in the p tube and clog it up. Im willing to bet you need a water pump I replace mine every 2 years.

PonderinHog

I don't know, but a bad water pump sure will.

mountainhog

Well I replaced the water pump but nothing coming out p hole.  The water pump that was in it was good also.

mountainhog

I think ill try an take thermostat out and see if that works.
Someone told me that the thermostat would not stop that flow if it was bad, but I may have got some bad info there.

PonderinHog

Have you checked to see if your intake and exhaust ports and lines are clogged?

mountainhog

Yes I checked every port,  turns out the P hole was stopped up but really high up in the hose.  thanks for the input though!

lahawg1

Dirt dauber in the tattle tail pipe as previously said is the most likely culprit

theFlyingHog

Got a '86 25 johnson, we keep a length of wire to poke out that P tube, do it at least once a weekend. We run shallow enough to bend the prop in duck season and suck up all kinds of stuff. If it gets real bad we pull the cowl and take the p hose off and do some extra poking and blowing

LSUFan

I met a girl back in 91.

After visiting with her in a waffle house bathroom, my p hole slammed shut until the doctor gave me a shot.

Hope that helps you out.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: LSUFan on June 15, 2016, 03:19:32 pm
I met a girl back in 91.

After visiting with her in a waffle house bathroom, my p hole slammed shut until the doctor gave me a shot.

Hope that helps you out.
Pascagoula, over by the Walmart, right? Susan?  ;) :puke:

LSUFan

I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

mountainhog

Quote from: LSUFan on June 15, 2016, 03:19:32 pm
I met a girl back in 91.

Hope that helps you out.

Yes, it sure does.  Dont visit the waffle house bathroom with a girl named Susan!  :)