Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sports Authority might be closing for good.

Started by DeltaBoy, May 02, 2016, 10:55:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

http://fortune.com/2016/05/02/sports-authority-liquidation/

t's almost certainly the end of The Sports Authority's road.

In March, the debt-laden retailer filed for Chapter 11 protection in federal bankruptcy court in Delaware, saying that it would close about 140 of its 463 stores.

But last week, The Sports Authority gave up hope it could re-organize under bankruptcy protection, opting instead to auction itself off for whatever it can get.

Will this help consumers or hurt us in getting the best bang for our buck.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on May 04, 2016, 12:26:20 am
Who cares. Sports Authority is trash.

Bought some new sneakers there at the closing sale in Memphis this past weekend..........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 04, 2016, 12:38:18 pm
Bought some new sneakers there at the closing sale in Memphis this past weekend..........................

Hopefully they weren't Nike's, we'd hate to see you in a boot come fall......

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on May 04, 2016, 01:16:00 pm
Hopefully they weren't Nike's, we'd hate to see you in a boot come fall......

Nope. Funny you should mention that though since I can't wear Nike's due to my feet not fitting them properly. It is amazing how much difference the proper fitting shoe can make. I actually feel sorry for those players that are not allowed to wear something else besides what fits them the best. It's ridiculous they can't!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DeltaBoy

Stores are having closing sales May 27 till Aug

Inhogswetrust

Interestingly they built a brand new Academy Sports right around the corner of the Sports Authority in Memphis.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 26, 2016, 02:45:24 pm
Interestingly they built a brand new Academy Sports right around the corner of the Sports Authority in Memphis.

We had one in Rogers for a short while...and Academy built a store within sight the Sports Authority.  Closed shortly afterward.  The deals weren't that great back then.  They shipped all the good stuff to other stores.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

DeltaBoy

Academy is like a tank they steam roll thier compation

95_alum

June 28, 2016, 10:45:01 am #11 Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:02:30 pm by 95_alum
A lot of customers not happy with their new policy Delta. They are spineless appeasers. They should box up all their baseball bats & swimming pool accessories while they're at it.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/13419160_10156950810260307_7604571926996376379_n.jpg

DeltaBoy

They were trying to play nice but I agree it was a bad move to me. But mine got a killer knife section. Long live Academy.