Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shotguns

Started by pick_DA_EAGLES, December 30, 2015, 11:07:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Quote from: IronHog on January 16, 2016, 07:07:11 pm

Don't have a dog right now.

Nothing more tiring than chasing Cripples around a field.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

IronHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 18, 2016, 01:40:09 pm
Nothing more tiring than chasing Cripples around a field.

They say cross country skiing is best workout but it's going hard  in waders
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: IronHog on January 18, 2016, 02:26:58 pm

My legs are hurting just reading about this.  It was fun when your a teen or young adult but at 50 I want a dog to do the work.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

root_hawg

I have put probably a case of shells a year thru my Versa max, never a problem

theFlyingHog

Quote from: IronHog on January 18, 2016, 02:26:58 pm
My brother winged a specklebelly on Saturday. Bastard made it 3 levees before I caught him. May have never caught him if he hadn't decided to hunker down against a levee

DeltaBoy

Quote from: theFlyingHog on February 01, 2016, 09:10:10 am
My brother winged a specklebelly on Saturday. Bastard made it 3 levees before I caught him. May have never caught him if he hadn't decided to hunker down against a levee

LOL that makes me tired and it is still funny thinking about you chasing that cripple.

IronHog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on February 01, 2016, 09:10:10 am

They can go and go.

One time Took me 10 minutes to get one.....on the 4 wheeler 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: IronHog on February 01, 2016, 09:22:21 pm

They can go and go.

One time Took me 10 minutes to get one.....on the 4 wheeler 

Yes we had to chase some back in the day on the Honda 110 3 wheeler  I drove and my friend Jeff shot them.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 01, 2016, 10:59:20 am
LOL that makes me tired and it is still funny thinking about you chasing that cripple.
That was the second weekend in a row I ran across a rice field for a speck my brother shot. I'm buying him some hip boots so he can chase his own dang geese

DeltaBoy

Quote from: theFlyingHog on February 05, 2016, 10:34:38 am
That was the second weekend in a row I ran across a rice field for a speck my brother shot. I'm buying him some hip boots so he can chase his own dang geese

I would too cause it just too tiring when it not Your duck.

supersaint

This is your only option

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3w9nDjvzwQg"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

pick_DA_EAGLES

Well, I went with the winchester SX3 26" barrel mossy oak bottomland.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 10, 2016, 03:14:16 pm
Well, I went with the winchester SX3 26" barrel mossy oak bottomland.
Looks like a nice shotgun.

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 11, 2016, 09:30:56 am
Looks like a nice shotgun.

It feels nice. The gun Smith at M.P.W. put the correct shims in the stock for a excellent fit. I've never had that done with any gun I've bought before. I'm not sure how much, put from what I understand it's designed/made by browning.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 11, 2016, 12:20:46 pm
It feels nice. The gun Smith at M.P.W. put the correct shims in the stock for a excellent fit. I've never had that done with any gun I've bought before. I'm not sure how much, put from what I understand it's designed/made by browning.

Yep Browning doing several things under the Winchester name .

IronHog

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 11, 2016, 12:20:46 pm

Browning gold technology with super x styling

They sell a ton of em

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: IronHog on February 11, 2016, 05:56:24 pm

Browning gold technology with super x styling

They sell a ton of em

After rebate, it was  $950+tax. Can't beat it.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 11, 2016, 10:23:40 pm
After rebate, it was  $950+tax. Can't beat it.

Good Deal.

supersaint

pick_DA_EAGLES

DeltaBoy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 20, 2016, 05:06:02 pm
Nice .410

That would make a nice rice field gun.   I hate water moccasins with a passion.

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 21, 2016, 11:20:07 am
That would make a nice rice field gun.   I hate water moccasins with a passion.

I know someone who owns one of those A.K. 410's  and it is a great snake gun.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 21, 2016, 11:24:01 am
I know someone who owns one of those A.K. 410's  and it is a great snake gun.

I grew up with a sawed off H&R Topper in 12 gauge working my Great uncles Rice fields.  #8 high brass up close really chewed them up.

supersaint

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: theFlyingHog on February 05, 2016, 10:34:38 am
Lol, why haven't you cooked those suckers yet?
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

tophawg19

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 21, 2016, 11:28:56 am
I grew up with a sawed off H&R Topper in 12 gauge working my Great uncles Rice fields.  #8 high brass up close really chewed them up.
i always carry a .38 with rat shot . Although the rat shot has become hard to get anymore
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

pick_DA_EAGLES

supersaint

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 22, 2016, 12:20:37 am
My bad,
I'm glad you posted again. Another chance to view dat avatar!

theFlyingHog

Quote from: golf2day on March 21, 2016, 09:22:22 pm
Lol, why haven't you cooked those suckers yet?
This dang global warming/climate change/acid rain/el niño got it too cold for me to grill

DeltaBoy

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 21, 2016, 09:26:03 pm
i always carry a .38 with rat shot . Although the rat shot has become hard to get anymore

No Doubt rat shot is hard to find anymore.  We had big WM's in our rice fields so I loved my Topper in 12 gauge.

Inhogswetrust

I'll stick with my old Ithaca Featherweight 12 Ga. pump.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

rcopela

I won a Stoeger 12 Ga. over/under double barrel last week in golf tourney, haven't shot yet but descent looking gun..

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: rcopela on May 05, 2016, 08:36:24 am
I won a Stoeger 12 Ga. over/under double barrel last week in golf tourney, haven't shot yet but descent looking gun..

The only thing better than buying a new gun,  is getting a new free gun. Lol

LSUFan

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 30, 2015, 11:07:16 pm
I'm thinking about getting a new duck gun. I like the look and feel of the remington versa max waterfowl pro,  but I've heard lots of bad things about the versa max and very little good.  It kinda has me "gun shy" to actually buy it. A friend of mine works in the gun department at Macks and he recommended the winchester sx3, so that is my other choice. Anyone have dealing with either of these guns?
I'd like to deal with those guns in your avatar.  ;D
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: LSUFan on May 07, 2016, 10:41:28 am
I'd like to deal with those guns in your avatar.  ;D

I know you are right.  ;D

DeltaBoy

My 1982 era 870 is still blasting what ever I need to shoot.  That Wingmaster is built like a tank.

LSUFan

My dad gave my oldest a Browning Lighting last weekend for college graduation. It was a fine piece.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: LSUFan on May 23, 2016, 08:33:37 pm
My dad gave my oldest a Browning Lighting last weekend for college graduation. It was a fine piece.

Great gift for sure.

HogimusMaximus

Have a Browning BPS and it has never let me down.

HogimusMaximus