Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

They are chasing....

Started by ifghog, October 17, 2014, 09:22:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ifghog

I have witnessed 3 different bucks chasing does this week. I would spend a lot of time on the woods this coming week guys.

twistitup

Quote from: ifghog on October 17, 2014, 09:22:22 am
I have witnessed 3 different bucks chasing does this week. I would spend a lot of time on the woods this coming week guys.

What part of Ark are you in? I was looking for scrapes / rubs yesterday w/o much luck in NW part of state. It's going to happen very soon...
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Wayne Watson

Quote from: twistitup on October 17, 2014, 09:45:54 am
What part of Ark are you in? I was looking for scrapes / rubs yesterday w/o much luck in NW part of state. It's going to happen very soon...

Saw a 4 point (possible 6) last Friday morning just south of Fayetteville and he was still in full velvet.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

ifghog

I am in the Hot Springs area. Its not just little ones either. I had a 10 pt...big 10 pt....stand in a field on the side of a super busy rd by my house Wed. morn. He stayed in that field for 5 mins till I ran him off. He was with a doe and he would not leave her.

ifghog

Quote from: twistitup on October 17, 2014, 09:45:54 am
I have found a ton of rubd and scrapes..just thought it was the pre rut stuff but...I am just telling ya.... They are on the move.

grayhawg

I'm in Crawford County and seeing a few rubs, but only a couple of scrapes so far.

twistitup

Can't wait till that action moves up this way....in the next week or so I'm guessing

awhogfan

I hunted in Zone 1, this past Wednesday,  and saw 6 doe with not one buck.  I think we are about 1  week out here in NWA.  Which is good because I have a 3 night stay at camp planned at that time!

Cubbie08

Just saw a 4 point and a doe together. He did not seem that interested. Went their separate ways when the coyote came out. Ha. Zone 1

ifghog

Interesting. It usually hits up there first. Not saying its full blown but its starting. I have a 2.5 yr old 8pt bugging a poor doe to death right now in this field I am watching.

pigture perfect

Get those grunt calls out and tuned. Try rattling as well. You may find that the big guys are more active at night, but will challenge during daylight.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Carl Lazlo

I'm "high" high in a tree right now and it's awesome.

BirdDawg

Had a little 6 pt chasing a doe this morning. I decided to let him walk and get another few years....assuming my SOB neighbor doesn't poavh him before then.

Cubbie08

I let a small 8 point go last year. I'm sure the methhead neighbors around here took him out first chance they got. They also stole my deer stand.

bamahogfan

Quote from: Cubbie08 on October 20, 2014, 07:20:28 am
I let a small 8 point go last year. I'm sure the methhead neighbors around here took him out first chance they got. They also stole my deer stand.

Let me guess... You hunt in Madison County!

CPO Hog

Had a mature 7pt chasing doe's around Monday morning in Nevada County. I think the bucks are ready but the does didn't seem that interested.

Cubbie08

Quote from: bamahogfan on October 22, 2014, 10:04:01 am
Let me guess... You hunt in Madison County!

Round Mt. outside of Elkins.

Rhog

That's where my land is. Always chasing poachers off it.
About to sell the 140 acres tired of dealing with it.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: Rhog on October 24, 2014, 04:34:54 pm
That's where my land is. Always chasing poachers off it.
About to sell the 140 acres tired of dealing with it.

Ill give you $10k for it, sight unseen.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Wayne Watson on October 17, 2014, 09:59:46 am
Saw a 4 point (possible 6) last Friday morning just south of Fayetteville and he was still in full velvet.

It's possible that was an antlered doe.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

HogCard

I live in the Prairie Creek area east of Rogers and if any of you play golf, you know they are everywhere out here on the golf course.  Just this week I have seen 2 giant 8 points. They are indeed starting to chase. 

ifghog

Ok boys got an update.....I have a 160 class 10 pt...maybe more....(I know this because I got his sheds last year and he scored 148) he is way bigger this year. Anyway saw him this morning chasing a doe.....I almost got him!!! With my truck:(((

twistitup

I've seen much more action the last 2 days....over 50% of the deer I've seen have been bucks- most 6-8 or range, haven't seen anything huge yet....

grayhawg

I have been hooked up solid so far this week, but I am going tomorrow.

4Lions04

I saw two nice bucks this morning following, what I think was a doe. I never saw it clearly, but got a good long look at the bucks. Both were nice 8s.  This was in NWA near Gravette.

WADHOG

Quote from: 4Lions04 on October 29, 2014, 07:34:32 pm
I saw two nice bucks this morning following, what I think was a doe. I never saw it clearly, but got a good long look at the bucks. Both were nice 8s.  This was in NWA near Gravette.
were the bucks together?  If so, and they were both nice, they weren't chasing more than likely.  They'll chase a hot doe in march if it were to happen.  Small bucks rub and scrape first but the big boys lockdown first.  I think it's still early in zone 3. Jmo

4Lions04

Quote from: WADHOG on October 30, 2014, 08:16:00 pm
were the bucks together?  If so, and they were both nice, they weren't chasing more than likely.  They'll chase a hot doe in march if it were to happen.  Small bucks rub and scrape first but the big boys lockdown first.  I think it's still early in zone 3. Jmo

They were 50-70 yards away from each other. I saw one buck first, and the other stepped out of the woods a few minutes later.  They were never close to each other. The first buck followed the other deer and I'm not sure what happened to the second buck.

WADHOG

Quote from: 4Lions04 on October 30, 2014, 08:43:15 pm
They were 50-70 yards away from each other. I saw one buck first, and the other stepped out of the woods a few minutes later.  They were never close to each other. The first buck followed the other deer and I'm not sure what happened to the second buck.
Sounds like you've got an early doe and that's all it takes.  Two mature bucks in the same area sounds like you've got a good ratio and an even better stand site!  Good luck.

grayhawg

Quote from: WADHOG on October 30, 2014, 08:48:00 pm
Sounds like you've got an early doe and that's all it takes.  Two mature bucks in the same area sounds like you've got a good ratio and an even better stand site!  Good luck.
They have been chasing for a little over a week here in Crawford county.

WADHOG

Quote from: grayhawg on October 30, 2014, 08:58:17 pm
They have been chasing for a little over a week here in Crawford county.
Maybe that will spread east soon, I'm ready.

Virgil

They where going nuts in Clarksville this weekend (Nov 1 and 2).  I finally got one of the many 8 points I seen to stop long enough so I could shoot it.....and success!!
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

root_hawg

They are running hard up HS way.   Just starting a little bit down south around Monticello.  Let that 28 degree temp hit next week and it should help ramp it up.  Pack a lunch and stay all day