Full on chasing happening...

Started by hawgon, October 27, 2017, 09:35:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

BassinHawg

"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

hawgon

BassinHawg

The Peak Hunting Times for Saturday and Sunday are early morning from 7 - 9 give or take a bit from your area.

That, along with your info and this cold front should make it easier to stay in the stand all morning.

Miller County here. Nothing as of yesterday.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

kodiakisland

I saw some yesterday in Wasington County. Doe wasn't having any of it yet, but she had to be close the way the bucks are acting.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

hawgon

I watched a little buck chase a doe and a yearling around for ten minutes this morning.  Poor little yearling looked bewildered.  It had no idea what was going on.

Pigasaurus

Quote from: hawgon on October 27, 2017, 02:54:55 pm
I watched a little buck chase a doe and a yearling around for ten minutes this morning.  Poor little yearling looked bewildered.  It had no idea what was going on.

Great grandparents lived between Dierks and Lockesburg. Back in 70's you could go all day without seeing a deer. Glad deer population has came back. My great uncle died still pissed that Dierks Lake release water kept Saline river muddied. It was a beautiful river.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

hawgon

Quote from: pigasaurus on October 28, 2017, 04:20:41 pm
Great grandparents lived between Dierks and Lockesburg. Back in 70's you could go all day without seeing a deer. Glad deer population has came back. My great uncle died still pissed that Dierks Lake release water kept Saline river muddied. It was a beautiful river.

Their last name?

Pigasaurus

Pigasaurus

Whole side of family buried in Green Chapel.

woodrow hog call

Saw a nice buck come by me, and a couple doe 10 minutes later, like they were trailing him. Sadie Hawkins day or something ?
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

cal34

Was out taking pictures of deer over the weekend.  I've never seen so many bucks running around.  Its usually around November 10th when they all appear.
They are chasing a little earlier this year,  didn't see any Doe's in heat though.

CPO Hog

Nevada county - put my camera out on corn feeder in mid Sept. Didn't have a buck pic until Oct 28. Now there are two 8's, two 4's and a spike that have been regulars since.