Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thanks to Folks in This Forum - Trout Fishing

Started by Oklahawg, November 06, 2017, 10:44:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

I want to give a shout out to the posters from this forum.

Last fall I was looking to take my ailing Dad out for some guided trout fishing. We headed to Cotter and the Cotter Trout Dock. Debbie and family are amazing and he spent the next year talking about it non-stop.

His health is no better, probably a bit worse, so I felt I needed to get him back on the water. I am at the point where EVERY time together is sacred, because you just don't know. We fished twice this trip and it was every bit as enjoyable as the last time. Now that we are getting our bearings around the area the second trip even better.

It is a different feel than "the big city." Restaurants closing at six or seven, gas stations shutting down at 8. Everyone up at sunup to hit the river.

I made great memories and hope to take him back this spring, if my son's baseball and basketball schedule allows.

I was provided a ton of great suggestions on what to do, where to go, and who to get as a guide. I'm sure other choices would be great also but we are so happy with these folks I can't fathom trying anyone else.

Last year we fished the week of the election. Hitting the water 36 hours after the polls closed - tonic for the soul. On the water, your party and your president don't matter nearly as much as the type of bait you are using and whether the cheese and crackers will hold out until you hit the shore for lunch.

This year it hit amidst a bad year for my beloved hogs and a host of medical issues for both parents.

Fellers, make memories because loved ones won't always be there. And, share you stories with those who might listen (like here) - more of us need to do these small things while we can.

I'll get off of my soap box.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Boarslab

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 06, 2017, 10:44:20 pm

Last fall I was looking to take my ailing Dad out for some guided trout fishing. We headed to Cotter and the Cotter Trout Dock. Debbie and family are amazing and he spent the next year talking about it non-stop.

His health is no better, probably a bit worse, so I felt I needed to get him back on the water. I am at the point where EVERY time together is sacred, because you just don't know. We fished twice this trip and it was every bit as enjoyable as the last time. Now that we are getting our bearings around the area the second trip even better.

It is a different feel than "the big city." Restaurants closing at six or seven, gas stations shutting down at 8. Everyone up at sunup to hit the river.

I made great memories and hope to take him back this spring, if my son's baseball and basketball schedule allows.

I was provided a ton of great suggestions on what to do, where to go, and who to get as a guide. I'm sure other choices would be great also but we are so happy with these folks I can't fathom trying anyone else.

Last year we fished the week of the election. Hitting the water 36 hours after the polls closed - tonic for the soul. On the water, your party and your president don't matter nearly as much as the type of bait you are using and whether the cheese and crackers will hold out until you hit the shore for lunch.

This year it hit amidst a bad year for my beloved hogs and a host of medical issues for both parents.

Fellers, make memories because loved ones won't always be there. And, share you stories with those who might listen (like here) - more of us need to do these small things while we can.

Oklahawg, glad you could visit our part of the world.  It is a special place and I feel very lucky to live in this area and have the awesome opportunity to enjoy the Natural States great rivers and lakes.  Please come back and bring friends.  I've got several friends that make a living from these waters.  Tourism is what drives their business too.  You are absolutely correct about leaving any political, religious, racial, or socioeconomic status's on the shelf.  In the end, it doesn't even matter.  We have some of the most professional outfitters and guides on the planet in the Cotter, Flippin, Mtn. Home, Norfork areas--these guys and gals know what they are doing and strive to give customers their money's worth and more.  Thank you and your family for coming and please do come back, we'd love to have you.

Thanks for getting up on your soap box by the way.

95_alum

grayhawg

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 06, 2017, 10:44:20 pm

I lost my dad 20 years ago and believe me, you will always remember these  fishing trips and good times with him the rest of your life.

DeltaBoy

Enjoy your time with your Parents they will be gone before you know it
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.