Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

anyone been to Kiev?

Started by intoxhog, January 26, 2015, 09:48:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

intoxhog

Think im going there this summer for a little R and R. any advise?
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

ricepig

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Try the chicken.   ;D

In all seriousness, their onion dome architecture of their churches is quite beautiful.  Not up on all that the city has to offer, but it does have a long and distinguished history in regards to the Mongols and early Slavic cultures.

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

intoxhog

Quote from: PEtrader on February 11, 2015, 08:34:01 pm
Don't get shot
Kiev isn't were all the action is at currently. However, if things escalate I might rethink my vacation spot. Plans are to go there in August.

The night life looks crazy though, hope the place isn't on fire by then. And currently the currency is so devalued i can really make my dollar go far.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

PEtrader

Quote from: intoxhog on February 11, 2015, 09:06:19 pm
Kiev isn't were all the action is at currently. However, if things escalate I might rethink my vacation spot. Plans are to go there in August.

The night life looks crazy though, hope the place isn't on fire by then. And currently the currency is so devalued i can really make my dollar go far.

Meh,  go to Czech Republic.   I don't think is worth th chance.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

go hogues

Kiev is a very interesting city. I was just there in October for work.

Supposedly, Ukraine is as poor as Haiti, though you can't really tell in Kiev. It's a huge city and has a very cosmopolitan feel.

We went to some really good, hip restaurants and had interesting foods. The airport is new and modern and I did not feel the least bit unsafe at any point while there. People were helpful, despite the language barrier.

Goodonya for taking your r&r on a road less traveled!

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />