Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scott Maxfield to UAPB Premature Per Football Scoop

Started by Seminole Indian, December 13, 2017, 10:23:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

December 13, 2017, 10:23:53 am Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 10:36:29 am by Seminole Indian
Update by Coaching Scoop

Arkansas Pine-Bluff (FCS): The three finalists for the head coaching job are Grambling State offensive coordinator / wide receivers coach Eric Dooley, Henderson State (D-II – AR) head coach Scott Maxfield, and Alcorn State defensive coordinator Cedric Thomas. Earlier today we made a mistake in reporting that Maxfield had been named head coach, but UAPB plans to name their head coach by next Friday. We'll keep you updated.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

Per Football Scoop

Henderson State (D-II – AR): Henderson State has announced a 5-year contract extension for head coach Scott Maxfield. Maxfield has compiled a 94-48 mark in 13 seasons leading the Reddies. "I want to thank the Henderson State Board of Trustees, President Glen Jones and Director of Athletics Shawn Jones for having the confidence in me to continue leading the football program at Henderson State," said Maxfield. "We will continue to strive to be the best program in the Great American Conference with the ultimate goal of winning the first national championship in school history."

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

GolfNut57

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 15, 2017, 09:28:17 am
Per Football Scoop

Henderson State (D-II – AR): Henderson State has announced a 5-year contract extension for head coach Scott Maxfield. Maxfield has compiled a 94-48 mark in 13 seasons leading the Reddies. "I want to thank the Henderson State Board of Trustees, President Glen Jones and Director of Athletics Shawn Jones for having the confidence in me to continue leading the football program at Henderson State," said Maxfield. "We will continue to strive to be the best program in the Great American Conference with the ultimate goal of winning the first national championship in school history."

The man is obviously ready to take the next step up in coaching level to FCS. This tells me he really didn't want the job at UAPB. He just used it to generate a bigger contract with the Reddies. Had it been UCA that came calling to fill their recent vacancy you can bet Maxfield would have jumped on it like a starving dog on a steak.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.