Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need some help pricing out some guns.

Started by 1highhog, March 04, 2009, 07:38:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

What would a Winchester model 96 expert over and under 12 gauge be worth?  Also, what would a smith & wesson M&PC 9mm with 4 mags be worth.  I don't understand the 4 mag part, help me out.

kodiakisland

Pricing guns can be pretty tricky.  Used guns really are only worth as much as someone is willing to pay.  Sometimes that is not as much as the gun is worth.

Gunbroker.com will give you an idea of what people are trying to sell them for.  Doesn't mean thats what they are getting though.  Look on there and try to find ones as close to the condition of yours and see what people are bidding.  It will give you a rough estimate of what they are worth.  Some guns sell on there for below market value, and others well above.

The four magazines wouldn't increase the value of the gun that much because S&W often gave out coupons for 2 free magazines when you bought the gun plus the 2 it came with.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

1highhog

thanks for the info., I'll go and take a look.

deshahawg

I think since the election all guns are hard to price. You never know how much someone will pay now. Gunbroker is a great place though. Try gunsinternational.com also.

pioneerhog

Whatever you do DO NOT list them for sale on this website. I am sure you know that but I just thought I would throw that in there.

1highhog

yes I know, but it's always best to mention, and thanks for the help guys.