Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Real Estate

Started by MJ2, July 09, 2008, 03:40:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MJ2

I can't help but think that now is the time to buy undeveloped real estate.  Thoughts?

The Marmot

July 09, 2008, 03:42:06 pm #1 Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 05:05:14 pm by The Marmot
Pay cash.....
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

ConwayHog

Agree with marmot.  If you can cash flow it, hop on it.  It ought to be on sale in most places.

The Marmot

Quote from: The Marmot on July 09, 2008, 03:42:06 pm
Pay cash.....

To elaborate.... if you find some land that you feel has potential or cash flow well (thanks Pel) and can get at a good price , go for it. Land is still the best long term investment there is IMO. However, my original quote harkens to the fact that you'll be hard pressed to get any institutional assistance with the financing, unless you put a SUBSTANTIAL chunk down..... and even then it might more of a headache than its worth to deal with them. In which case you might as well just buy it outright.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!