Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mizzou Football Recruiting

Started by jbcarol, February 05, 2016, 06:33:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

LB Jason King commits to Missouri:

'They can compete and win a national title'

by: Chad Simmons

QuoteIt came down to Missouri and Kansas State for Saint Louis (Mo.) DeSmet three-star linebacker Jason King. Yet the Tigers were "always" his top program.

After speaking with his family and coaches late last week, King followed up on that feeling and decided to commit to Missouri. He officially announced his decision on Saturday.

"They were expressing to me the importance of being able to build something at home," King told On3.

The chance to play for Missouri 'means everything' to King

Tigers rise in Team Recruiting Rankings after latest commitment
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

@Blue-Chip

Quote from: mizzouman on April 27, 2024, 04:43:11 pmNice get.  High football IQ
What makes this 100th LB, 1077 Natl, 3 star a nice get?
I'm just trying to get you and Groves standard figured out.

mizzouman

Quote from: Blue-Chip on April 27, 2024, 06:41:16 pmWhat makes this 100th LB, 1077 Natl, 3 star a nice get?
Good size, fast and plays violently.  Reminds me of Nick Bolton

@Blue-Chip

April 27, 2024, 09:51:41 pm #504 Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 06:40:55 am by Blue-Chip
Quote from: mizzouman on April 27, 2024, 07:59:52 pmGood size, fast and plays violently.  Reminds me of Nick Bolton
So like Nice, Good, Great is the different levels of "get"?
LOL I'm just messing, with ya, cause y'all have said that on every commit.
Mizzou putting pieces together now!

mizzouman

Quote from: Blue-Chip on April 27, 2024, 09:51:41 pmSo like Nice, Good, Great is the different levels of "get"?
LOL I'm just messing cause y'all have said that on every commit.
Mizzou putting pieces together now!
No problem.  I 'get' it.

TheGrove68

April 29, 2024, 12:13:07 am #506 Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 12:27:50 am by TheGrove68
Quote from: Blue-Chip on April 27, 2024, 06:41:16 pmWhat makes this 100th LB, 1077 Natl, 3 star a nice get?

Same as landing a Player like Chuck Hicks or a Schrader as a transfer who both where starter this year for us. King has nice measurables and is aggressive. Is he a instant plug and play difference maker 4/5***? Nope, but after a RS and development with some Special teams play in year two he could be a high Caliber SEC LB for us his Junior/SR year. Plus he is a Local kid who can help recruit players as well.

He is a classic Mizzou Mid=tier type of guy that we have to have because we are not gonna load up on top flight talent 2 and 3 deep.

So I'm happy when our staff identifies and evaluates these players and we get them. Gary Pinkel and Drink have done a good job of finding these type of guys in some ways they are the back bone of our program. Look at the 6 players drafted this year for us.... and see how many service had them rated as 3 star guys. Robinson/Draine/Carlies etc. so yep happy with this get.

But I understand he is not a WOW elite prospect.

The Grove...  Home of Don Faurot

@Blue-Chip

Quote from: TheGrove68 on April 29, 2024, 12:13:07 amBut I understand he is not a WOW elite prospect.
Totally agree with everything in your letter, which say's every commit Drink & Pinkel bring in is a nice get.  And I am a huge fan of Cody Schrader, more so, now that he went undrafted. I enjoy football and the watching players develop which is why I'm not so "one team" oriented. Just wanted to know what got this commit the "nice get" stamp. 

@Blue-Chip

jbcarol

Missouri continues big April, jumps Team Ranks

by: Hunter Shelton

QuoteDrink and Missouri entered April with no commitments in the 2025 cycle. The Tigers are now set to leave the month with seven.

Hermann (Mo.) High four-star EDGE Daeden Hopkins became the latest to join the fold in Columbia by pledging on Tuesday. The addition of the blue-chipper bumped Mizzou's class up to No. 19 in the nation

The class also ranks No. 10 in the SEC and is ahead of the likes of Florida, South Carolina and Kentucky.

Tigers building big class around elite QB pledge

Hopkins is now the fourth @Blue-Chip to join the class.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

TheGrove68

Hope it keeps on coming so far it's been a good off season for  us tiger fans.

mizzouman

Could be a couple more coming in today.

mizzouman

Quote from: mizzouman on May 01, 2024, 07:34:13 amCould be a couple more coming in today.
Interesting one in about an hour.  This kid enrolled early, January, then entered the portal after the coach left.  4 star kid.

@Blue-Chip

mizzouman

@Blue-Chip

May 01, 2024, 07:26:10 pm #515 Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 07:56:38 am by @Blue-Chip
It looks to me like we might be experiencing "good times" in Mizzou Football.
Better dampen it down though, Arkansas might realize y'all are on the schedule.

mizzouman

Quote from: @Blue-Chip on May 01, 2024, 07:26:10 pmIt looks to me like we might be experience "good times" in Mizzou Football.
Better dampen it down though, Arkansas might realize y'all are on the schedule. 
Recruiting is looking very good.  But, I'm from the Show Me State.  These dudes need to prove it on the field.  As of today, I have NO idea how these guys will play or how they'll gel together. 

TheGrove68

Quote from: mizzouman on May 01, 2024, 05:46:29 pmWhat level?  Nice, good or great?

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocisous level I think  ;)

TheGrove68

The DE from Georgia tech helps as well....Eddie Kelly

I agree with Mizzouman on the Surface all things appear to be going well for Mizzou nice Recruits and nice Transfer Portal guys have been landed... we return a lot of Offensive production almost all of it. We added a couple of OL to plug the holes of the two guys we lost. But on Defense we lost several dudes and we could struggle and lose close games no doubt this coming year. Plus we are breaking in a New DC and DE coach.  But the players gotta perform and win to be legit, so all this pre-season stuff is nice but the proof is in the pudding.

As I posted before going to the playoffs and winning 10+ games is a huge stretch for us in 2024 a 7-9 win season is more on par with my thinking if I look at it without my Mizzou B&G glasses on. So until the team actually win's games I'm always gonna be reserved a bit.

I know that is a huge contrast from a lot of Ark. fan's who are already penciling in 8 wins as the low bar and expecting 10 win's simply based on BP returning as the OC.

jbcarol

Georgia Tech transfer, former USF DL Eddie Kelly commits to Missouri

by: Nick Schultz

QuoteGeorgia Tech transfer defensive lineman Eddie Kelly committed to Missouri Wednesday, he announced via social media. He began his career at USF before joining the Yellow Jackets last year out of the transfer portal.

Kelly appeared in 13 games at Georgia Tech in 2023, including five starts. He totaled 38 tackles during that time, including 5.0 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks. He had one of his biggest games in November against Clemson when he had nine tackles and 1.5 tackles for loss.

Eddie"2 CANE"Kelly
@Eddie2Kelly
Truly blessed and honored to announce that I will be Committing to the university of Mizzou🐯
@MizzouFootball

@coachbrianearly

@CoachDrinkwitz

jbcarol

Former Michigan LB Jeremiah Beasley commits to Missouri

by: Nick Kosko

QuoteFormer Michigan linebacker Jeremiah Beasley committed to Missouri, per On3's Hayes Fawcett. A true freshman, Beasley entered the portal during the spring window.

As a member of the Class of 2024, Beasley was a four-star recruit out of Belleville. He was the No. 9 overall prospect in the state, the No. 36 linebacker in the class and the No. 399 overall prospect in the class.

jbcarol

@Hayesfawcett3
NEWS: Four-Star WR Donovan Olugbode is down to 5️⃣ Schools, he tells me for @on3recruits

The 6'2 195 WR from Aurora, IL is ranked as a Top 175 Recruit in '25 (per On3)

Where Should He Go?👇🏽

https://on3.com/db/donovan-olugbode-155736