Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One Candidate: Pros and Cons

Started by ac360, October 25, 2012, 03:12:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ac360

Dan Mullen......thoughts?

A legitimate grab.  If you win in Starkvegas, you can just about win anywhere.  Underpaid. Horrible facilities.  BUT - is there a non-compete clause for other SEC W schools?

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawginj

He hasn't done anything one decent year so and who have they played(no one). No thanks!

hawg IQ

Quote from: ac360 on October 25, 2012, 03:12:19 pm
Dan Mullen......thoughts?

A legitimate grab.  If you win in Starkvegas, you can just about win anywhere.  Underpaid. Horrible facilities.  BUT - is there a non-compete clause for other SEC W schools?

and a proven SEC coach ! I 'de rather see dan mullen than gary patterson.
go hogs go !

Wildhog

Quote from: badhawg77 on October 25, 2012, 03:27:41 pm
He hasn't done anything one decent year so and who have they played(no one). No thanks!

He's done better at MSU than anyone else.  You gotta realize how hard it is to win there.

Auburn hired Tommy Tuberville after a 5-6 season at Ole Miss, and look how he worked out. 

And t's harder to win at MSU than it is Ole Miss.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

UncleFrank

Believe it or not, Mullen claims he really likes Starkville and wants to stay there and continue building that program.
How embarrassing would it be if we asked and he said, 'No Thanks, I'd rather stay where I'm at'?

Starkville may not be anybody's idea of a 'paradise', but in terms of recruiting, there are a goodly number of D-1 quality kids in Mississippi most years and he's just a stone's throw from the rich recruiting grounds of Alabama (and not very far from Georgia and the Florida panhandle).
If he can continue to recruit reasonably well, and establish some real depth there, Mississippi St will continue to be more-and-more a force to be reckoned with in the West.
There's always a possibility that he might not wanna leave that, even to come to Fayetteville, and even for a little more money (assuming Miss St would increase his salary to help keep him).

IBleedRazorbackRed

Just my 2 cents, but I don't think he has the upside. He'd be a consistent 8-9 win a year coach, but I don't see him breaking through and winning a conference championship

Hawginj

Its no harder to win at miss st. than it is here in fact it should be easier Mississippi puts out more D1 athletes than we do and state owns the black bears so they aren't competing for recruits Merlin can stay at state we are Arkansas we done need want or will stand for scrubs!

tophawg19

winning at state is in some ways better than arkansas . we have better facilities and a much nicer area to live in but they have a lot better recruiting base . mississippi produces a lot of d-1 recruits and has a ton of juco kids there in state as well
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HotlantaHog

Solid pick, but honestly is the kind of pick that would leave me thinking I wish Arkansas never fired Petrino. Not sure I see the upside. I could be wrong. We will see how real Mississippi State is starting this weekend.

Chief Mac

Quote from: Wildhog on October 25, 2012, 03:37:39 pm
He's done better at MSU than anyone else.  You gotta realize how hard it is to win there.

Auburn hired Tommy Tuberville after a 5-6 season at Ole Miss, and look how he worked out. 

And t's harder to win at MSU than it is Ole Miss.

Jackie Sherrill says you are FOS and he did better at MSU than Mullen.
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

American Horror Story

He slouches too much.  Bad posture is a pet peeve of mine.