Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Excuse For the Loss

Started by yraciv, March 16, 2018, 04:43:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yraciv

Only list the top reason you think we lost today. Go!

hawganatic

Other team scored more points?

BannerMountainMan

Macon, Barford, and Beard were all cold for the first half.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

The real Hogules

We left our defense in the locker room, where it's been for 7 straight seasons.................
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

revolution

Coach Anderson did not get his team prepared and ready to play.

These are the facts, and they are indisputable.

DoctorSusscrofa

I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Wild Bill Hog

root_hawg

SPAL

Dustin Thomas left and took the high times with him.

We were scared to be in Detroit

Ugly uncle said we would win

rzrbk4life

They weren't your typical 10 seed...
Let's call those hogs!!!!

BannerMountainMan

Shooting 35% will lose a game EVERYTIME, but let's complain about coaching when we have Jones missing wide open threes and Gafford air balling turn around hook shots.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

alohawg

Lot's of reasons, but no excuse for this in year 7 with a senior laden team. The number 1 reason is the head man.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

jfred59

orvillesghost

We play no organized defense..we press, trap, sometimes it works, when it doesn't we are in the soup.

See last seven years for examples.

LRHawg

mentally unprepared for the game.

Expecting individual efforts to overcome poor team play.

Boardon Hamsay

8 mile is as far away from home that we can win ???
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

yraciv

I'm thinking we didn't have enough men! lol

Totally Kidding - Mike anderson did not get them into a position to have high percentage shots, and that resulted in a cold shooting night.

BroyledNutts

March 16, 2018, 04:48:49 pm #17 Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 12:07:05 pm by BroyledNutts

TheRazorback500

Purdue vs Butler was a setup from the get go
Do you wanna get Rocked?

RagingHawgOn

Eminem didn't rap the National Anthem

hogcards

We can't actually draw up and execute plays.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Hog in Iowa

Poorly prepared, no energy, down 21-2, and MA trying to figure out which role-player with limited upside to insert next (after 7 years).
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

Mjs84

phadedhawg

We weren't prepared to play a good NCAA tourney team.

bphi11ips

Jordan had a plan to take away our strength (Barford and Macon) and make us beat Butler with our weakness - which was the 3 and 4 positions. It was a great plan and it worked. Our plan was to make Butler prepare for us, which I think is what Mike Anderson says is his plan for every game.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

SPAL

We haven't recovered from the unexpected departure of Qualls

Oliver

SPAL

The SEC had been undefeated so it was law of Averages that we would lose.

alohawg

Quote from: Hog in Iowa on March 16, 2018, 04:53:34 pm
Poorly prepared, no energy, down 21-2, and MA trying to figure out which role-player with limited upside to insert next (after 7 years).

Sure seems this way, unbelievable.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

respirback

SPAL

alohawg

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 16, 2018, 04:55:13 pm
We haven't recovered from the unexpected departure of Qualls

I'll go with Corliss. Not unexpected but.....
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

nesjunk

Worst defensive squad of the MA era.  When you stink at defense and have a cold day shooting, you're done.  If you excel at defense, you can overcome a poor day from the field.

RoyHobbs92

BroyledNutts

March 16, 2018, 05:00:58 pm #34 Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 12:04:53 pm by BroyledNutts
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 16, 2018, 04:56:53 pm
The SEC had been undefeated so it was law of Averages that we would lose.

root_hawg

Bogghawg

Literally not a concern in the world to rebound.  Literally no indication that they understand the consequence of second chance points and multiple consecutive possessions by the opponent.  Literally no effort, no pride, no understanding of some of the very most fundamental basketball principles.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

lookawayquick

Horrible D, low basketball IQ, watch me offense and a coach that will not adjust.  Hate to say it but I'm ready for this senior class to move on.  Underachievers.

Oliver

mykidsdad

easy one. It was my fault. I had really, really good news off the court. As soon as I got the news, I knew we were doomed. I am very sorry all, but on the bright side, really, really good day for me.

HogFan1973

Overconfidence.  So worn out on teams claiming they have "unfinished business" before they actually do something like win a game.

Beaverfever

Quote from: rzrbk4life on March 16, 2018, 04:47:31 pm
They weren't your typical 10 seed...
Lol this.  Who really cares if butler was more like a 7/8 seed.  In the NCAA tournament you gotta show up ready to beat great teams and we didn't.  Tennessee or Kentucky could have swapped spots with us and they'd still be playing in the next round. 

alohawg

Quote from: Bogghawg on March 16, 2018, 05:01:26 pm
Literally not a concern in the world to rebound.  Literally no indication that they understand the consequence of second chance points and multiple consecutive possessions by the opponent.  Literally no effort, no pride, no understanding of some of the very most fundamental basketball principles.

All of that stuff is overrated, doncha know. Just tip off and see what happens.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Beaverfever

Quote from: HogFan1973 on March 16, 2018, 05:02:43 pm
Overconfidence.  So worn out on teams claiming they have "unfinished business" before they actually do something like win a game.
or complain about lack of respect because they're not in the top 25.

Snouty

The NCAA conspired with the referees, the Trilateral Commission, the Gnomes of Zurich, multinational corporations, and Satan to steal the game from us.

EcatsR

They picked us up when we got off the damn bus!

WorfHog

The team was excited to get back to town and see what it's like to beat Kentucky.  ;)

jfred59

HardCore

We have no consistent shooters.  Great shooting hides many weaknesses
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

HogJowler

Mike Anderson can't recruit or coach defense.  If we can't play street ball we can't win.