Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Minnesota looking UGLY at home against Drake

Started by Pyotr Tchaikhogsky, December 11, 2017, 07:45:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Only had 13 points with 6 minutes left in the half.  Down 28-24 at halftime.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

JONAS

rzrbackramsfan

Arkansas is making teams reevaluate their existence.

hawgdavis

We beat them down and they have now lost confidence. Going to happen to many teams that play us moving forward.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

It's like what happens to us after we play Alabama in football.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

hawgball40

That's what happens when you have a short bench. Same way NC looked when they played MSU after playing us.

S.A.D.C

Quote from: hawgdavis on December 11, 2017, 08:15:03 pm
We beat them down and they have now lost confidence. Going to happen to many teams that play us moving forward.

Guys- hogs looks great Saturday but Minnesota really sucks right now.  They lost to Nebraska BEFORE us and probably should have lost to three dudes from Alabama.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: S.A.D.C on December 11, 2017, 08:23:31 pm
Guys- hogs looks great Saturday but Minnesota really sucks right now.  They lost to Nebraska BEFORE us and probably should have lost to three dudes from Alabama.

Actually, they were ponding Bama. After they lost Ingram fouled out MN started running the clock way down for each possession before shooting trying to end it sooner.

The final score.wasn't indicative of the real portion of the game.

SPAL

Quote from: ShadowHawg on December 11, 2017, 09:01:32 pm
Actually, they were ponding Bama. After they lost Ingram fouled out MN started running the clock way down for each possession before shooting trying to end it sooner.

The final score.wasn't indicative of the real portion of the game.

Shhh.....that's not the narrative we like.

Hawg Red

TNhawgfan

These HUGE wins over Minnesota and UCONN may end up being meaningless come February if these teams don't turn it around
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Willyboy

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 12, 2017, 08:46:56 am
These HUGE wins over Minnesota and UCONN may end up being meaningless come February if these teams don't turn it around

I honestly never thought of UCONN as being a huge win.  I think Minnesota will be a quality win all through the season. 

311Hog

Quote from: Willyboy on December 12, 2017, 09:32:36 am
I honestly never thought of UCONN as being a huge win.  I think Minnesota will be a quality win all through the season. 

UCONN is a big name still even if not a real good team anymore. Some people see a win vs UCONN and think that win is better than say a win over a mid major team that is likely better and will probably make the tourney.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hawg Red on December 12, 2017, 08:37:13 am
Gophers pulled it out 68-67.

A win is a win is win.

Hopefully the can pull it together

Hawg Red

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 12, 2017, 10:11:42 am
A win is a win is win.
Except when it isn't, like when they're doing the seeding for the tournament. Just sayin'
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Poppa Tart on December 12, 2017, 11:18:53 am
Except when it isn't, like when they're doing the seeding for the tournament. Just sayin'
as long as you win they never look back at how close the scores are, Kentucky has barely beat some bad teams and trust me they don't go back and look how close the games are.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

FineAsSwine

And considering everything you just said, EVERY tournament prognosticator worth his salt has us solidly projected to be in the field RIGHT NOW even with UCONN and Minnesota's current results factored in.
Hogs up! Covid down!

FraggleHog

OU win is best quality win at this point in the season... especially on a neutral court... Minn starting 5 is studly... but their talent level goes off a cliff once you get into their bench.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

niels_boar

December 12, 2017, 11:48:41 am #19 Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 12:13:42 pm by niels_boar
Minnesota has 6 of their 8-man rotation back from a team that won 24 games last year and was a #5 seed.  They have four of their leading five scorers returning.  The one guard that graduated was replaced by talented frosh Washington.  The Gophers without McBrayer lost by 5 at home to undefeated Miami, who is top 20 in most computer polls.  Nebraska easily handled that BC team that just upset Duke, and the Cornhuskers just gave Creighton a run for their money on the road.  Minnesota had to play Drake on a one-day turnaround before finals after a week on the road.  The Gophers will be in the NCAAT in the top half of the draw.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: 311Hog on December 12, 2017, 09:39:14 am
UCONN is a big name still even if not a real good team anymore. Some people see a win vs UCONN and think that win is better than say a win over a mid major team that is likely better and will probably make the tourney.

Uconn has a good win vs Oregon

niels_boar

Pomeroy SOS for the SEC

1. Arkansas (7-2) #23
2. Vandy (3-6) #38
3. A&M (8-1) #39
4. UF (6-3) #43
5. UT (7-1) #61
6. Bama (7-3) #73
7. Misery (8-2) #102
8. Ole Miss (4-4) #141
9. USC (8-2) #181
10. UK (8-1) #200
11. LSU (5-2) #203
12. UGA (7-1) #231
13. Auburn (8-1) #254
14. Miss Stake (8-0) #345
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

King Kong

Quote from: Poppa Tart on December 12, 2017, 11:18:53 am

No difference between a 1pt win or a 20pt win vs Drake. What matters is their W/L record and quality of teams they play.

If Minnesota gets it going on Big 10 play like they did last year. 1pt Drake win couldn't be anymore irrelevant

pigture perfect

Quote from: niels_boar on December 12, 2017, 12:07:38 pm
Pomeroy SOS for the SEC

1. Arkansas (7-2) #23
2. Vandy (3-6) #38
3. A&M (8-1) #39
4. UF (6-3) #43
5. UT (7-1) #61
6. Bama (7-3) #73
7. Misery (8-2) #102
8. Ole Miss (4-4) #141
9. USC (8-2) #181
10. UK (8-1) #200
11. LSU (5-2) #203
12. UGA (7-1) #231
13. Auburn (8-1) #254
14. Miss Stake (8-0) #345
everybody's record looks pretty good except for the Rebels and the 'Dores. I expect them to do better as the year goes along.

The Houston loss may come back and hurt us later, but if this team isn't a 6 seed or better, I think we will have been robbed.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

JONAS

You may be right.  Still they are good wins.