Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QB Logan Byrd update in Thursday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, April 02, 2015, 12:11:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PaintballHog

Glad to see Hammonds coming in for a visit.

but as far as qbs goes, Byrd >>>>Griffin

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: PaintballHog on April 02, 2015, 06:53:56 am
Glad to see Hammonds coming in for a visit.

but as far as qbs goes, Byrd >>>>Griffin

I didn't see that much of a difference on tape. Byrd is for sure more mobile.

Griffin's throw around the 1:10 mark is about as good as it gets.

Now of course our staff has complete game film and that maybe why Byrd has an offer now and Griffins is still waiting.

Tusks

Serious question, I've traveled all over this country and been to every SEC campus and most the ACC and others, Logan's dad said the schools that were standing out included Arkansas, North Carolina, Florida and Kentucky.

Someone explain to me what a QB would see at KY?  Isn't stoops a defensive coach?  I mean they haven't played in the SECCG ever, they haven't been to a Jan 1 bowl or top bowl since 92 that I can remember, they don't have a HC that's coached in multiple Rose Bowls.

Not that I'm trying to dig at them I just don't see how any top football player would have KY on their list of anything.

Unless the player is from KY.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hawgzinbowlz

Byrd, 6-3, 232, 4.50. Hand held or not...pretty fast.

Glad to read that Austin is coming May 26.

" GO HOGS "

31to6

Quote from: tusked on April 02, 2015, 02:01:00 pm
Serious question, I've traveled all over this country and been to every SEC campus and most the ACC and others, Logan's dad said the schools that were standing out included Arkansas, North Carolina, Florida and Kentucky.

Someone explain to me what a QB would see at KY?  Isn't stoops a defensive coach?  I mean they haven't played in the SECCG ever, they haven't been to a Jan 1 bowl or top bowl since 92 that I can remember, they don't have a HC that's coached in multiple Rose Bowls.

Not that I'm trying to dig at them I just don't see how any top football player would have KY on their list of anything.

Unless the player is from KY.
Pro Style QB.
Very lean depth chart, esp if they whiff on Austin Kendall.
Stoops is a good recruiter.
Other than that, no idea. Maybe some sort of tie to Kentucky?

whosiskid

Quote from: 31to6 on April 02, 2015, 10:39:48 pm
Pro Style QB.
Very lean depth chart, esp if they whiff on Austin Kendall.
Stoops is a good recruiter.
Other than that, no idea. Maybe some sort of tie to Kentucky?

Also, it is a really nice campus and the surrounding area is great. I visited the campus once and loved it. I hate the Wildcats in basketball, don't think about them in football, but the campus felt very "homey" to me.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson