Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivals Elite Recruit camp in Dallas

Started by JIHawg, March 28, 2015, 05:52:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

Looks like the recruiting services are getting in the camps business to make more money off high school kids.

I understand this camp is by invitation only to elite recruits.  Some from Arkansas are going.  My question-what is the purpose of this, other than for Rivals to make money off these recruits?

If they are already deemed "elite", they are already offered by every school in the country.  What could they possibly gain from attending this camp?  They're already elite.

And how does the attendance of a Rivals camp figure in to their rating system?  Does it not remove the objectivity of a rating service if they will rate you or rate you higher if you attend their camps?

jackflash

Can fans attend these camps or is it against the rules?

Darren DeLoach

I hope it's not the case, but it is not hard to see rankings being manipulated by these  shakedowns....errr.....camps.

The thing to watch is if some of these elite recruits with known financial difficulties manage to "save up enough" to attend these. Which begs the question,  what do these things cost?
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

The_Bionic_Pig

I hear late evaluations being used as a excuse by commentators on ESPN recruiting nation for lower star rating all the time.

Camps offer exposure (rated to high or low)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hawgfan4life

Recruiting is big business and camps/combines have been money makers for a while.  In reality, there are only so many camps and combines a player needs to attend that are nationally and regionally performed.  The majority of kids need to go to the University Prospect Camp at the top schools they are interested in attending.  Those camps are where most scholarships offers are decided.