Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Recruiting - ESPN Jr300

Started by Thepigdoctor, March 24, 2015, 11:30:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Thepigdoctor

We've currently offered 46 players listed in the ESPN Jr300 according to ESPN's site. Of those, 6 players are currently committed to other schools, with one (Capps) committed to us. I expect Jones will eventually be boosted in their recruiting rankings, possibly landing in the final top 100.

I can't recall a time when any of our prior coaches had targeted so many highly rated kids by this point. Just another great example of how impressive our current staff is. Really excited to see just how many of these top targets we are able to land. Last years class, on paper, stacks up as one of our best ever, so an equal or greater class this year, coupled with just how little we actually lose from the team after this season, could finally give us that quality depth to compete for not just the SEC championship, but also a national championship.

Thepigdoctor

Ā 

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on March 24, 2015, 11:30:44 am
We've currently offered 46 players listed in the ESPN Jr300 according to ESPN's site. Of those, 6 players are currently committed to other schools, with one (Capps) committed to us. I expect Jones will eventually be boosted in their recruiting rankings, possibly landing in the final top 100.

I can't recall a time when any of our prior coaches had targeted so many highly rated kids by this point. Just another great example of how impressive our current staff is. Really excited to see just how many of these top targets we are able to land. Last years class, on paper, stacks up as one of our best ever, so an equal or greater class this year, coupled with just how little we actually lose from the team after this season, could finally give us that quality depth to compete for not just the SEC championship, but also a national championship.

I sure wish our QB this year were a Soph in his second season as starter, but if Enos can develop QB's just "almost" as quickly as CBP did we will be alright... I am glad we lost Chaney. His tenure here and at UT show that his offense is better suited for the NFL not the NCAA...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

redleg

The fact is, even when Arkansas signs a Top 25 class, it's still only the 8th or 9th best class in the SEC. That is a testament to how good the SEC really is. It will take a Top 10 or Top 5 fluke of a class (like what Ole Miss got in 2013) to propel the Hogs into a realistic chance of winning the national championship. An SEC title is possible, which of course would open the door to the national playoffs.
But, there will be a time when the SEC champ doesn't get to the playoffs. An 11-2 Arkansas would be just that. In fact, I seriously doubt an 11-2 Alabama would get into the national playoffs, especially if there are 4 or 5 other one-loss teams and 1 or 2 undefeated teams out there at that time.
Can Arkansas win a national title? Of course! Will they? Who the hell knows?! But being 8th, 9th, or 12th in the SEC in recruiting, even though that may be good enough to be in the national Top 25, isn't going to cut it. The Hogs coaches are going to have to develop players and "coach up" some guys that weren't highly ranked coming out of high school, while also doing what they can to keep the players that were ranked high as long as possible.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

jgphillips3

The first time an 11-2 SEC team doesn't make the playoffs, expansion of the playoffs will be at hand.  Knowing our luck though, we will be that team as was stated above.

WriterWrong

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on March 24, 2015, 11:30:44 am
coupled with just how little we actually lose from the team after this season

It's not a given that we aren't going to lose a lot of important pieces after this season.

OUr starting QB will be gone, JWill will be gone, Tretola and Smothers will both be gone, Kirkland, Skipper, Collins and Hunter will all be eligible to leave early, Keon Hatcher is gone and Rohan Gaines is gone, too.

Now, four of those players are only potentially gone, and at most I'd say only one (Kirkland) would consider leaving early. But, we'll be losing some key pieces.

Just saying, we may lose more from this team than you're taking into consideration. It looks like we've got talent in place to take over for any of those guys who leave, but they're unproven at this point.