Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dazon Ingram Alabama basketball signee re-opens recruitment

Started by klp1, March 18, 2015, 02:49:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

klp1

4 star 6'5 guard has re-opened his recruitment after Grant firing and suddenly becomes twitter friends with TJ Cleveland. Probably a long shot, but apparently we are looking. He has generated a lot of interest in the last few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPy7OS80tI0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh8nxKrYfpU

The_Iceman

jackflash

I would take anyway. If Qualls and Portis returns make us that much stronger

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

opineonswine

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 18, 2015, 03:49:41 pm
Would be a nice addition if either Qualls or Portis leave.

http://247sports.com/Player/Dazon-Ingram-38374

3 star on Rivals, FWIW...They list only 2 offers.  Alabama and Wich St.

-Blu

Quote from: opineonswine on March 18, 2015, 06:30:44 pm
3 star on Rivals, FWIW...They list only 2 offers.  Alabama and Wich St.

Looks like he's a 4-star on ESPN's latest eval.  I actually like what I see from his highlight tapes, he's always attacking the rim, he's quick, and athletic.  We need a guard that can give us that.  Looks like his weakness could be ball handling for a 2 guard, it was decent, but not great.

With that said, I'm really liking the "no news, is good news" trend we've been having with recruiting lately.  If we kept our current roster with the 2 guys incoming, I wouldn't complain about that at all.

hawg1221

I thought a signee couldn't get out of his scholarship unless the school releases him.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hawg1221 on March 19, 2015, 08:10:36 am
I thought a signee couldn't get out of his scholarship unless the school releases him.

When there is a coaching change, almost all schools will release the player.

Swinesong1

Quote from: hawg1221 on March 19, 2015, 08:10:36 am
He signed a grant in aid rather than the LOI.  Doing so obligates the school to the athlete but doesn't bind athlete to school.  Don't know why more players don't do this.

online-with-swine

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 19, 2015, 01:08:34 pm
He signed a grant in aid rather than the LOI.  Doing so obligates the school to the athlete but doesn't bind athlete to school.  Don't know why more players don't do this.

If we sign him will the SEC penalize Bama like they did LSU?  Likely not.

Swinesong1

Danny J

Quote from: jackflash on March 18, 2015, 03:53:58 pm
No where to put him as of right now....

nwahogfan1

I did not look at all the videos but the ones I saw only had him dunking.  Great dunks by the way.  But can he shoot the ball?  Where does he get the majority of his points.  Outside the 15 foot range or jumping over kids in the paint?   Just asking?

Hogsolo

Can he play the 3?   That's the spot I don't see if Qualls leaves.   Maybe Watkins, he's more of a wide body than the other guards. 

navyhog24

The Boar War

Quote from: jackflash on March 18, 2015, 03:53:58 pm

Scholarship limits.

Huds_HawgTide

we are full now...spots only open if we have a transfer or qualls and portis leave...best shot is to get them to stay and cut loose one or two ppl destined to never contribute and pick up someone like this kid or frazier
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

outlawhogeywells

Is Watson on Scholarship?  If so he could go off and that would free up another spot.  Haven't we been on Frazier quite a while? 

The_Iceman

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on March 20, 2015, 08:31:47 am
Is Watson on Scholarship?  If so he could go off and that would free up another spot.  Haven't we been on Frazier quite a while? 

Watkins doesn't need to be, unless he spends the entire offseason working on his three-point shot.

booogaga

Think about it. Say Bobby and Mike stay. We can move Manny back to a redshirt and Miles has been in school 4 years maybe he has graduated and can do the senior transfer thing without having to sit out. There are many ways to get more players to the hill.
GO HOGS!

JackJohnson

Manny isn't on scholarship- not quite sure where this is coming from.  Here are our 13 scholarship players

1- Madden Sr
2- Harris Sr
3- Hannahs Jr (redshirting)
4- Durham Jr
5- Bell Jr
6- Williams Jr
7- Qualls Jr
8- Miles Jr
9- Portis So
10- Kingsley So
11- Babb Fr
12- Beard Fr
13- Thompson Fr

Swinesong1

March 20, 2015, 11:45:47 am #23 Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 12:42:34 pm by Swinesong1
Quote from: booogaga on March 20, 2015, 08:48:50 am
Think about it. Say Bobby and Mike stay. We can move Manny back to a redshirt and Miles has been in school 4 years maybe he has graduated and can do the senior transfer thing without having to sit out. There are many ways to get more players to the hill.
What does redshirting a WALK-ON accomplish?