Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TJ Smith's flip to Arkansas

Started by monty hawg, March 13, 2015, 07:59:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgsmellgud

As a Hog fan it was a read, but far from interesting I would say. I am thrilled to have him, but where was the excitement? That he came in mid-week?
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Paul

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on March 13, 2015, 08:22:51 am
As a Hog fan it was a read, but far from interesting I would say. I am thrilled to have him, but where was the excitement? That he came in mid-week?
probably BB's inappropriate use of "ironic"

nonoffensiveposter

ricepig

Very interesting, nice read, thank you for posting it.

TomBigBeeHog

Really liking the class and character in the background of recruits we are getting. Makes for a more disciplined team that is a lot more coachable. Way to go coach B.  :razorback:
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

hoghiker

I'll settle this. I got out my vintage tube Lupper Interest Oscillation Scope(LIOS) and the analog meter bounced around between 6 and 7. Of those of you familiar with the LOIS, mine is the 500AX, it uses the 10 scale. When LIOS went digital in 1999 they switched over to, oddly, a 20 scale. If you refer to the LOIS 500AX manual, mine is tattered but still readable, its accuracy in this range is phenomenal. 6-7 reading indicates above average interest but also implies a strong minority simply don't give a shat about it. I've got one of newer digital models, 700D, I'd be willing to sell if anyone is interested. I still have the original packaging and manual so I'll be pricing it accordingly. Just PM me. I'll get you a quote. Only very interesting inquires please.

1highhog

Quote from: monty hawg on March 13, 2015, 07:59:26 am
Interesting read

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2015/03/13/arkansas-takes-unique-path-to-georgia-football-signee/

Thanks for posting, nice find.  For those of you not finding this an interesting read, you obviously didn't look hard enough.  There were so many things here that made this stand out to me, a very quick decision by a player, really without getting to see how the College Atmosphere would be like on the weekend, perhaps with a game being here, he may have not got to meet with the his position Coach.  He attended a class he was planning on majoring in, that's the thing that sticks out to me, maybe all do, maybe only half do, I'm not sure.  But this shows to me this young man is smart and he's going to put his education first and not waste the Coaches time by missing classes and be a discipline case.
Be Uncommon.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: hoghiker on March 14, 2015, 10:31:12 am
I'll settle this. I got out my vintage tube Lupper Interest Oscillation Scope(LIOS) and the analog meter bounced around between 6 and 7. Of those of you familiar with the LOIS, mine is the 500AX, it uses the 10 scale. When LIOS went digital in 1999 they switched over to, oddly, a 20 scale. If you refer to the LOIS 500AX manual, mine is tattered but still readable, its accuracy in this range is phenomenal. 6-7 reading indicates above average interest but also implies a strong minority simply don't give a shat about it. I've got one of newer digital models, 700D, I'd be willing to sell if anyone is interested. I still have the original packaging and manual so I'll be pricing it accordingly. Just PM me. I'll get you a quote. Only very interesting inquires please.

Thank you.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

20hog11

Let's put a vote on this thread. Interesting or not interesting? On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being not so interesting, and 10 being extremely interesting, I give this a 9.5! Not really but it's one of my favorite quotes from Harold and Kumar.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: 20hog11 on March 15, 2015, 11:43:49 am
Let's put a vote on this thread. Interesting or not interesting? On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being not so interesting, and 10 being extremely interesting, I give this a 9.5! Not really but it's one of my favorite quotes from Harold and Kumar.

2.8. Only that high because of the comments.

Sun Tzu Tusk U aka John Everett

A study was performed using a blind jury process to gauge interest levels in said article among transients living in a park in Little Rock. The authors of the study gave 20 transients this report and a glass of Kool-Aid. A control group of 20 transients was given a story on the good old days of sports in Arkansas by Wally Hall and a glass of Kool-Aid. There was no significant level of interest between the groups, both had an interest level  of 1.87. The researchers did find significantly higher levels of interest by the control group members who drank the Kool-Aid.
"...and with my eyes closed, like a cat, I play with everything I could have said." - Bernardo Soares (Fernando Pessoa) Kobeer: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvQVBp4rnmr/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

WayneHawg

Jeff Long has hired a search committee to find out if the article was interesting or not

lumphog