Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monk

Started by hogsgolfpro, January 17, 2015, 05:22:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsgolfpro

Scored 50 points in a loss today at the tournament of champions sponsored by Bass Pro. Second most in tournament history.

Big Nasty 34

Averaged 36 in 3 games I believe

Big Nasty 34

Won dunk contest too I believe.

Potosihog

My sons are there. Just texted me and said he threw down a monster dunk for that 50th point.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on January 17, 2015, 06:42:58 pm
Won dunk contest too I believe.
Yep he did win the dunk contest... Put on a show from what I heard

lightsout

Malik Monk!
Malik Monk!
Μαlik Monk!

razorhog52

Hire Marcus on staff, the bentonville head coach and whoever and his mom and else you have to to get him.

PorkerOinker

Would love to see Malik in a HOG uniform, but it won't has Ave any bearing on the direction our program is going on the court right now. He is one and done and even he is not good enough to carry a team deep into the tourney at the D-1 level.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

HogFansReunited

From what I hear, he will be a hog.  I know he expects to be one and done but there is a chance that the NBA will change the rules and make kids stay in college for two seasons before he graduates.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Break & Run

Marcus Monk has his Masters in Sports Marketing and has his own business. I don't think he cares to be an assistant ball coach.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

MemphisBossHog

Just thought I would bump this thread to see if there was any new info about Malik.   Do we still have a good shot at him or does he have his sights on the bright lights of programs like Dook or KY or UNC?

Just wondering.

michaels

prep school next year
then overseas for a year before going top 10

mhuff

Scott7703

Quote from: michaelsamcreampie on February 15, 2015, 06:47:04 pm
prep school next year

I see about zero chance this happens.

sickboy

prep school next year

I laughed. Not because of how crazy the idea of Monk playing overseas is, which at this point it seems to be, but because your screen name immediately renders everything coming out of your mouth 3000 decibels lower than the mental image you've evoked.

cosmodrum

prep school next year

Well, that's certainly a disturbing handle.
Go away, batin'

Beavthompson

Somebody watched last Thursdays it's always sunny in Philadelphia
Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!

zane

prep school next year

WTH is up with your screen name??????
RIP LSUfan

zane

RIP LSUfan

presidenthog

prep school next year
I only applauded you cause your screen name had me laughing for so long

BigSexyHog

Greatest name on hogville. .... lol.  Pure greatness
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

XX

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on February 15, 2015, 06:25:39 pm
Just thought I would bump this thread to see if there was any new info about Malik.   Do we still have a good shot at him or does he have his sights on the bright lights of programs like Dook or KY or UNC?

Just wondering.
Another whipping of KY by the Hogs this year wouldn't hurt...
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

jry04

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on February 15, 2015, 06:25:39 pm

Just wondering.
It will be between us, Kansas, and UK if I had to guess. I think we will win out just because of how much time he spends with the team. Plus, Ky and Marcus are telling him he will go pro regardless of where he plays, but can help put the school he truly loves on the map. I know we hear about how recruits are hog fans all the time, but they end up going elsewhere. Monk truly is, though. The kid wears Arkansas gear quite a bit, always hanging with the basketball team, and grew up watching his brother and cousin playing in a Razorback uniform. I think his ties to the program will end up being too much for him to leave.

TexasRazorback

Quote from: jry04 on February 16, 2015, 08:09:48 am
It will be between us, Kansas, and UK if I had to guess. I think we will win out just because of how much time he spends with the team. Plus, Ky and Marcus are telling him he will go pro regardless of where he plays, but can help put the school he truly loves on the map. I know we hear about how recruits are hog fans all the time, but they end up going elsewhere. Monk truly is, though. The kid wears Arkansas gear quite a bit, always hanging with the basketball team, and grew up watching his brother and cousin playing in a Razorback uniform. I think his ties to the program will end up being too much for him to leave.

I hope so, players like monk dont come around often

t-money

W. - What's
  I. -  Important
   N. -  Now

-Lou Holtz

Grizzlyfan

the Monk dunk over the kid from Ft Smith Southside was already a YouTube sensation.  My kid tells me it also made it to an MTV show called Ridiculousness.

Cresthog

Have to land him. He is unreal and would crush it in Mike's system.

chiti66

WE CAN NOT LET THIS KID LEAVE THE STATE!!!  He is definitely a program changer.  We'd have him, AB Smoove, Whitt, Kapita, and Moses?  Are you serious???!!!!  Definitely a Final Four line-up.  Not to mention a bench of Babb, Manny, Trey, Hannahs for sure.  With the real possibility of having Smith, Davis and Fisher.  Talking about a sick squad!!! 

Cresthog

Does anyone actually know anything about where he is leaning?

For being such a stud, its hard to find a lot out there about him.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Cresthog on February 17, 2015, 11:12:31 am

He didn't have his V8 this morning, so he's leaning a bit to the left.

The_Iceman

Marcus said he won't decide til the Spring of his senior season. Gonna wait and see how all the teams are doing and what happens with coaches.

The more we win, the better chance we have.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on February 16, 2015, 10:20:12 am
the Monk dunk over the kid from Ft Smith Southside was already a YouTube sensation.  My kid tells me it also made it to an MTV show called Ridiculousness.

which one?
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

HogFansReunited

According to one of my secretaries, who is closely related to him, he will probably be a hog.  No, he hasn't said anything officially but that is what he wants.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

ThisTeetsTaken

Do whatever it takes to get him in a Hog uniform.  He's a program changer.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Hogg_Phan

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 17, 2015, 11:53:50 am
Marcus said he won't decide til the Spring of his senior season. Gonna wait and see how all the teams are doing and what happens with coaches.

The more we win, the better chance we have.
Honestly, it shouldn't matter if we're winning or not because this kid is a one and done. If anything he'll look better coming in here and making us that much better when he plays. We got Portis here before we were as good as we are now. I think the thing that will matter the most is if our coaching staff is still in place. And Mike just signed an extension that takes him to 2020, so that shouldn't be a problem. The only thing that matters is if he feels that our playing style fits him and he wants to come to Arkansas or not.
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: Hogg_Phan on February 19, 2015, 08:56:53 am
Honestly, it shouldn't matter if we're winning or not because this kid is a one and done. If anything he'll look better coming in here and making us that much better when he plays. We got Portis here before we were as good as we are now. I think the thing that will matter the most is if our coaching staff is still in place. And Mike just signed an extension that takes him to 2020, so that shouldn't be a problem. The only thing that matters is if he feels that our playing style fits him and he wants to come to Arkansas or not.
I think us winning has a lot to do with it. You said it yourself, he is a one and done player so why would he not want to try and join a team that has a chance to win March madness in his one year of college ball.

hogball33

He could play in the NBA right now.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogball33 on February 19, 2015, 10:17:27 pm
He could play in the NBA right now.

Gear down big shifter.  He's a junior in high school right now...

ArkansasI

Quote from: PorkerOinker on January 17, 2015, 11:23:39 pm
Would love to see Malik in a HOG uniform, but it won't has Ave any bearing on the direction our program is going on the court right now. He is one and done and even he is not good enough to carry a team deep into the tourney at the D-1 level.
I appreciate the positive vibe you're offering, but why post this?  Please watch the video below and confirm whether you still believe Malik is not a program changer.

Malik's impact will be significant.  He is crazy talented.

younghog

GO HOGS

hogfan870

Quote from: younghog on February 20, 2015, 10:05:24 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw8E2N-dBtc&feature=iv&src_vid=dTqXhwyWdQc&annotation_id=annotation_1773237935

TRULY THE ONE TO GET..

MONK is a BEAST

I have no doubt that Monk is awesome.  However, I find basketball highlight videos even less informative than football highlight videos.  All I can tell from that video is that he can dunk really well (and has connected on some no look passes).  Brandon Dean could dunk like a maniac, and while he was an asset to our team and had a killer SEC tournament one year, I would not call him a program changer.  Just seems with basketball you have to watch several complete games to know whether someone is really that good.  All that being said, reports from people that he watched him a lot say that he is awesome and I sure hope we land him. 

younghog

I feel ya hogfan

however did you see the 3pt shot.. Obviously DUNK is a push of the videos but he has a shot from all points on the floor.
GO HOGS

michaels

he's been working out with Ronnie Brewer & Ron Brewer
can't be a bad thing

WADHOG

Quote from: hogfan870 on February 20, 2015, 10:32:09 am
I have no doubt that Monk is awesome.  However, I find basketball highlight videos even less informative than football highlight videos.  All I can tell from that video is that he can dunk really well (and has connected on some no look passes).  Brandon Dean could dunk like a maniac, and while he was an asset to our team and had a killer SEC tournament one year, I would not call him a program changer.  Just seems with basketball you have to watch several complete games to know whether someone is really that good.  All that being said, reports from people that he watched him a lot say that he is awesome and I sure hope we land him. 
He's top 5 in his class, he's the real deal.

ChiTown27

Quote from: younghog on February 20, 2015, 10:05:24 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw8E2N-dBtc&feature=iv&src_vid=dTqXhwyWdQc&annotation_id=annotation_1773237935

TRULY THE ONE TO GET..

MONK is a BEAST

I just watched the video. The kid has a ton of talent; however, the play at the 1:58 mark was extremely selfish. He was double-covered, well behind the three point line, and he had two wide open teammates, yet he took the shot. Though he made it, he won't have such opportunities in his one year playing college ball, as the defenders will be taller, faster, stronger and more skilled. He's got to learn to pass in that scenario, or that type of ego will eventually cost his team. Why does my comment feel like that scene in Top Gun where Kelly McGillis (the civilian instructor) criticizes "Maverick" and his fancy flying?

That was just one play...so I'm not knocking his body of work. The play immediately preceding the one mentioned above was awesome. It looked like a fake video, but it wasn't. He has the talent to be legendary. Let's hope he picks the Hogs because he's an immediate impact player! ....AND he comes from a good family.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

Ray_Finkle

CMA needs to give him a Wal-Mart or something to get him to come to the hill!  :razorback:

PorkRinds

Quote from: Ray_Finkle on February 20, 2015, 02:36:54 pm
CMA needs to give him a Wal-Mart or something to get him to come to the hill!  :razorback:

Great contribution.

Ray_Finkle