Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 JUCO Daryl Macon (B-Ball)

Started by -Blu, November 06, 2014, 11:53:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

This may be a bit early to bring this up, but just thought I'd put it out there for those guys that like to follow B-Ball recruiting, it'll be interesting to see how he turns out.

Daryl Macon, an Arkansas kid from Parkview that went the JUCO route is really impressing his first couple of JUCO games.  Scored 32 points his first game and nailed 8 three pointers.  His second game he put in 20 points.  He's currently averaging 26.0 PPG.  He's gone on record of saying his goal is to play 2 years of JUCO and then be a hog.  Looks like he's off to a good start of trying to make that happen.

The Recruiting Guy

One of the best shooters in I've seen in a long time. Good chance he's a Hog.

mhuff

Great info. Did he play for the Wings or AAU?

intelligence

Awesome news. Hope he makes it. Would be a blessing to have his scoring in mikes system

-Blu

Quote from: mhuff on November 07, 2014, 07:45:57 am
Great info. Did he play for the Wings or AAU?

Didn't play AAU ball his last year, JUCO coach didn't want him to.  He's the article from RD on him, that was posted earlier in the year.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/apr/22/macon-taking-steps-be-hog/

Also, here's the one from Dudley, but think you have to be a Scout member to read.

http://arkansas.scout.com/story/1395394-macon-dreams-of-being-razorback

Quote from: Richard Davenport on November 07, 2014, 07:35:47 am
One of the best shooters in I've seen in a long time. Good chance he's a Hog.

Wow that's good to hear, and that's saying a lot considering you cover recruiting and seen hundreds of players.  You think he ends up a top JUCO guy before he leaves?

mbgrulz

Were grades his problem?

I have heard really good things about him...

ricepig

Quote from: mbgrulz on November 07, 2014, 08:38:27 am
Were grades his problem?

I have heard really good things about him...

If you are going to JUCO for two years, you can just about bet the farm that academics were the reason. I've watched him play against Jonesboro the last few years, very, very smooth with deep range.

poloprince

If he handles what he is supposed to handle he will be a hog without question.  It is all up to him.  :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

The_Iceman

Interesting. Glad the kid is going to have 2 JUCO years to develop. Could be a great pickup for us in the 2016 class.

jseinfeld50

Wish he would consider redshirting Juco year 2 and transfer having 3 yrs.

RazorAg

Macon played for the Arkansas Hawks.

I don't know his academic situation, but I've always been of the impression that he went to Juco to continue developing more and give himself a better chance to land at a high major, namely Arkansas.

Macon is a late bloomer.  He was tiny for much of his high school career, although he could always shoot it.  I remember seeing him in the 9th grade on the varsity squad.  He looked like a 10 year old child.  Maybe 5'4 and 110 pounds.

He was still really, really skinny last year, but he had grown to 6'2-ish.  He also really expanded his game a la Dusty Hannahs his senior year.  Up until then, he had been primarily a spot-up shooter.

Will be interesting to see what develops of this situation.

The_Iceman

Quote from: RazorAg on November 07, 2014, 12:28:32 pm
Macon played for the Arkansas Hawks.

I don't know his academic situation, but I've always been of the impression that he went to Juco to continue developing more and give himself a better chance to land at a high major, namely Arkansas.

Macon is a late bloomer.  He was tiny for much of his high school career, although he could always shoot it.  I remember seeing him in the 9th grade on the varsity squad.  He looked like a 10 year old child.  Maybe 5'4 and 110 pounds.

He was still really, really skinny last year, but he had grown to 6'2-ish.  He also really expanded his game a la Dusty Hannahs his senior year.  Up until then, he had been primarily a spot-up shooter.

Great news. Hope it works out.

Speaking of Dusty, I was really surprised at the Red-White game how well rounded his game was. Much more than just a spot shooter.

Hawg Red

Quote from: RazorAg on November 07, 2014, 12:28:32 pm

Whoa.

I remember him now. That's insane. Can't believe he is that same kid.

Hoggy Bear

Named JUCO 1st Team All-American today

-Blu

Quote from: Hoggy Bear on March 31, 2015, 09:59:18 pm
Named JUCO 1st Team All-American today

Nice.  They said he currently has interest from Arkansas, Miss St, Ole Miss, and Louisville.  I wonder when we're going to pull the trigger on an offer.

passinghog

What kind of ball handler is he? Can he create his own shot?

Pork Twain

Having a couple of guys that are deadly from the outside is a must and I hope this one continues to develop.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/