Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jimmy Whitt commits to Arkansas

Started by HawgAdvocate, June 02, 2014, 10:32:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wholehog92

If we can get Monk with Whitt, we will hit 100 points regularly.  Not many teams could cover them both.  Both are capable of 20-30 if you don't put your best defender on them.  Both have range and are consistent rather than streaky.  I hate to count my chickens before the eggs are in the nest, but I can't help it.  It's like watching the Christmas tree get put up.  You know the presents are coming.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Cresthog

He has a way more natural stroke than Young. He's longer and looks every bit as smooth.

Very excited to have him and loving his defense.

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on March 18, 2015, 06:31:28 am
If Whitt comes in and averages even 10 PPG I'll be happy. Much less 15 that BJ put up.

Totally different team. BJ had to score. That was a terrible team. Jimmy will not have the same need to be a score first type.

I appreciate BJ's contributions to our program. He was our best player when he was here. But lime I said, after watching them both play a few times.....Whitt will be a more complete player.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

choppedporkextrasauce

I expect out turnover margin will widen with Whitt.  It's been awhile since we had such a ball hawk.

jbcarol

Jimmy Buckets @JimmyWhitt33  ·  2h 2 hours ago

Going to be in this Arkansas Vs Tennessee game tomorrow if you in the A might as well come watch Ya boi hoop 😏🐗
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

MemphisBossHog

After reading what a lot of posters have said about Jimmy W and after doing a little "googling,"  it would seem that he is just what Arkansas has needed.  He seems to be a "basketball player" instead of a great athlete who happens to try to play basketball.  From what I can tell, he is simply a player and Ark has needed a player like that for a while.

And if we are fortunate enough to get Malik Monk, well, that would give Arkansas an outstanding backcourt.  You always read that in college, you win with guards.  Well Jimmy + Malik would be a top flight backcourt.  That brings up a question I have:  Do Jimmy and Malik play the same position?  Are they 2 guards?  Are they PGs? Or is one a PG and one a 2?  I have always assumed that Jimmy is a 2 guard--a shooting guard.

For those more up on the youngsters like Jimmy and Malik, how would one compare the 2 players?

twistitup

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 18, 2015, 09:24:01 am
If we can get Monk with Whitt, we will hit 100 points regularly.  Not many teams could cover them both.  Both are capable of 20-30 if you don't put your best defender on them.  Both have range and are consistent rather than streaky.  I hate to count my chickens before the eggs are in the nest, but I can't help it.  It's like watching the Christmas tree get put up.  You know the presents are coming.

Let's be sure and keep it positive....
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

intelligence

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on April 01, 2015, 09:52:59 pm
After reading what a lot of posters have said about Jimmy W and after doing a little "googling,"  it would seem that he is just what Arkansas has needed.  He seems to be a "basketball player" instead of a great athlete who happens to try to play basketball.  From what I can tell, he is simply a player and Ark has needed a player like that for a while.

And if we are fortunate enough to get Malik Monk, well, that would give Arkansas an outstanding backcourt.  You always read that in college, you win with guards.  Well Jimmy + Malik would be a top flight backcourt.  That brings up a question I have:  Do Jimmy and Malik play the same position?  Are they 2 guards?  Are they PGs? Or is one a PG and one a 2?  I have always assumed that Jimmy is a 2 guard--a shooting guard.

For those more up on the youngsters like Jimmy and Malik, how would one compare the 2 players?
Jimmy is listed as PG. He's a scoring PG.

The_Iceman

Quote from: intelligence on April 02, 2015, 01:12:58 am
Jimmy is listed as PG. He's a scoring PG.

He's a Patrick Beverley type guard. Can play either position.

Breems

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 02, 2015, 02:31:08 am
He's a Patrick Beverley type guard. Can play either position.

I hate the comboguard label, because it usually means theye lack the skills to be a PG and lack the scoring to be a shooting guard. Arkansas has been absolutely filled with "comboguards" AKA tweeners in the past decade.

Fortunately, Whitt looks like a scorer.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

jbcarol

Caitlin Swieca @CaitlinSwieca  ·  Apr 10

Jimmy Whitt up for Mr. Show-Me Basketball: http://www.mobca.org/news_article/show/501906?referrer_id=713829 ...

QuoteMr. & Miss Show-Me Basketball

Mr. & Miss Show-Me Basketball will be announced at the Academic All-State banquet on April 26 in Springfield.

Finalists for Miss Show-Me Basketball include: Juwan Morgan, Waynesville; Drew Lock, Lee's Summit; Landry Shamet, Park Hill; Kevin Puryear, Blue Springs South; Jimmy Whitt, Hickman; Jacob Caruso, Mansfield; Casey Teson, St. Charles; Cullen VanLeer, Pacific; O.G. Anunoby, Jefferson City
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

chiefhawg

Quote from: jbcarol on April 12, 2015, 07:42:40 am
Caitlin Swieca @CaitlinSwieca  ·  Apr 10

Jimmy Whitt up for Mr. Show-Me Basketball: http://www.mobca.org/news_article/show/501906?referrer_id=713829 ...

Not to be picky. But since Jimmy has signed and is a Razorback. Shouldn't this be in the Jump Ball Forum for all to enjoy?

ricepig

Quote from: chiefhawg on April 12, 2015, 02:53:36 pm
Not to be picky. But since Jimmy has signed and is a Razorback. Shouldn't this be in the Jump Ball Forum for all to enjoy?

I don't think they allow enjoyment in Jump Ball......