Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn loses Anfernee McLemore

Started by Wildbill, February 17, 2018, 03:38:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildbill

Just saw a terrible injury against South Carolina, I hate that for the young man

AirWarren

Wildbill

Quote from: AP85 on February 17, 2018, 03:50:49 pm
Knee?

No ankle, own player landing on him while he was trying to jump! Looks awful

HamIAm

@akmclemore
Thank you Auburn Family for all the love and support! Doctors said I dislocated my ankle, fractured my tibia, and will need surgery for some torn ligaments. Not to worry, I'll be back in 4-6 months. War Eagle everybody

Atlhogfan1

Now AU will fade away as A&M and Florida are. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HamIAm

There is video of the play on McLemore's twitter page. His own teammate was trying to draw a charge foul and went flying backwards into his leg as McLemore was about to rebound

RazorSax

Almost identical injury to Hayward's.

King Kong

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 17, 2018, 05:58:35 pm
Now AU will fade away as A&M and Florida are.

Let's pull them all into the mud.

The_Iceman

The 6'7" 220lb forward led the league in blocks and was Auburns only real presence inside. Some fortune is starting to turn our way. We played A&M after losing some guards, and now Auburn will be without their inside man. Auburns top guard Brown is also nursing a shoulder injury.

It's usually the other way around for us. Team's will be without key players all year, then get them back in time to play us.

hawg66

Nasty injury. Hopefully he'll be alright long term. I always want the Hogs to do well but McLemore is a special player and it's still just a game. I also thought Pearl was classy with his comments and concern.  Can't believe I said Pearl and classy in the same sentence, but he obviously cares for his players. That's a big reason why they play so hard for him.

TNhawgfan

Of cour$e pearl is concerned, he i$n't getting his money'$ worth if one of his player$ can't play in the tourney$
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

ICEman

Quote from: TNhawgfan on February 18, 2018, 07:44:01 am
Of cour$e pearl is concerned, he i$n't getting his money'$ worth if one of his player$ can't play in the tourney$
His father, brother and possibly his elderly aunt Irene may have a say in it as well.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

The_Iceman

Quote from: hawg66 on February 18, 2018, 07:32:08 am
Nasty injury. Hopefully he'll be alright long term. I always want the Hogs to do well but McLemore is a special player and it's still just a game. I also thought Pearl was classy with his comments and concern.  Can't believe I said Pearl and classy in the same sentence, but he obviously cares for his players. That's a big reason why they play so hard for him.

When you pay them as well as he does, it's not hard to get them to play like that for him.

BoarEd

Hate that the guy got hurt. BUT, Auburn is now down to only 8 scholarship players coming down the home stretch. Arkansas has an excellent shot at jumping two games on them at home. If Auburn loses only one game aside from Arkansas at home, Arkansas is poised to win the SEC outright. Just gotta hold serve at home.

This Kentucky game is enormous.

Tusks

yeah cla$$y and pearl dont go in the same sentence.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

jst01

I don't keep up with other teams rosters, which one is he? Starter?

razorback1829

Quote from: jst01 on February 19, 2018, 09:29:31 am
I don't keep up with other teams rosters, which one is he? Starter?

Top shot blocker in the conference. This one hurt them bc they are already small and don't have a lot of depth.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

niels_boar

That's probably a big loss.  Auburn does a lot of things very well.  Interior defense isn't one of them.  With Mclemore providing outstanding rim protection their deuce D was good enough to not be a major drag.  However, he was 43% of their blocks in SEC play.  That will probably affect how well they can defend the perimeter as well.  He was arguably their most important defender.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

247Hog

Quote from: BoarEd on February 18, 2018, 11:42:48 am
Hate that the guy got hurt. BUT, Auburn is now down to only 8 scholarship players coming down the home stretch. Arkansas has an excellent shot at jumping two games on them at home. If Auburn loses only one game aside from Arkansas at home, Arkansas is poised to win the SEC outright. Just gotta hold serve at home.

This Kentucky game is enormous.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

AL.com sports
‏Verified account @aldotcomSports

An already massively undersized Auburn basketball team has to finish the season without its starting center and best interior defender, Anfernee McLemore
https://trib.al/Y7vgarg

QuoteAn already massively undersized Auburn basketball team has to finish the season without its starting center and best interior defender.

The loss of center Anfernee McLemore, who suffered a dislocated ankle, fractured tibia and torn ligaments late in the first half of Auburn's game at South Carolina on Saturday, forces the Tigers to have to call upon their few other bigs to fill his more than 19 minutes per game.

"It's a tough loss. Anfernee has had a wonderful season," Auburn coach Bruce Pearl said. "The discipline with which he trained to be able to offensively step out onto the floor and shoot the ball from the perimeter. For his size, he's the best shot blocker in college basketball for his size at 6-7 and the way he protects the rim for us.

"Going into this with nine guys we were the 305th tallest team. So now, he is our second-tallest player that played bigger than just anybody his size. So obviously a team that was small just got smaller."