Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thank God Hogville wasn't around during Nolan's first few years

Started by snoot hoggy hog, March 18, 2018, 12:23:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cure

How many years in for Mike?

He improved his recruiting and had a loaded team this season. With the talent on that squad, who saw them getting bounced in the first round?
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

snoot hoggy hog

So "Mike" is hoganiese for "Nolan"?

I said "Nolan" not "Mike".

grayhawg

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on March 18, 2018, 12:23:30 pm
Ya'll would have murdered that man.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/coaches/nolan-richardson-1.html
In Nolan's 4,5 and 6th years he won the SEC west conference and SEC tourney championship. How many for Mike?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on March 18, 2018, 12:23:30 pm
Ya'll would have murdered that man.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/coaches/nolan-richardson-1.html
Were you around back then? A lot of the miserable ending of Nolans tenure was because of the beating he took his first few years here IMO. He never got over it IMO.

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: grayhawg on March 18, 2018, 12:37:57 pm
In Nolan's 4,5 and 6th years he won the SEC west conference and SEC tourney championship. How many for Mike?

How can Nolan win in the SEC if he was coaching in the SWC during those years?  Hogville logic.

SmokinHog

Again, move past it.

Quit going back to the Nolan years. 25+ years ago.

Who cares what Hogville would have done then. Its not 1990. Its 2018. 28 years later.

Evaluate Mike on what he has done in his 7 years here. There is cause to let him go. Others have been fired for doing more, both here and elsewhere in the country.

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 18, 2018, 12:40:25 pm
Were you around back then? A lot of the miserable ending of Nolans tenure was because of the beating he took his first few years here IMO. He never got over it IMO.

Yes I was around and do remember it. Hard to forget the treatment of the first black head coach of a d1 school in the deep south. Wasn't fair then and probably why Arkansas sports has never recovered. Call it the "The Curse of Nolan" but Arkansas will never get back until they do right by that man.

Dark Helmet Hog

Nolan had it pretty rough early on as it was. I don't think message boards would have made a difference either way.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on March 18, 2018, 12:46:12 pm
Yes I was around and do remember it. Hard to forget the treatment of the first black head coach of a d1 school in the deep south. Wasn't fair then and probably why Arkansas sports has never recovered. Call it the "The Curse of Nolan" but Arkansas will never get back until they do right by that man.
Interesting. So does this so called/supposed "The Curse of Nolan" extend to other programs such as football, women's bball as well as the basketball program ??? ::)

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.