Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BIG CAT IS BACK IN ACTION

Started by userpick, November 30, 2017, 09:22:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

userpick

Christmas came early this year. TMFW baby!

EastexHawg

Trump played with him because even a 70 year old man can beat Eldrick.  How many are playing in the Hero World Challenge?  He may beat the guy with two torn rotator cuffs.

userpick

Hate all you want. He's great for golf and he's back in the game. Hopefully on and off the course.

EastexHawg

Quote from: userpick on November 30, 2017, 09:57:51 am
Hate all you want. He's great for golf and he's back in the game. Hopefully on and off the course.

He's too irrelevant for me to conjure up the energy to despise him anymore.  It would be like wearing a t-shirt that says "You're a loser, General Cornwallis!"

userpick

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 30, 2017, 11:19:42 am
He's too irrelevant for me to conjure up the energy to despise him anymore.  It would be like wearing a t-shirt that says "You're a loser, General Cornwallis!"

He's the only reason anyone is talking about this 18 person event. I know you hate him. But you can't deny he's great for golf.

GolfNut57

Quote from: userpick on November 30, 2017, 11:55:43 am
He's the only reason anyone is talking about this 18 person event. I know you hate him. But you can't deny he's great for golf.

He certainly is. Someone has to be the one most likely to come in dead last. He should fill that role nicely.  :)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

userpick

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 30, 2017, 08:29:39 pm
He certainly is. Someone has to be the one most likely to come in dead last. He should fill that role nicely.  :)

What's sad is he could be in dead last and still get 10x more coverage than the leaders. Why? Because he's the reason anyone gives a damn about watching golf in December.

userpick

By the way, he's in 8th after day one. Great start.

ricepig

Quote from: userpick on November 30, 2017, 11:10:33 pm
What's sad is he could be in dead last and still get 10x more coverage than the leaders. Why? Because he's the reason anyone gives a damn about watching golf in December.
Hell...I've been watching Aussies and Asians I didn't know, I hate run of the mill college and pro basketball, so any event where I know the guy's playing is a plus.

Hawgndaaz

50+ white men are triggered everywhere

Pulled(PP)pork

Iwastherein1969

Eldrick's body apparently feels good for the first time in a while. However, I'll be waiting for that swing when he's trying to keep up with Dustin Johnson or some other long hitter and he plants that straight left leg into the ground an goes after a long drive and all that torque will be put on his knee again and then, 'pop goes the weasel cuz the weasel goes pop'....if he holds together long enough after what he's gone through to win a tournament, any tournament, it will be "come back of the year"
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

EastexHawg

Shot 75 today.  Only 10 back.  Got 'em right where he wants 'em.

majestic

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 02, 2017, 10:00:29 pm
And if he had shot his average over the other 3 rounds yesterday, he'd be right in it. Fowler is on FIRE.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Jackrabbit Hog

59 watch is on for Fowler.  Needs one birdie over the last three holes.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

cosmodrum

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 02, 2017, 10:00:29 pm

Congrats
Go away, batin'

majestic

I forgot Fowler was dating Allison Stoke. That dude is so lucky.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 03, 2017, 02:03:23 pm
59 watch is on for Fowler.  Needs one birdie over the last three holes.

Jinxed him.....

Jackrabbit Hog

I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

userpick

Excellent return for Tiger. Hoping he stays healthy.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: userpick on December 03, 2017, 06:46:12 pm
Excellent return for Tiger. Hoping he stays healthy.

strippers and blow.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Hawgndaaz

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: cosmodrum on December 08, 2017, 08:09:28 am
Well look what the big cat dragged in

Apparently the reports of his demise were greatly exaggerated.

userpick

cc

His swing still looks some what mechanical. I guess that is what happens when you have that many surgeries and body breaks down.  When i finally got my knee replaced at the ripe old age of 36 or 37 and could post on left side again, I was snap hooking a putter.

RazorPiggie

kingofdequeen

Quote from: userpick on December 08, 2017, 10:19:56 am

I don't believe it.

believe it.  you can do wonders on those.

i was geeked like all other baldrick fan boys last weekend.   Here's to hoping he can stay relevant for his play for a while.   

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

cosmodrum

Quote from: kingofdequeen on December 08, 2017, 01:40:33 pm
believe it.  you can do wonders on those.

i was geeked like all other baldrick fan boys last weekend.   Here's to hoping he can stay relevant for his play for a while.   

You gotta admit he looked better than the previous thirtyeleven  comebacks. Seemed comfy. Short game will come along.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

EastexHawg

Welcome back, KoD.  The place hasn't been the same without you.

FrJoseph

You made us for yourself oh God, and are hearts are restless until they rest in you.

Wildhog

Am I the only one that wants a "You're a loser, General Cornwallis" t-shirt?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

kingofdequeen

userpick

Quote from: kingofdequeen on December 10, 2017, 10:15:23 am
No.  Print them up.

I was told you got life w/o parole. Your natural charm must have done its work again. Welcome back.

71831+1

Quote from: userpick on December 11, 2017, 09:35:33 am
I was told you got life w/o parole. Your natural charm must have done its work again. Welcome back.
[/quote
I didn't even know

userpick

Quote from: 71831+1 on December 11, 2017, 01:14:02 pm
Quote from: userpick on December 11, 2017, 09:35:33 am
[/quote
I didn't even know

Good lord. We get both back in the same week. Christmas really is coming early.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on December 01, 2017, 08:14:01 am
50+ white men are triggered everywhere
they must not be able to put a .30-06 shell in the ocean from 50 yards because El Tigre' has won more tournaments on the PGA tour than any other man in history...see, it's statements like the one's above who have this man all stirred up.... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1XpzTjiMME
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

kingofdequeen

Lao Tsuie

Can't stand him anymore.

Anyone who follows that now is a fuzzy....

EastexHawg

The biggest of Tigre's many problems is that he can come back as many times as he wants and he's still not going to beat Spieth, Dustin Johnson, John Rahm, Justin Thomas, or a healthy McIlroy.  He's probably not even going to beat a decrepit Phil Mickelson most of the time.

He's not good enough to beat those guys, he's not going to become good enough, and more to the point no one is scared of him anymore.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 07, 2018, 08:45:39 am
The biggest of Tigre's many problems is that he can come back as many times as he wants and he's still not going to beat Spieth, Dustin Johnson, John Rahm, Justin Thomas, or a healthy McIlroy.  He's probably not even going to beat a decrepit Phil Mickelson most of the time.

He's not good enough to beat those guys, he's not going to become good enough, and more to the point no one is scared of him anymore.

But he moves the needle more than all of those guys combined.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

majestic

He just beat Dustin Johnson and Justin Thomas.

EastexHawg

Quote from: majestic on January 07, 2018, 03:52:16 pm
He just beat Dustin Johnson and Justin Thomas.

I mean in general or in the case of winning majors.  Beating a couple of guys for 12th place in a virtual exhibition match means next to nothing.  Nicklaus beat defending champion Tiger in the 1998 Masters when he was 58 years old.  I'm not sure what that proved about their respective games going forward.

cosmodrum

Just pumping chud when you posted this
Go away, batin'

kingofdequeen

like sands through the hour glass...

Hawgndaaz

Any of yall see the pic DJ posted of his wife after his win last night?

LAWWWWD have mercy

inbfore KodQ complains shes not chubby enough

EastexHawg

Quote from: kingofdequeen on January 08, 2018, 08:43:31 am
like sands through the hour glass...

Too many sands have gone through the hour glass for Eldrick.  He had his day, and it was great, but it's over.  Ten years since his last major...

cosmodrum

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on January 08, 2018, 08:53:20 am
Any of yall see the pic DJ posted of his wife after his win last night?

LAWWWWD have mercy

inbfore KodQ complains shes not chubby enough

paulina could switch out an 8 ball for a ham sandwich every now and then, but yeah she's hot
Go away, batin'