Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Those of you who said we had no chance of beating UGA...

Started by TulsaHawg, October 22, 2005, 09:02:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WILL CLINTON

The only thing we had a chance at today was not missing the field goal and getting to go into overtime with a tie.  We weren't on the 1 and fumbled with 1 second on the clock, nor did we drop a touchdown pass that would have won us the game, nor did we fumble during a run into the endzone that would have given us a 4 point lead.  We didn't even have a chance of moving the ball in the last possession.  We got DRILLED on that possession and gained what 1 first down and around 20 yds, and still ended up inside of OUR OWN 25.  If any of you want to look at it like we did something positive by playing within 3 of the # 4 team in the country, so be it.  But I look at it like the #4 team in the country played, without a doubt, their worst game of probably the past 2 years, but definitely this year, and lost their starting QB who was leading the SEC in 2 or 3 offensive categories early in the 2nd qtr, or late in the 1st.  If that is positive for you, have a blast. I would love for someone to try to explain why we are the only team in D-1 football who has a 240 lb punt returner?  And, from what I saw today, it definitely isn't because of his ball handling skills. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

razorback4life

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 22, 2005, 09:49:35 pm
I asically agree with you on all points, except not necessarily the 1st. We don't know what would have happened had Shock stayed in the game. You might have expected that UGA would have been able to mount a good ground attack with Shockley out, but they didn't.

Look, I'm not happy that another QB was not brought in. For the most part RJ basically handed the ball off, and completed a few passes. Any of the other QB's could have done the same thing. If I'm not mistaken the only pass attempted into the EZ was by our RB, not our QB!!! RJ, for whatever reason, does not make good decisions. I think Mort would handle this offense better. I think he would make better decisions.

Another thing, if I was the coach, I would not have Hillis returning punts. I would like to see someone with break-away speed back there. Heck, put Fish back there.

Some other things: pass more to the TE; use slants; throw to Monk!!!

Probably one of your best posts I have seen on here.  Now, with all the things you listed on this post, who should be held accountable for those things not happening?

e_dub

jblack, tulsahawg, where were you guys at after last week's game?

Squealers

It looks to me like we would have won had our QB made throws that would have actually gone THROUGH the defenders instead of BOUNCING off of them.  Someone tell Johnson that the ball flight has to be ABOVE the outstretched arms of the defenders.  Geeszh.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

jblack19

Quote from: e_dub on October 22, 2005, 09:54:01 pm
I was here. Ask the other Tulsa hog dude or read the threads from last week.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Wake Up the Echoes on October 22, 2005, 09:42:03 pm
Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 22, 2005, 09:38:42 pm
Quote from: Wake Up the Echoes on October 22, 2005, 09:36:08 pm
Quote from: corndo on October 22, 2005, 09:33:34 pm
We LOST - that is the only point that really matters.

Thank you.

But you are lost before you even start if you think you have no chance. That seems to be the case for many of you. You are defeated in your minds!

Let me state the obvious, Tulsa.

I don't play for the Razorbacks.

I don't coach for the Razorbacks.

I am a freakin' fan - that's it. Nothing more, nothing less. I am not indispensable. There is nothing special about me. My impact on any game, regardless of whether I am there or not, is negligible.

I am a spectator.

Therefore, to use the word "quit" is nonsensical. 

Players quit. Coaches quit.

Fans just watch.   

We.................just.......................watch.

No you don't "just watch".  You also "talk".  You may also, donate, or attend games, etc.

Some of you say you have "quit" going to the games.

If all you do is simply "watch", why do you take so personally what HDN does.

corndo

Quote from: jblack19 on October 22, 2005, 09:43:35 pm
You are only pumping sunshine.

And you are spewing hate. Theres no difference. We put up with your hater clan crap. So deal with the positive points about the program!

Hate? The point of this whole thread was to start an argument. If you were trying to focus on the "positives" of the game, it would not have started out, "and

who predicted that we would be completely blown out........YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!!!"

hogattack21

Well a big part of geogia's offense is letting Sockley scramble, from what I saw we done a great job of containing him and not letting him get outside of the pocket and when he did, we made him play. The only time he made positive yardage was when he got hurt. So no one knows if we could have held him to limited damage on the ground. who freaking cares? He got hurt, its a part of football. If they were as good a football team everyone said they were they should have still blown us out. Its a "TEAM" effort. The bottom line is arkansas came and left their hearts out onthe field and had a shot to win. I am just glad that the defense helde them to under 30.
It may be wrong, but it sure feels right.

jblack19

Quote from: corndo on October 22, 2005, 09:58:51 pm

And you are spewing hate. Theres no difference. We put up with your hater clan crap. So deal with the positive points about the program!

Hate? The point of this whole thread was to start an argument. If you were trying to focus on the "positives" of the game, it would not have started out, "and

who predicted that we would be completely blown out........YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!!!"

Go read the predictions thread. I read it after the game. I even challenged those that said we were going to get blown out to comment.. They didnt comment. Because they were wrong.

WILL CLINTON

"I'm just glad the defense held them to under 30". 

Classic.  Simply classic. 

TulsaHawg

Quote from: e_dub on October 22, 2005, 09:54:01 pm

I was at Road Hog Park.  Why?

jblack19

Quote from: CabotHog on October 22, 2005, 10:00:04 pm
Quote from: jblack19 on October 22, 2005, 09:47:42 pm
Quote from: CabotHog on October 22, 2005, 09:42:36 pm
Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 22, 2005, 09:38:42 pm
Quote from: Wake Up the Echoes on October 22, 2005, 09:36:08 pm
Quote from: corndo on October 22, 2005, 09:33:34 pm
We LOST - that is the only point that really matters.

Thank you.

But you are lost before you even start if you think you have no chance. That seems to be the case for many of you. You are defeated in your minds!

Do you have a rainbow sticker on your car?
You're digging. Getting ready to throw out the personal attacks are you?

Nah, I said that on more of a humor note. Why attack when others and myself are winning the debate?
haha.. thats pure speculation that you are winning the debate. Im positive. I know Im right. Thats all that matters to me. GO HOGS!!

corndo

Quote from: jblack19 on October 22, 2005, 10:00:49 pm

Go read the predictions thread. I read it after the game. I even challenged those that said we were going to get blown out to comment.. They didnt comment. Because they were wrong.

You completely missed or ignored my point.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: pseudorabies on October 22, 2005, 09:53:44 pm
Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 22, 2005, 09:49:35 pm
I asically agree with you on all points, except not necessarily the 1st. We don't know what would have happened had Shock stayed in the game. You might have expected that UGA would have been able to mount a good ground attack with Shockley out, but they didn't.

Look, I'm not happy that another QB was not brought in. For the most part RJ basically handed the ball off, and completed a few passes. Any of the other QB's could have done the same thing. If I'm not mistaken the only pass attempted into the EZ was by our RB, not our QB!!! RJ, for whatever reason, does not make good decisions. I think Mort would handle this offense better. I think he would make better decisions.

Another thing, if I was the coach, I would not have Hillis returning punts. I would like to see someone with break-away speed back there. Heck, put Fish back there.

Some other things: pass more to the TE; use slants; throw to Monk!!!

Probably one of your best posts I have seen on here. Now, with all the things you listed on this post, who should be held accountable for those things not happening?

Houston Nutt is ultimately responsible.

razorback4life

Never in my wildest dreams would I ever believe that a hog fan would be trying to prove a point that we didn't get blown out in a game even though we STILL LOST.   ::)

Biggus Piggus

Anytime Arkansas fans fall so low as to take joy from not getting blown out, they can fall no lower.  This reminds me of Northwestern in the early 1980s.
[CENSORED]!

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 22, 2005, 10:04:55 pm
Anytime Arkansas fans fall so low as to take joy from not getting blown out, they can fall no lower. This reminds me of Northwestern in the early 1980s.

Yes they can!!!!! 

When they sink so low that they hope the Hogs lose, and actually encourage people to not attend their own home games, and hope the attendance is low.

Now THAT's low!!!!

jblack19

Game predictions....

Biggus   
Georgia 31
Arkansas 7

Hog IN Memphis
I'll go with 70-17.

Tomcat
Dawgs will maul the Hogs 49-17.  Hogs don't stand a chance from the get-go...

Pulled Pork
UGA-56
UA -6

Wake uo the echos
Georgia 31
Arkansas 10

dubyacee
63  Dawgs
10  Hawgs

junk yard hog
GA- 43       5 Touchdowns   2 FG's  1 Safety

Hogs, 9   Extra Point blocked

Oh and mine....

Hogs  27-24

So, Where is the blow out they were predicting?

TulsaHawg

Quote from: jblack19 on October 22, 2005, 10:09:14 pm
Game predictions....

Biggus
Georgia 31
Arkansas 7

Hog IN Memphis
I'll go with 70-17.

Tomcat
Dawgs will maul the Hogs 49-17. Hogs don't stand a chance from the get-go...

Pulled Pork
UGA-56
UA -6

Wake uo the echos
Georgia 31
Arkansas 10

dubyacee
63 Dawgs
10 Hawgs

junk yard hog
GA- 43 5 Touchdowns 2 FG's 1 Safety

Hogs, 9 Extra Point blocked

Oh and mine....

Hogs 27-24

Great point Jblack!

jblack19

Quote from: pseudorabies on October 22, 2005, 10:04:10 pm

Never in my wildest dreams would I ever believe that a hog fan would be trying to prove a point that we didn't get blown out in a game even though we STILL LOST.   ::)

You just refuse to see the positives about the game. We've noted the problems about todays game in several threads above. We just refuse to quit.

e_dub

Quote from: corndo on October 22, 2005, 10:03:47 pm

Do you call or email Corso and Herbstreit everytime they make a prediction that is wrong??? If those who predicted that Arkansas would get blown out by Georgia are wrong, then you are wrong for your prediction that we would play well with Auburn(I'm almost 100% certain you made that claim).  Quit trying to start a freaking riot, this whole thread is a waste of internet bandwidth.

WILL CLINTON

WilsonHog

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 22, 2005, 10:11:35 pm
Game predictions....

Biggus
Georgia 31
Arkansas 7

Hog IN Memphis
I'll go with 70-17.

Tomcat

Pulled Pork
UGA-56
UA -6

Wake uo the echos
Georgia 31
Arkansas 10

dubyacee
63 Dawgs
10 Hawgs

junk yard hog

Oh and mine....

Hogs 27-24

Great point Jblack!

The blow out that I thought would happen didn't come.

Happy now?

I'm not, because we lost.

Given the fact that we lost, it matters not to me whether we lost 23-20 or 45-0.

It's measured every week by the scoreboard when the clock reaches 0:00. Every player, every coach, is EITHER a winner or a loser.

Black and white.

Biggus Piggus

Where was it?  Are you a complete loser?  DJ Shockley went down with an injury in the first half.  He never came back.  Their offense was severely diminished.  I'm SURE you predicted that.  Lord.  This board is populated with complete bozos.
[CENSORED]!

TulsaHawg

Quote from: e_dub on October 22, 2005, 10:13:34 pm

Do you call or email Corso and Herbstreit everytime they make a prediction that is wrong??? If those who predicted that Arkansas would get blown out by Georgia are wrong, then you are wrong for your prediction that we would play well with Auburn(I'm almost 100% certain you made that claim). Quit trying to start a freaking riot, this whole thread is a waste of internet bandwidth.

It would be smaller without your contributions.

e_dub

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 22, 2005, 10:15:39 pm

Do you call or email Corso and Herbstreit everytime they make a prediction that is wrong??? If those who predicted that Arkansas would get blown out by Georgia are wrong, then you are wrong for your prediction that we would play well with Auburn(I'm almost 100% certain you made that claim). Quit trying to start a freaking riot, this whole thread is a waste of internet bandwidth.

It would be smaller without your contributions.

You prove my point in SO many ways.

WILL CLINTON

Maybe this will make you feel better.

I was wrong, AND you were wrong, there happy now.  Is it possible for you to be less wrong or something?  Seems you enjoy "moral victories" as much as HDN. 

Game predictions....

Biggus
Georgia 31
Arkansas 7

Hog IN Memphis
I'll go with 70-17.

Tomcat

Pulled Pork
UGA-56
UA -6

Wake uo the echos
Georgia 31
Arkansas 10

dubyacee
63 Dawgs
10 Hawgs

junk yard hog

Oh and mine....

Hogs 27-24

jblack19

Do you call or email Corso and Herbstreit everytime they make a prediction that is wrong??? If those who predicted that Arkansas would get blown out by Georgia are wrong, then you are wrong for your prediction that we would play well with Auburn(I'm almost 100% certain you made that claim).  Quit trying to start a freaking riot, this whole thread is a waste of internet bandwidth.
No i dont, I dont have their phone number or email address and I am 100% certain you dont either. Without going back and looking, I said something like we could beat them IF we played a flawless game. I did predict us to win. I acknowledged I was wrong. If you feel this thread is a waste, then why are you posting on it?

WilsonHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 22, 2005, 10:14:47 pm
Lord. This board is populated with complete bozos.

As I said several weeks ago, the herd needs to be thinned.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Wake Up the Echoes on October 22, 2005, 10:14:39 pm
Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 22, 2005, 10:11:35 pm
Game predictions....

Biggus
Georgia 31
Arkansas 7

Hog IN Memphis
I'll go with 70-17.

Tomcat

Pulled Pork
UGA-56
UA -6

Wake uo the echos
Georgia 31
Arkansas 10

dubyacee
63 Dawgs
10 Hawgs

junk yard hog

Oh and mine....

Hogs 27-24

Great point Jblack!

The blow out that I thought would happen didn't come.

Happy now?

I'm not, because we lost.

Given the fact that we lost, it matters not to me whether we lost 23-20 or 45-0.

It's measured every week by the scoreboard when the clock reaches 0:00. Every player, every coach, is EITHER a winner or a loser.

Black and white.

Sure seemed to matter to a lot of folks on here when we got beat by 70-17.  People are still decrying that.  According to your logic, that was no worse of a loss than had we lost 3-0.

corndo

Once again, for those who are a little slower than others, the only thing that matters is: 2-5

For those who don't know what that stands for - it is our record.

razorback4life

Quote from: jblack19 on October 22, 2005, 10:12:31 pm
You just refuse to see the positives about the game. We've noted the problems about todays game in several threads above. We just refuse to quit.

PLease tell me when the positive points in games we lose will finally move some of the loses over to the win column.

WILL CLINTON

Corndo--  How about 0-4?  It was so great to see on ESPN every half hour that we were TIED with Mississippi ST for LAST  in the SEC west

e_dub

Quote from: jblack19 on October 22, 2005, 10:17:31 pm

No i dont, I dont have their phone number or email address and I am 100% certain you dont either. Without going back and looking, I said something like we could beat them IF we played a flawless game. I did predict us to win. I acknowledged I was wrong. If you feel this thread is a waste, then why are you posting on it?

To answer your question: Because I Can.

jblack19

Quote from: dubyacee on October 22, 2005, 10:17:10 pm
Maybe this will make you feel better.

I was wrong, AND you were wrong, there happy now.  Is it possible for you to be less wrong or something?  Seems you enjoy "moral victories" as much as HDN. 

Game predictions....

Biggus
Georgia 31
Arkansas 7

Hog IN Memphis
I'll go with 70-17.

Tomcat

Pulled Pork
UGA-56
UA -6

Wake uo the echos
Georgia 31
Arkansas 10

dubyacee
63 Dawgs
10 Hawgs

junk yard hog

Oh and mine....

Hogs 27-24

I already said i was wrong, but close. The HOGS played well today with exception of a few things.I enjoy seeing the program moving in a positive direction. The D was awesome today if you missed it. Best game of the year by far. Isnt that a positive?

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 22, 2005, 09:02:16 pm
and who predicted that we would be completely blown out........

YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!!!

No we didn't win, and it's not a moral victory, but we did have our chances. We just didn't eliminate our mistakes, and we didn't execute.

We could have won that game, and we SHOULD have won that game!!!

Now let's learn from our mistakes, make some adjustments, and get ready for South Carolina!

Go Hogs!!!!!!

Who cares if we lose by 1 or by 50?  A loss is a loss.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

TulsaHawg

October 22, 2005, 10:22:12 pm #87 Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 10:29:28 pm by TulsaHawg

Where was it? Are you a complete loser? DJ Shockley went down with an injury in the first half. He never came back. Their offense was severely diminished. I'm SURE you predicted that. Lord. This board is populated with complete bozos.

And UGA scored only 7 of their points with Shock in the game.

BP, you predicted the Hogs would score only 7 points.  Is it your contention that had Shockley not been injured, DMc would not have run for almost 200 yard and the Hogs would not have scored 20 points?

WILL CLINTON

I dont see how a loss moves "the program in a positive direction".  It may do a little for the teams confidence, a "moral victory".  For every step you believe we took in a positive direction today, I think was nullified and we actually moved 2 steps back every time I saw on TV that we were tied for last in the SEC. 

jblack19

Quote from: pseudorabies on October 22, 2005, 10:19:51 pm

PLease tell me when the positive points in games we lose will finally move some of the loses over to the win column.
Dumb post. You use them as building tools. To get better. I thought you would know that. We played the best game of the year by far. So wouldnt you say we played better today than we played last week?

jblack19

Quote from: gmb_79 on October 22, 2005, 10:20:19 pm

YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!!!

No we didn't win, and it's not a moral victory, but we did have our chances. We just didn't eliminate our mistakes, and we didn't execute.

Now let's learn from our mistakes, make some adjustments, and get ready for South Carolina!

Go Hogs!!!!!!

Who cares if we lose by 1 or by 50?  A loss is a loss.

Thank God your not the coach.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: DR on October 22, 2005, 09:30:19 pm
Quote from: lunchbox72703 on October 22, 2005, 09:20:11 pm
doesn't make it right, and it doesn't speak well of the board and the other mods who do write intelligent posts.

We are not a bunch of goody-goody saints. Don't expect us to act like one.

Actually, that is one of the things that I LIKE about this board.  Mods here actually act like people instead of censor-happy robots.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Biggus Piggus

You know what is frustrating?  Our head coach once again is incapable of developing a backup quarterback.  He cannot make a big decision.  He cannot pull the trigger.  He is afraid of being second guessed.  Nutt was more afraid of being criticized for playing a true freshman and burning his redshirt in WHAT HE EXPECTED WOULD BE A BLOWOUT LOSS AT GEORGIA than actually trying to win the football game.  Then he gets into the game and stays close, and can't pull the trigger again.  Arkansas cannot beat a decent SEC opponent with Johnson back there flailing around and misreading every blooming pass play.  He's a mess.  Anybody who knows how to watch a QB sees it.  We have had several shoulda-been winnable games that turned into defeats in large part because Nutt decided to go with Johnson way back in spring.  What the crap has been going on in practice? 

The reason to have open practices:  KEEP HOUSTON NUTT HONEST.  Don't let him get away with this garbage.
[CENSORED]!

TulsaHawg

Quote from: gmb_79 on October 22, 2005, 10:20:19 pm

YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!!!

Go Hogs!!!!!!

Who cares if we lose by 1 or by 50? A loss is a loss.

Let me say it again:  There were some folks on here who acted like it was a lot worse than a "normal" loss whe we lost 70-17.  People still bring up how bad it was. 

e_dub

This plethora of positiveness is good, it's always good to have people on both sides of the fence.  Kind of like having more than one political party.  There were threads started last week aimed at rubbing the loss in the face of the pro-nutt posters so i can see where this one comes from.  But the fact that the other threads that actually have something to do with sports are being neglected is pretty lame.  How long is this argument going to go on?

TulsaHawg

Quote from: e_dub on October 22, 2005, 10:26:53 pm
This plethora of positiveness is good, it's always good to have people on both sides of the fence. Kind of like having more than one political party. There were threads started last week aimed at rubbing the loss in the face of the pro-nutt posters so i can see where this one comes from. But the fact that the other threads that actually have something to do with sports are being neglected is pretty lame. How long is this argument going to go on?

This is only one thread.  There are plenty of others if you don't like this one.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 22, 2005, 10:22:12 pm

Where was it? Are you a complete loser? DJ Shockley went down with an injury in the first half. He never came back. Their offense was severely diminished. I'm SURE you predicted that. Lord. This board is populated with complete bozos.

And UGA scored only 7 of their points with Shock in the game.

BP, you predicted the Hogs would score only 7 points.  Is it your contention that had Shockley not been injured, DMc would not have run for almost 200 yard ane the Hogs would not have scored 20 points?

They were without their two best defensive linemen and their starting middle linebacker.  They started a guy at MLB who weighed 208.  Their starting QB went down in the first half.  We had every chance to beat them, but it was IMPOSSIBLE because our head coach froze up.

Do you think you are making a major point?  What are you celebrating?  This whole Arkansas story continues to get more bizarre by the week, and you are completely unaware. 
[CENSORED]!

jblack19

Biggus, do you think we are improving? We both agree on the QB thing, btw. We both agree on the passing, btw.

e_dub

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 22, 2005, 10:28:24 pm
Quote from: e_dub on October 22, 2005, 10:26:53 pm
This plethora of positiveness is good, it's always good to have people on both sides of the fence. Kind of like having more than one political party. There were threads started last week aimed at rubbing the loss in the face of the pro-nutt posters so i can see where this one comes from. But the fact that the other threads that actually have something to do with sports are being neglected is pretty lame. How long is this argument going to go on?

This is only one thread. There are plenty of others if you don't like this one.

I was talking about all of you. Read more, post less.

razorback4life

Quote from: jblack19 on October 22, 2005, 10:22:50 pm
Quote from: pseudorabies on October 22, 2005, 10:19:51 pm

Dumb post. You use them as building tools. To get better. I thought you would know that. We played the best game of the year by far. So wouldnt you say we played better today than we played last week?

How many "building tools" (loses)  does Nutt need to get better and beat a respectable SEC opponent?  Jblack, do you even know the last time we had a respectable SEC victory?