Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Former Head Hog Petrino's buyout cut in half

Started by HawgTrough, September 28, 2017, 11:31:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgTrough

Andy Staples‏Verified account @Andy_Staples · 2h2 hours ago
Andy Staples Retweeted Matt Porter

Jurich firing drops Petrino's buyout from $8.5 mill to $4.25 mill. And since demand is going to outstrip supply on the coaching carousel...
WPS

hogcard1964

He only gets fired again if he's caught on a motorcycle with a hot, young alumni.

And I'm not sure that will even work any longer.  Nobody wants to look like Long after that.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 28, 2017, 11:32:47 am
He only gets fired again if he's caught on a motorcycle with a hot, young alumni.

And I'm not sure that will even work any longer.  Nobody wants to look like Long after that.

Think he referring to what Petrino would owe Louisville if he walked after this season.

El Puerco Grande

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 28, 2017, 11:32:47 am

Jeff Long looked great to everyone in the world but the few people in Arkansas that wanted to look the other way after Petrino became the laughing stock of the football world. Just stating the facts, sir.
How 'bout them hogs?

Grag T

Quote from: El Puerco Grande on September 28, 2017, 02:03:49 pm
Jeff Long looked great to everyone in the world but the few people in Arkansas that wanted to look the other way after Petrino became the laughing stock of the football world. Just stating the facts, sir.

We only thought that was what it looked like to be a laughing stock; fast forward to 2017... now we really understand what it is
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

longpig

They'd rather have an AD that keeps a winning HC who hired his engaged mistress, loaned his engaged mistress a LOT of cash, got caught red handed with his engaged mistress, put a state trooper's job in jeopardy, lied about it publicly and privately, doubled down on the lies, was a pita to work with, embarrassed Arkansas athletics............

Don't be scared, be smart.

GuvHog

Quote from: Grag T on September 28, 2017, 02:17:16 pm
We only thought that was what it looked like to be a laughing stock; fast forward to 2017... now we really understand what it is

Yep, the number of fans who want Jeff Long gone is growing every day. A recent poll here on Hogville showed almost 3/4ths of those who voted want Long gone.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 02:25:23 pm
Yep, the number of fans who want Jeff Long gone is growing every day. A recent poll here on Hogville showed almost 3/4ths of those who voted want Long gone.
And we all know Hogville is an accurate comparison to the rest of the state.  SMH
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on September 28, 2017, 04:12:41 pm
And we all know Hogville is an accurate comparison to the rest of the state.  SMH

Nice  ;)
Hogs up! Covid down!

gchamblee

I can only imagine that when you are horribly wrong about something there is great comfort in being in the company of the majority while making that mistake.

EastexHawg

What did he look like to the rest of the world when he hired a bankrupt old has been from Weber State to coach a top ten-ranked team, then structured his contract in such a way as to shelter him from the creditors involved in said bankruptcy?

RazorPiggie

The real Hogules

Quote from: longpig on September 28, 2017, 02:22:01 pm
They'd rather have an AD that keeps a winning HC who hired his engaged mistress, loaned his engaged mistress a LOT of cash, got caught red handed with his engaged mistress, put a state trooper's job in jeopardy, lied about it publicly and privately, doubled down on the lies, was a pita to work with, embarrassed Arkansas athletics............

Yes, so when can we get Bobby back?
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

ricepig

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Grag T on September 28, 2017, 02:17:16 pm
what are you 12 with that line of thinking. We are a respected university that isn't cheating. The laughing stock is the gaggle of fans that think the end is nigh b/c we lost 2 football games.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

moses_007

Quote from: The real Hogules on September 28, 2017, 04:37:05 pm
Yes, so when can we get Bobby back?
Never as long as Jeff Long is our AD.  And I doubt that Long's replacement would re-hire him either because of how Petrino embarrassed the university. 

PorkSoda

Quote from: PORKULATOR on September 28, 2017, 04:41:16 pm
what are you 12 with that line of thinking. We are a respected university that isn't cheating. The laughing stock is the gaggle of fans that think the end is nigh b/c we lost 2 football games.
we have lost a lot more than 2 football teams and we have gone from a top 5 team to a perennial bottom dweller.  there isn't a single SEC team that is scared to face us.   we are an automatic win on every teams schedule. 

Long mistakenly thought that a coach like Petrino was easily replaced.  He thought wrong, the program is paying the consequences.  now he has the program in massive debt to renovate the stadium and revenue is dropping considerably below his projected hopes.

People simply aren't going to pay premium pricing to watch a team go 0'fers in the SEC. 

hindsight is 20/20, and its clear he made the wrong decision.  Bobby rehabbed his image and is back competing in the top 25, but arkansas hasn't and won't any time soon.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: moses_007 on September 28, 2017, 04:41:34 pm
Never as long as Jeff Long is our AD.  And I doubt that Long's replacement would re-hire him either because of how Petrino embarrassed the university. 
it has nothing to do with public perception, and everything to do with the perception of those that make hiring/money decisions.

not to mention that CBP can never trust arkansas again, after the way they treated him. 

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 28, 2017, 04:49:50 pm
we have lost a lot more than 2 football teams and we have gone from a top 5 team to a perennial bottom dweller.  there isn't a single SEC team that is scared to face us.   we are an automatic win on every teams schedule. 

Long mistakenly thought that a coach like Petrino was easily replaced.  He thought wrong, the program is paying the consequences.  now he has the program in massive debt to renovate the stadium and revenue is dropping considerably below his projected hopes.

People simply aren't going to pay premium pricing to watch a team go 0'fers in the SEC. 

hindsight is 20/20, and its clear he made the wrong decision.  Bobby rehabbed his image and is back competing in the top 25, but arkansas hasn't and won't any time soon.

You have the updated revenue numbers, I missed this weeks meeting.

PorkSoda

Quote from: ricepig on September 28, 2017, 05:00:46 pm
You have the updated revenue numbers, I missed this weeks meeting.
30% of the time my magic 8 ball is right every time.

and right now it says the heat is on because Long talked the Board into a large financial investment and likely did so with optimistic financial projections.  well those projects probably aren't quite as optimistic any more.  ESPN is losing money on TV contracts, and the next contract will be up for negotiation in 2023.  the expansion is being paid for over 20 years starting in 2016 that puts the financial commitment in jeopardy if we get less TV revenue combined with decreased ticket sales due to high prices and low results.

IOW, Long is in a very tight situation, that is going to involve tough decisions and dropping an extra 11 million for a buyout probably isn't in his plan.  Long has no choice but to ride out this storm and hope CBB gets things turned around.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on September 28, 2017, 04:41:02 pm
A $24m check will get him back.

Isn't that what it's going to take if we have to replace CBB with anybody?

PorkSoda

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 28, 2017, 05:31:05 pm
Isn't that what it's going to take if we have to replace CBB with anybody?
that is an expensive lottery ticket.

hobhog

Funny. A poll on this site is like doing a poll on trump in Arkansas Times....

Porkchop#1

Let's all work together and bring Bobby back!

johnny cash

Dominicanhog

Spent time with a pro Hog the last couple of days and he brought up a name that I thought was interesting... Wade Phillips.. this person may not be an insider but he does a couple games a year in Jerry's box, including last weekend...not sure if he and Jerry had a conversation about it but just thought it was interesting.. his statement was "pretty sure he'd come if anything happens to Bielema"