Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did Famutimi sign some contract that guarantees he start?

Started by Jim Harris, March 10, 2005, 09:14:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Harris

I believe Heath would even bench Ronnie Brewer before he put Olu on the pine. But since I don't watch them practice, only play on TV, I'll defer to the head man's judgment.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Biggus Piggus

He's going to break through any day now.  Or maybe Olu would transfer if he were benched.
[CENSORED]!

Razorod

I have a hunch that Olu's treatment is related to the recruitment of Ramar Smith. Gotta keep the AAU coach happy.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Razorod on March 10, 2005, 09:21:15 am
I have a hunch that Olu's treatment is related to the recruitment of Ramar Smith. Gotta keep the AAU coach happy.

then by all means, start him, let him jack up 10 3's if that's what it takes. let er rip.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

mikeirwin

Quote from: drakehog on March 10, 2005, 09:40:42 am
Quote from: Razorod on March 10, 2005, 09:21:15 am

then by all means, start him, let him jack up 10 3's if that's what it takes. let er rip.
Amen. Gotta get better players.

El Dog Hog

Olu is one of our better defenders if he's nothing else. He's not as good as ronnie, but he's solid.

Genuswine

Quote from: El Dog Hog on March 10, 2005, 09:50:28 am
Olu is one of our better defenders if he's nothing else. He's not as good as ronnie, but he's solid.
We've got two of the best defenders in the SEC, and maybe the nation.  Why don't we use the trap or press more?  I think we'd see alot more turnovers, and alot more excitement from our players.

razor

Not sold on Olu being a good defender at all. You watch, just about every time we are in a crucial, gotta have a stop defensive posession, Olu is the one getting beat and giving up the momentum killing basket. You can't run a team by continuing to play an underachieving "star" out of fear he might transfer.It kills your chemistry and builds resentment amongst the rest of the players. Exhibit A, just look at the state of the Hogs right now. I say our coach needs to show  he has some stones and bench Olu immediately. If he transfers, he transfers. I bet we'd see a lot better effort out of the remainging  players, and I bet their ears would perk up the next time Heath demanded something out of them.

Fletch

My only problem with benching Olu is there is no one as good to play that position. Even an underachieving Olu is better than most alternatives we have at that spot. I think we need more good young talent in the next year or 2 coming in that will push the young talent we have now. I think nothing motivates a person more than someone pushing you for your playing time. Unfortunately, we don't have much "real potential" beyond Brewer, Townes, Olu and maybe Thomas. I would say Modica when he is giving maximum effort. Just my opinion.
I feel like $100

sage_dragoon

Heath did bench Olu in Baton Rouge, he scored 14 in the second half if i recall correctly.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

El Dog Hog

Im really suprised we dont see more Olu driving and kicking when we see a 2-3. From my point of view, I'd rather have Olu drive in and get defenders to collapse on him, and then dish to find the open man. I would think him or Ronnie would be capable of that.

Kevin

when olu was a freshman i heard his aau coach tell him if stan did not play him minutes that he would yank olu out.  tell the aau coach kiss my a$$ and recruit other players.  michigan has never been a hotbed for us anyway.  olu is not a great players anyway.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Amityvillehogger

I've been hoping for Olu to break out for 2 years now.  Hopefully the 3rd year is a charm... ;D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005