Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Man promised dead dad if Cubs ever won WS, they'd listen together. Kept promise.

Started by jbcarol, November 04, 2016, 11:27:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

LCAPTP

That's awesome. However, I can't help but think, that game went into extra innings and didn't end until close to midnight... midnight in a cemetery? spoooooky

Dr. Starcs

Boarcephus

I had read that.  I can't think of any other fan base that winning a title would have meant more to than the Cub's fans.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

clutch

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 11, 2016, 06:03:15 am
I had read that.  I can't think of any other fan base that winning a title would have meant more to than the Cub's fans.

Did you see the article that said 1 in 4 Cubs fans actually hoped that they would lose? They didn't want to lose the identity of lovable losers. I thought that was crazy.

holeinthewall

Quote from: clutch on November 14, 2016, 07:46:52 pm
Did you see the article that said 1 in 4 Cubs fans actually hoped that they would lose? They didn't want to lose the identity of lovable losers. I thought that was crazy.

I would say most Cub fans aren't actually Cub fans they are fans of the losing streak.  A reverse bandwagon effect.

DeltaBoy

It was a heart warming story and made most of the Sat Sports and Sunday News shows.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.