Started by cardsNhogs, December 30, 2017, 01:33:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cardsNhogs

We run ZERO half court offense!

porkinsons disease

Quote from: cardsNhogs on December 30, 2017, 01:33:36 pm
We run ZERO half court offense!
According to most, "that's Mike's system"
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

ceegar

Been that way for a while.  Sadly, we will end up a bubble team IMO
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

JONAS

Quote from: ceegar on December 30, 2017, 01:46:59 pm
Been that way for a while.  Sadly, we will end up a bubble team IMO

I hope we can win enough games to be on the bubble.

proud2bpork

Anderson doesn't coach offense.  Our offense is hot 3 point shooting.  Without it, we are dooomed.

arkfan81

We have only three legit scorers who can create with the dribble, and a big man. Sometimes you have to be an alpha and do it yourself
Have faith...

Atlhogfan1

9 assists 12 turnovers not MA basketball today.  But I'm guessing the excitement of playing in front of the big crowd led to some one on one hero ball.  And Barford and Macon can score well enough on their own to survive this one. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ShadowHawg

Someone call a whambulance!!!!

Hog Milanese

ChopSooie

If I am not mistaken we run a motion offense. The players seemed to be sluggish and without motion for most of the game.

Everything isn't always on the coach.

azhog10

Read and react. This is the one drawback is the ball can become stagnant. But truth be told as great as Macon is, he can be he biggest reason our offense looks awful at times. Even tho we came back, Macon was still very selfish and almost cost us.

One positive to read and react is it's very difficult to prep for and you really can't simulate it in practice when trying to go against them. We worked them down and got them in foul trouble and won the game. Too many ignorant posters.

Razor_back

We won. You Anderson haters are something. 
Go Hogs

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: azhog10 on December 30, 2017, 02:44:02 pm
Read and react. This is the one drawback is the ball can become stagnant. But truth be told as great as Macon is, he can be he biggest reason our offense looks awful at times. Even tho we came back, Macon was still very selfish and almost cost us.

One positive to read and react is it's very difficult to prep for and you really can't simulate it in practice when trying to go against them. We worked them down and got them in foul trouble and won the game. Too many ignorant posters.

Macon plays with a lot of emotion at home.  May have just fed off the energy of the crowd too much today.  Barford forced some bad shots as well.  He is such a scorer though we have to live with it mostly.  Hope we don't see this on the road. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ChopSooie

We need 2nd half Gafford to win on the road.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ChopSooie on December 30, 2017, 02:48:25 pm
We need 2nd half Gafford to win on the road.

We are so much different when he isn't in.  I would have thought UT would have tried harder to get #4 on him.  Mistake on their part. 

zebradynasty

If I remember correctly the same thing was said about last years team! Things turned out pretty well. To get to the next round against the better teams we do need to execute our offense better. Folks it's December motion offense takes time and we got people still learning where and what to do. But the idea that MA doesn't coach offense is just plain stupid. I mean one poster said we only have 3 people that can create off the dibble and a big man...WTH  ??? Half the NBA doesn't have that on their team!

seasonhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 30, 2017, 02:31:01 pm
9 assists 12 turnovers not MA basketball today.  But I'm guessing the excitement of playing in front of the big crowd led to some one on one hero ball.  And Barford and Macon can score well enough on their own to survive this one.

Best 2 guards we have had in a long time.......

Barford should have had the ball on the last shot in reg.......this guy has NBA body control.

seasonhog

Quote from: ChopSooie on December 30, 2017, 02:42:36 pm
If I am not mistaken we run a motion offense. The players seemed to be sluggish and without motion for most of the game.

Everything isn't always on the coach.

TO, & missed foul shots......will get you beat....against a good team....TN is a good team.

RaisinHog

Quote from: seasonhog on December 30, 2017, 03:01:37 pm

Barford should have had the ball on the last shot in reg.......this guy has NBA body control.

Agree I was upset we settled for a 3 .. I was begging for barford too go too the bucket

Birminghog

Some of you people would complain if they hung you with a new rope.

Atlhogfan1

Guessing Mike didn't want to risk a turnover or offensive foul by going to the basket with the game tied when we were going to have such an advantage in OT.  If we had been down one, you would have seen a different play. 

seasonhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 30, 2017, 03:10:17 pm
Guessing Mike didn't want to risk a turnover or offensive foul by going to the basket with the game tied when we were going to have such an advantage in OT.  If we had been down one, you would have seen a different play.
[/quote

Wrong play with Gafford in the game.....Barford could have scored,  been foul, or pass it off to Gafford for the win.

Corkscrew Johnson

Actually, the only issue with the last possession is that Macon thought we were out of time.  He had his man beat and a clear lane to the basket.  He thought Gafford's screen was late, and consequently his timing was off and he pulled up too soon.  He could have run a layup drill.

SPAL

Quote from: JONAS on December 30, 2017, 01:50:42 pm

This guy still around? He said he was done after we hired Morris. Now he brings his cancer to jump ball. Just leave....please.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 30, 2017, 02:53:38 pm
If I remember correctly the same thing was said about last years team! Things turned out pretty well. To get to the next round against the better teams we do need to execute our offense better. Folks it's December motion offense takes time and we got people still learning where and what to do. But the idea that MA doesn't coach offense is just plain stupid. I mean one poster said we only have 3 people that can create off the dibble and a big man...WTH  ??? Half the NBA doesn't have that on their team!
My biggest frustration with this team is, when the opponent turns up the pressure, Beard will NOT drive and dish. Although the nuances of a motion offense do take some time to become habitual, Beard should NOT still be trying to figure it out. There is no reason whatsoever to dribble for 15-20 seconds while standing flat-footed hoping someone else moves. His job is to create but he is currently too reactive and not proactive.

Anybody next year that is a true PG?
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

hogwxld

CMA said he had to talk to Macon about NOT being selfish at half during the Bakersfield game. He has nothing but assists. Came out in the 2nd half and scored at will.

If Macon was being selfish, it was CMA driven...with cause.

popcornhog

Huh?
WPS

PonderinHog

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on December 30, 2017, 06:19:50 pm
My biggest frustration with this team is, when the opponent turns up the pressure, Beard will NOT drive and dish. Although the nuances of a motion offense do take some time to become habitual, Beard should NOT still be trying to figure it out. There is no reason whatsoever to dribble for 15-20 seconds while standing flat-footed hoping someone else moves. His job is to create but he is currently too reactive and not proactive.

I think so, but I can't remember his name.  A transfer, sitting out this year.

sickboy

Unfortunately, we're a really good team this year.

BannerMountainMan

hehe it's not even the New year yet as we almost have enough wins for the bubble 😌
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

PonderinHog

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on December 30, 2017, 06:19:50 pm

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 30, 2017, 07:41:21 pm
I think so, but I can't remember his name.  A transfer, sitting out this year.

Jalen Harris

Hoggish1

Exactly.  When he's getting ready to shoot three players need to hit the boards rather than stand around to watch the show.  We got 19K in the stands to do that...