Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Headhog32

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 03, 2017, 08:06:21 am
To be fair, Broyles won us our only football championship as a coach and as AD built a national champion track and basketball program.  When he was AD, you actually had to have personality and get the money raised without those massive SEC checks for most of his tenure.  He was a legendary AD.  He just overstayed.  Long has a...well...long way to go to get out of Broyles shadow.  He may do it, but he's got a lot of ground to make up.
agreed, can't really compare these to, broyles played in a different ball park my friend

GoHogzzGo

https://mobile.twitter.com/ArkRazorbacks/status/898190915369451520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fgridironnow.com%2Fwatch-arkansas-shows-flyover-of-donald-w-reynolds-razorback-stadium-progress%2F

http://gridironnow.com/watch-arkansas-shows-flyover-of-donald-w-reynolds-razorback-stadium-progress/

Really cool flyover (assuming by drone) of current construction progress. Also some fun notes about the expansion to go with the video.

Did two links in case first twitter mobile one doesn't work.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

JackMcQueen

We've got actual graphics on the South endzone board!
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

jst01

north screen showing some ads.  Does look like the entire screen can be used for video. Was wondering if that would be the case or if it would have to be cropped down.

RazorPiggie

theFlyingHog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 17, 2017, 02:24:13 pm

I hope they have a "be quiet!" screen for our offensive series'

hogfan14

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 17, 2017, 04:00:46 pm

The Texans have a "Quiet: Offense at work" graphic with construction tape and cones that they put up when they are on offense. Thought that was pretty cool.

JackMcQueen

The storm that rolled through around 7 last night had damaging winds, and enough force to move the camera around (picture is right after the storm passed).
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

theFlyingHog

Quote from: JackMcQueen on August 19, 2017, 08:29:22 am
The storm that rolled through around 7 last night had damaging winds, and enough force to move the camera around (picture is right after the storm passed).
Well that's a good look at the hog on the back of the scoreboard at the track stadium lol.

That storm was something else! Don't remember seeing as much lightning as it hit Jacksonville with, mostly cloud to cloud thankfully

GoHogzzGo

They turned the camera around prior to last nights walk thru practice  ;) .

And agreed, nice view of the track until it gets turned back around!

kingoftherapids

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on August 19, 2017, 10:57:33 am
They turned the camera around prior to last nights walk thru practice  ;) .

And agreed, nice view of the track until it gets turned back around!

wouldn't doubt if it isn't turned back around. i imagine we do a lot of work in the stadium between now and the first game.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: kingoftherapids on August 20, 2017, 04:29:07 pm
wouldn't doubt if it isn't turned back around. i imagine we do a lot of work in the stadium between now and the first game.
There were a few posts of equitment managers bringing benches and stuff out before the camera was turned around, but apparently those posts were taken down 🤔
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

BirmingHam

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 20, 2017, 04:56:49 pm
There were a few posts of equitment managers bringing benches and stuff out before the camera was turned around, but apparently those posts were taken down 🤔

Were there any ladders brought out?

gangstaback

Quote from: factchecker on August 14, 2017, 03:26:57 pm
Opposing football players who play in the biggest and best stadiums are much more accurate than a weird bear fan with an axe to grind against NWA.

Proud alumnus of THE University of Arkansas.  UCA is a fine school. No problem with UCA.  It's the one weird stripe bear fan who post on hogville that's the annoyance.

WMS has been loud in the past.  The fact that someone wrote an article with FACTS about how loud Razorback stadium is does not take away from WMS history.  Don't let the FACT that times change hurt your feelings.  DWRRS does get loud as cited by the article and several visiting fans/opponents.  As well as ESPN commentators:

- What is your inferiority complex with central arkansas?

- Must be the business school, otherwise sad.

- Facts as good as the self-proclaimed-master-of-none author claims.

Feel free to not reply, this is not a very interesting conversation about your buddy Adam Bailey's blog you're trying to pitch.

factchecker

Quote from: gangstaback on August 20, 2017, 09:58:00 pm

None.  This isn't a NWA vs. Central Arkansas debate. This isn't even a stadium debate.  You have a gross infatuation with constantly puking on anything related to NWA, THE University of Arkansas, and/or the Razorbacks.

Must be the business school, otherwise sad.

Feel free to not reply, this is not a very interesting conversation about your buddy Adam Bailey's blog you're trying to pitch.

I didn't bring Adam Bailey's article in the discussion.  It was brought up by IronMountainHog - here I'll quote it for you:

Quote from: IronMountainHog on August 14, 2017, 02:52:09 pm
http://www.onecountry.com/loudest-stadiums-in-college-football-2068189465.amp.html

Nice try gangstabear.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Seebs

I heard a mic drop after this post ... or was it the bear set ablaze on GoT last night?

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

- Must be the business school, otherwise sad.

- Facts as good as the self-proclaimed-master-of-none author claims.

Yet you felt a need to keep it going  ;D
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

GoHogzzGo

So uh, how about that stadium expansion?  ;)

Now that the framework and big screens are up I wonder what the next big visible thing we will see progress on is.

And if anyone wants to hike up and turn the camera back around that'd be great lol.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on August 21, 2017, 10:10:26 am

Now that the framework and big screens are up I wonder what the next big visible thing we will see progress on is.

And if anyone wants to hike up and turn the camera back around that'd be great lol.

This would be great!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on August 21, 2017, 10:10:26 am

lmao I was just checking it out a few minutes ago. Still turned around. More annoying than anything

ricepig

Ok, back to the stadium work. Did anyone figure out what they did with all the scaffolding up along the suites and SIC windows? I noticed it was down, but couldn't really tell any difference. I guess I'll see on Sept 9th.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Gohogs600

Quote from: ricepig on August 21, 2017, 07:01:46 pm
Ok, back to the stadium work. Did anyone figure out what they did with all the scaffolding up along the suites and SIC windows? I noticed it was down, but couldn't really tell any difference. I guess I'll see on Sept 9th.

I was wondering this too. While I didn't see it firsthand, I was told a few weeks back that during the install of the south tv, glass was damaged in the process. I'm assuming while they built the structure on top the glass damage must have occurred. As a SIC guy, I hope it's fixed by TCU :)

FraggleHog

Quote from: Gohogs600 on August 21, 2017, 08:40:49 pm
I was wondering this too. While I didn't see it firsthand, I was told a few weeks back that during the install of the south tv, glass was damaged in the process. I'm assuming while they built the structure on top the glass damage must have occurred. As a SIC guy, I hope it's fixed by TCU :)

I'm a SIC guy as well... I'm sure everything will be ready by TCU...

ADD: **I was driving back from Dallas last night and saw the stadium coming over the hill on 49. Crazy how much bigger the stadium appears with both screens!**
Calling the Hogs from DFW

tampahog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 17, 2017, 04:00:46 pm
Looking at it from this angle, I was surprised how low the profile is for the new North end zone.  The top of the seating will still be lower than the bottom of the upper deck on both sidelines and possibly even lower than the box seats.  I hope it has the impact we are hoping for in terms of trapping the noise.

GoHogzzGo

North facing camera is turned back around now, woot.

razorbackfan86

ricepig

It appears they've removed the construction fence just past the north end zone and the pads for construction traffic behind the visitors bench.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: ricepig on August 22, 2017, 11:10:57 am
It appears they've removed the construction fence just past the north end zone and the pads for construction traffic behind the visitors bench.

That means football season is almost here!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Something just crossed my mind. Where will they put tusk? As it stands now, tusks area is taken up by piles of dirt. On top of that, his handlers would have to back out of the stadium. Have they always done that?

Oklahawg

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 22, 2017, 11:44:25 am
Something just crossed my mind. Where will they put tusk? As it stands now, tusks area is taken up by piles of dirt. On top of that, his handlers would have to back out of the stadium. Have they always done that?

Just let him roam free in the construction zone. He is used to napping and oggling visiting cheerleaders during games anyway.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

razCzar

During slow construction moments on the stadium, I've focused some attention on the new parking lot across the street, which I've estimated should accommodate around 100 vehicles.  They're playing it close but looks like they'll be ready.

Anybody know who these spots will be designated for on game days or otherwise?

RazorPiggie

So the "Hog Pen" is in the southwest corner correct?

razorbackfan86

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 22, 2017, 01:36:08 pm
So the "Hog Pen" is in the southwest corner correct?

That is what I've read.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

1highhog

Quote from: Oklahawg on August 22, 2017, 12:16:47 pm
Just let him roam free in the construction zone. He is used to napping and oggling visiting cheerleaders during games anyway.

I would be glad to be one of his handlers then if that's all he does.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: razCzar on August 22, 2017, 01:27:19 pm
During slow construction moments on the stadium, I've focused some attention on the new parking lot across the street, which I've estimated should accommodate around 100 vehicles.  They're playing it close but looks like they'll be ready.

Anybody know who these spots will be designated for on game days or otherwise?
Not us  :D

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I meant to post this the other day. People, we have a beautiful stadium

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 22, 2017, 02:05:49 pm
I meant to post this the other day. People, we have a beautiful stadium

Man, the stadium really looks great during an eclipse!
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Potosihog

"I was driving back from Dallas last night and saw the stadium coming over the hill on 49" 

That must have been very frightening.  Did you take the ditch to avoid it? :-)

goodguytex

Mike Irwin

The closer they get to the final product the less I like the snaggle-toothed NE corner. I understand the tradition but it's gonna look strange. Unfinished.

Hopefully they'll quickly realize this and utilize that space for additional luxury boxes. If fans who don't have tickets want to see the inside of the stadium on visits the athletic department can organize tours.

razCzar

Quote from: goodguytex on August 22, 2017, 03:36:44 pm
That lot will be for ricepig and the rest of the Illuminati.
That's funny.  Actually you and Boss Hog probably nailed it.

GuvHog

Not sure but I believe when the current expansion is completed, DWRRS will easily hold the record for the most Luxury boxes and club seats in an SEC stadium.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

razCzar

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 22, 2017, 04:23:28 pm
The closer they get to the final product the less I like the snaggle-toothed NE corner. I understand the tradition but it's gonna look strange. Unfinished.

Hopefully they'll quickly realize this and utilize that space for additional luxury boxes. If fans who don't have tickets want to see the inside of the stadium on visits the athletic department can organize tours.
Hope you're wrong, Mike, but I do share your concern. 

It all depends on the finishing touches - whether they can pull off the 'look' that a couple of the renderings show.

ricepig

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 22, 2017, 04:23:28 pm

I disagree, I think it looks great. Some people think everything has to be balanced to look right, and the last thing they need right now is more suites to sell.

hogfan870

Quote from: razCzar on August 22, 2017, 04:38:35 pm
Hope you're wrong, Mike, but I do share your concern. 

It all depends on the finishing touches - whether they can pull off the 'look' that a couple of the renderings show.

I'm not defending it, because I think I would have preferred they didn't leave the "look in," but I will say that the 49ers new stadium has something similar and it doesn't look that bad. 

sowmonella

Quote from: hogfan870 on August 22, 2017, 06:27:58 pm
I'm not defending it, because I think I would have preferred they didn't leave the "look in," but I will say that the 49ers new stadium has something similar and it doesn't look that bad. 

Looks kinda familar.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

MissippHog

razCzar

This 49ers stadium image sort of reminds of the NEZ renderings we've seen.  IMO ours looks great compared to this weirdness.