Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

theFlyingHog

We got us a nice stadium.

Where the hell is the hog emoji?

oldfart

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on July 31, 2017, 01:45:10 pm
Coach Broyles?  Is that you??
no.....i was in the animal science building on top of the hill

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Update 8-2:
They have begun installing the monitors on the top row of the NEZ scoreboard

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Just to put things into perspective, this is where we were one month ago

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

JackMcQueen

Word is that the construction company will get a bonus if they have both video boards up and running by the TCU game. I would say they're well on their way towards that.
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

goodguytex

Quote from: JackMcQueen on August 03, 2017, 08:26:02 am
Word is that the construction company will get a bonus if they have both video boards up and running by the TCU game. I would say they're well on their way towards that.
they'll make it. Should have almost all, maybe all of the top panels done in the new one before the weekend. End of next week at their current pace they should both be done.

spe450

Quote from: goodguytex on August 03, 2017, 09:32:50 am
they'll make it. Should have almost all, maybe all of the top panels done in the new one before the weekend. End of next week at their current pace they should both be done.

Looked like they had an entire row of new panels added when I drove by this morning.

WizardofhOgZ

SIAP, but I just saw this picture of the final approval for the N. EZ . . . don't believe I'd seen this particular one before.  Looks pretty accurate, based on the work done so far, with the exception of the slight curve to the video board:

JackMcQueen

Will the video board be the same size as the old one? It looks like the screen on this new one may be a little smaller
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: JackMcQueen on August 03, 2017, 10:14:47 am
Will the video board be the same size as the old one? It looks like the screen on this new one may be a little smaller
It will be bigger

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

goodguytex

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 16, 2017, 12:07:59 pm
Couldn't find the original thread, so I started another. Feel free to delete if I overlooked the original thread.
Construction Cam website: https://app.oxblue.com/open/universityofarkansas
Bump!! The last panel is going up on the top of the new video board. Looks like they'll have it done early next week.

ricepig

Quote from: goodguytex on August 05, 2017, 09:28:13 am
Bump!! The last panel is going up on the top of the new video board. Looks like they'll have it done early next week.

Not if it rains all week........

GoHogzzGo

Saw them testing the south video board yesterday. Can't wait to see a game there, going to be sweet with a big one on each side.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on August 05, 2017, 09:45:19 am
Saw them testing the south video board yesterday. Can't wait to see a game there, going to be sweet with a big one on each side.
sure is! now if we can get them to show replays on it instead of ham and bacon commercials...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

kingoftherapids

Can you imagine the red glow on Friday nights when both scoreboards are lit

goodguytex

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on August 05, 2017, 09:45:19 am
Yeah it sure will. I can't wait to catch next year's bama game when it's all done. Should be a very intimidating game day atmosphere.

goodguytex

Quote from: ricepig on August 05, 2017, 09:29:44 am
Not if it rains all week........
No rain in the forecast per AccuWeather on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

FraggleHog

Nice "Field Level" persepective of the sheer size of the NEZ structure and how tall the board will be on top of the SEZ structure. Very impressive. This is a SEC quality stadium, my friends. Based on the fact that Greg McElroy and Jalen Hurts said that Razorback Stadium was the loudest away game they've ever played in... I can't imagine how loud it will be when complete!

*EDIT: Pictures credit from Razorback Football Twitter Account*
Calling the Hogs from DFW

ricepig

Quote from: goodguytex on August 05, 2017, 09:28:13 am

There isn't a bottom row, they did start on the bottom. I don't see how you can use a crane to set another row from the top, do you?

ricepig

Quote from: goodguytex on August 05, 2017, 10:53:24 am
No rain in the forecast per AccuWeather on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?x=85&y=39&site=lzk&zmx=&zmy=&map_x=85&map_y=39#.WYY83uROlpU

Looks like tomorrow is the worse, earlier it was all week.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 05, 2017, 10:32:04 am
sure is! now if we can get them to show replays on it instead of ham and bacon commercials...

I like ham and bacon!

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: FraggleHog on August 05, 2017, 11:25:30 am
Nice "Field Level" persepective of the sheer size of the NEZ structure and how tall the board will be on top of the SEZ structure. Very impressive. This is a SEC quality stadium, my friends. Based on the fact that Greg McElroy and Jalen Hurts said that Razorback Stadium was the loudest away game they've ever played in... I can't imagine how loud it will be when complete!

*EDIT: Pictures credit from Razorback Football Twitter Account*
I posted this picture in another thread.  Here's a view from  row 1, west  side section 107.  I hadn't been inside the stadium until today's scrimmage.  The scale of the new north end is beyond impressive compared to the old Broyles Complex.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

goodguytex

Quote from: ricepig on August 05, 2017, 04:46:30 pm
There isn't a bottom row, they did start on the bottom. I don't see how you can use a crane to set another row from the top, do you?
I guess it's all done then.

ricepig

Quote from: goodguytex on August 05, 2017, 06:41:05 pm

My understanding, that's where it will read Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 05, 2017, 10:32:04 am
You don't wanna find the jack links sasquatch?! ;D

ricepig

Quote from: goodguytex on August 05, 2017, 06:41:05 pm

I mean, it looks like it needs at least the next rung down to look right to me, but we're out of panels on the ground, so who knows.

goodguytex

Quote from: ricepig on August 05, 2017, 07:15:21 pm
I mean, it looks like it needs at least the next rung down to look right to me, but we're out of panels on the ground, so who knows.
The latest rendering of the completed project I guess matches up pretty much with what they have done on it as far as the width and length and height. It looks awesome as it is. It might not be quite as big as the one in the other EZ. But definitely newer and more high tech with it being curved. Once the rest of the construction is done it's going to look so fantastic.

razCzar

Love this rendering, so can only hope the final result is as impressive.  BUT just don't see enough ground area left between the end zone and the current steel structure to accommodate its lower seating bowl.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: razCzar on August 05, 2017, 11:42:56 pm
Love this rendering, so can only hope the final result is as impressive.  BUT just don't see enough ground area left between the end zone and the current steel structure to accommodate its lower seating bowl.

Compare The current structure with the renderings and its not too hard to figure out where everything will be

razCzar

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 05, 2017, 11:52:22 pm
Compare The current structure with the renderings and its not too hard to figure out where everything will be
Obviously, I did 'compare'.  I've followed construction daily. 

My concern has nothing to do with "where everything will be".

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Follow the edge of the standing room only area around the BAC. That's where the club seating will begin. It will take up about half of the space that is left before it drops down into the lower bowl. There are 2 things to keep in mind.
1. The view we have of the construction on the live feed is from a distance and makes everything look smaller. There is more space left than it seems
2. The lower bowl will be right on the edge of the field. Just a few yards away from the endzone

razCzar

First off, you do realize that the live feed can be zoomed in to a rather close-up view of the remaining ground area of the NEZ?  This view is what I am basing my comment on. 

As such, I still see no way the depth of this area can accommodate the rendering's seating in front of the current steel structure.  Not to mention the grassy space behind the goal post.

ricepig

Quote from: razCzar on August 05, 2017, 11:42:56 pm

Well, I bet they had an architect or two work on it before they put up the steel. I'll put my money on there being enough room.

Looks like enough to me.

https://twitter.com/ArkRazorbacks/status/893895034562461697

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: ricepig on August 06, 2017, 05:32:05 am
Well, I bet they had an architect or two work on it before they put up the steel. I'll put my money on there being enough room.

Looks like enough to me.

https://twitter.com/ArkRazorbacks/status/893895034562461697
Exactly

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: razCzar on August 06, 2017, 12:32:55 am
First off, you do realize that the live feed can be zoomed in to a rather close-up view of the remaining ground area of the NEZ?  This view is what I am basing my comment on. 

As such, I still see no way the depth of this area can accommodate the rendering's seating in front of the current steel structure.  Not to mention the grassy space behind the goal post.
of course I do. Im the one that has been posting the screen shots since the construction started. If you don't see it, you just don't see it. I don't know what to tell ya man. Sit and wait I guess

parallaxpig

Quote from: kingoftherapids on August 05, 2017, 10:33:03 am
Can you imagine the red glow on Friday nights when both scoreboards are lit

It was pretty awesome with one board. It will be wicked sweet with two........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

rzrbackramsfan

Any Idea on if they're going to sell standing room only tickets?  Seems like there will be a lot of places for that and all will be a really good view.

goodguytex

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on August 06, 2017, 10:05:49 am
Any Idea on if they're going to sell standing room only tickets?  Seems like there will be a lot of places for that and all will be a really good view.
That area where the Gap is will be the SRO spots for ticket holders.

razCzar

Great rendering (without fans) just found elsewhere
Plaza with the 'Wild Band of Razorbacks' monument is killer.
Hoping the glass elevator/stairs towers look more like this.

Similar rendering (with fans) from UA website

RazorPiggie

I just want to have a Hog on the back of each screen that lights up at night.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 08, 2017, 09:32:55 am
I just want to have a Hog on the back of each screen that lights up at night.

This, that would be awesome.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on August 08, 2017, 09:36:45 am
This, that would be awesome.

I bet you'd be able to see it from West Fork.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 08, 2017, 09:51:00 am
I bet you'd be able to see it from West Fork.

I always enjoy coming up from Texarkana on Friday nights and seeing that red glow in the sky just south of Fayetteville.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on August 08, 2017, 10:02:46 am
I always enjoy coming up from Texarkana on Friday nights and seeing that red glow in the sky just south of Fayetteville.

If they have that red glow going on both screens you might be able to see it from down around Texarkana.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: razCzar on August 08, 2017, 07:59:39 am
Great rendering (without fans) just found elsewhere
Plaza with the 'Wild Band of Razorbacks' monument is killer.
Hoping the glass elevator/stairs towers look more like this.

Similar rendering (with fans) from UA website

What's with the poorly drawn on pool and basketball hoop in the first image lol?