Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tip -- Computer 100% Better -- When Optical Mouse Goes Bad

Started by SharpTusk, March 05, 2010, 03:59:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SharpTusk

I recently came up on the end of the useful lives of two optical mice I bought 3-4 years ago.  One went out completely on one computer, which was fine.  The other?

I didn't know that the mouse was the problem on the other computer.  My computer had been getting slower and slower.  The time to boot up was pushing 10 minutes. Browser navigation was finicky.  Computer hangs were more frequent.

I was trying everything to get the computer to work correctly until a couple of days ago, I could get the scroll to work and the cursor to move but only the right click button would work.  (At first it wasn't obvious that this was the problem.) 

Pardon the pun, but when the light went off in my head as to what the immediate problem was, I replaced the mouse. 

The vast majority of the problems above resolved.  "It's like a new computer."   
Writer on  hog database

PigPusher

The same thing happened to me over the last month. I thought I had a virus or spyware that was slowing things down. Finally, I thought I would put a different (older style) mouse on it. Walla the computer straightened up immediately. Threw the darn optical thing in the trash and bought a new one. Problem solved. I'm going and blowing again.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.