Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'19 CG Issac McBride releases his "Final Four" ...

Started by Kevin McPherson, August 13, 2018, 10:14:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin McPherson

Guys, I'll let the numerous posts about Gafford remain, but I don't like some of the personal digs in the back-&-forth. So moving forward, let's make our posts without calling down thunder on other posters. At this point I think we all understand that Gafford leaving is virtually a certainty, so no need to drill down on why that may not happen. Anyway, as a reminder, this thread is about Issac McBride. Carry on.

draftkings33

Didn't know Arkansas Baptist was moving down to 3A.  McBride will have a field day

Big Nasty 34

I predict McBride goes out of state for a year or two and then transfers back home whenever we have a guard opening from a departure in this class.

draftkings33

McBride and Hill are pretty close and I give the edge to McBride currently.  With Hill playing football this seems like a no brainer.  I'll take a guy playing basketball year round over a guy playing football any day unless its a talent like Lebron, Jordan, etc...You just can't do both.  That's why 99 percent of NBA players didn't play football in HS.

#1 STUNNA

absolutely crazy that we are not after Hill harder to play football.... second best athlete in the state in my opinion... not worth much but ive seen most play. and he is elite.

The_Bionic_Pig

Arkansas has offered 4 more guard's in 2020....they are focused on SF/PF types to replace Gafford or any departures due to transfer in 2019.

If Khalil Garland is put on medical hardship that opens up another scholarship for 2019.

Verbal comittments are none-binding until signing day.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

draftkings33

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on August 16, 2018, 03:19:54 pm
absolutely crazy that we are not after Hill harder to play football.... second best athlete in the state in my opinion... not worth much but ive seen most play. and he is elite.
What are you talking about?  He's playing football isn't he?

Hawg Red

Quote from: draftkings33 on August 17, 2018, 09:00:00 am
What are you talking about?  He's playing football isn't he?

He's talking about the Hogs football coaching staff, I believe.

draftkings33

Morris said that Hill was his number 1 priority when he first got here

Hog Fan from Camden

I was outside today working on my 4 wheeler trailer when Issac McBride Sr stopped by.  He lives around the corner from me in LR and known him for about 20 years.  His oldest daughter and mine went to grade/middle school together.  Anyway, we talked about Mackey's recruitment and his offer from Kansas.  They were in Kansas over the last week or so and Bill tried to get him to commit then, so from what he is saying, the offer is committable.  Sounds like they really like him.  Mackey had a great AAU circuit run this summer and he is getting a lot of interest from other P5 programs.  Issac Sr and Jr still like Arkansas but they realize that there are no schollys available, but the Arkansas coaches are in frequent contact with them.  Sr also had a lot of good things to say about Hill and his father.  They have spent a lot of time together over the past 2-3 years.  He seemed to really like Hills athletic ability and driving skills.  He says that Hill and Mackey complement each other well when playing together and Mackey can handle the ball, but Hill is the better point guard.  Mackey has really impressed over the past year with his improved shooting ability and overall skill.  I'm going to try to make some of his games this year.  Sr never really came out and said he was going to Kansas, but I got the feeling that is his first choice.

Hog Fan from Camden

Kansas would become my second team if he goes there, plus I'm a Bill Self fan also.  Wish we would have got him when we had the chance.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hog Fan from Camden on August 17, 2018, 11:19:51 am
I was outside today working on my 4 wheeler trailer when Issac McBride Sr stopped by.  He lives around the corner from me in LR and known him for about 20 years.  His oldest daughter and mine went to grade/middle school together.  Anyway, we talked about Mackey's recruitment and his offer from Kansas.  They were in Kansas over the last week or so and Bill tried to get him to commit then, so from what he is saying, the offer is committable.  Sounds like they really like him.  Mackey had a great AAU circuit run this summer and he is getting a lot of interest from other P5 programs.  Issac Sr and Jr still like Arkansas but they realize that there are no schollys available, but the Arkansas coaches are in frequent contact with them.  Sr also had a lot of good things to say about Hill and his father.  They have spent a lot of time together over the past 2-3 years.  He seemed to really like Hills athletic ability and driving skills.  He says that Hill and Mackey complement each other well when playing together and Mackey can handle the ball, but Hill is the better point guard.  Mackey has really impressed over the past year with his improved shooting ability and overall skill.  I'm going to try to make some of his games this year.  Sr never really came out and said he was going to Kansas, but I got the feeling that is his first choice.

Wow, such cahones! A Kansas offer to a previously unranked and unheralded Arkansas kid and he has to think about it? I like this kid.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: FineAsSwine on August 17, 2018, 11:28:08 am
Wow, such cahones! A Kansas offer to a previously unranked and unheralded Arkansas kid and he has to think about it? I like this kid.
I basically said I would have commited on the spot!  :)

Sr is a good guy, no arrogance that I can see, he actually seemed pretty humbled by the experience.  Easy to cheer for him and his son.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hog Fan from Camden on August 17, 2018, 11:34:34 am
I basically said I would have commited on the spot!  :)

Sr is a good guy, no arrogance that I can see, he actually seemed pretty humbled by the experience.  Easy to cheer for him and his son.

Wasn't saying he was arrogant. More like confident and I was talking about his son.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hawg Red

Good to hear about our coaches still being in contact. Also interesting that Kansas truly does want him as a priority.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 17, 2018, 11:39:51 am
Good to hear about our coaches still being in contact. Also interesting that Kansas truly does want him as a priority.

Could it be he is holding out to see what we do?
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: FineAsSwine on August 17, 2018, 11:39:24 am

Wasn't saying he was arrogant. More like confident and I was talking about his son.
I didn't mean it that way.  Just my thoughts on how he talked about the situation.  He seemed to be handling recruiting in a good manner.

Kevin McPherson

Everything you said is accurate. I've not gone public with some details out of respect to his Dad's wishes, but since you've put it out I can confirm. Issac visited Kansas on Monday, August 6. Bill Self left vacation to come back to Lawrence to seal the deal, but "Mackie" told them he wanted to return for a visit when school was in and all the players were on campus (just like Arkansas's players being back at home the last 2 weeks after summer school, the Kansas players were not there when Mackie visited). He also told them he wanted to take 2-3 visits to other schools. Pretty sure he's got his dates already set for most of them, just finalizing the last one. Also, Arkansas is staying in touch but they aren't comfortable enough with the scholarship unknowns to make an offer now. It's a tough spot, because Mackie can't wait till the spring now with what's on the table for him. But if you look at the Final 4 for Mackie -- Kansas, TN, Auburn, and TCU -- and combine the fact that players can take 5 OVs, it seems obvious to me they are leaving the door cracked for Arkansas.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on August 17, 2018, 12:52:34 pm
Everything you said is accurate. I've not gone public with some details out of respect to his Dad's wishes, but since you've put it out I can confirm. Issac visited Kansas on Monday, August 6. Bill Self left vacation to come back to Lawrence to seal the deal, but "Mackie" told them he wanted to return for a visit when school was in and all the players were on campus (just like Arkansas's players being back at home the last 2 weeks after summer school, the Kansas players were not there when Mackie visited). He also told them he wanted to take 2-3 visits to other schools. Pretty sure he's got his dates already set for most of them, just finalizing the last one. Also, Arkansas is staying in touch but they aren't comfortable enough with the scholarship unknowns to make an offer now. It's a tough spot, because Mackie can't wait till the spring now with what's on the table for him. But if you look at the Final 4 for Mackie -- Kansas, TN, Auburn, and TCU -- and combine the fact that players can take 5 OVs, it seems obvious to me they are leaving the door cracked for Arkansas.

Now that we got this far with info, I got the greenlight to go ahead and give more info on Mackie ... here are my tweets from the last couple of minutes ...

* UPDATE: '19 Issac McBride @iwmcbride (6-1 CG, Baptist Prep, Joe Johnson Hawks) took an unofficial visit to Kansas on Mon, Aug 6 ... he plans to return for an OV during Jawyhawks' Midnight Madness event in late Sept ... he recently named Final 4 of Kansas, Tennessee, TCU, Auburn.

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1030517207401414661

* '19 Issac McBride @iwmcbride is still working out visit dates to other schools ... Virginia and Michigan are 2 more programs that have gotten involved recently ... coaches at Arkansas have maintained contact with the family ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1030517783350702080

draftkings33

Ok first things first we are gonna have to get a different nickname for this kid other than Mackie

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: draftkings33 on August 17, 2018, 10:57:26 am

Just curious if you have a link for this?

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: draftkings33 on August 17, 2018, 01:58:48 pm
Ok first things first we are gonna have to get a different nickname for this kid other than Mackie

His Dad refers to him as Mackie, so its what I hear all the time from coaches and others in the LR hoops community. McBuckets is his twitter handle, but not really a current nickname.

LRRandy

Quote from: draftkings33 on August 17, 2018, 01:58:48 pm
his dad is Isaac also. It's long been a way to differentiate between whom you where talking about.
This is fun, isn't it.

#1 STUNNA

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on August 18, 2018, 01:33:05 pm
his first priority is already committed.

Exactly. Not to mention you can't publicly prioritize recruits lol.

MakingPlays

Quote from: draftkings33 on August 17, 2018, 10:57:26 am

I know what your talking about.  They had a picture with Morris on the Chalkboard and the kid's name and it said #1 priority.   They made those for all football recruits when Morris first got on campus.  I think Hill's was just shown on twitter more because of his connection with the basketball team and with him being so popular it got more retweets.

26.2Hog

Quote from: MakingPlays on August 18, 2018, 10:01:32 pm
I know what your talking about.  They had a picture with Morris on the Chalkboard and the kid's name and it said #1 priority.   They made those for all football recruits when Morris first got on campus.  I think Hill's was just shown on twitter more because of his connection with the basketball team and with him being so popular it got more retweets.

Right.

https://twitter.com/ArRecruitingGuy/status/961406679274356736?s=19

draftkings33

Quote from: MakingPlays on August 18, 2018, 10:01:32 pm
Ok gotcha