Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Milwaukee Brewers: Miller Park: Where to stay/eat/drink/etc?

Started by popcornhog, April 15, 2015, 05:34:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

We're headed up to Milwaukee for the Cardinals series next weekend. Anybody have suggestions for hotels, pre-game, restaurants, etc?
WPS

ChicoHog

My cousin owns a bar in the industrial area of downtown off 2nd st in the Walker Point district.  He mainly caters to the blue collar crowd.  He has people in there at 6 am after getting off the graveyard shift.  It's called "Zad's" (it's a shortened version of our last name-his dad and my dad were brothers) go check it out if you get a chance.  I was there 3 years ago and we went to a game at Miller Park,  Nice ballpark. 

popcornhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on April 21, 2015, 10:03:13 am
My cousin owns a bar in the industrial area of downtown off 2nd st in the Walker Point district.  He mainly caters to the blue collar crowd.  He has people in there at 6 am after getting off the graveyard shift.  It's called "Zad's" (it's a shortened version of our last name-his dad and my dad were brothers) go check it out if you get a chance.  I was there 3 years ago and we went to a game at Miller Park,  Nice ballpark.

Thanks, that sounds cool. I'm always a fan of places that might not be on the radar nationally -- local joints, if you will.
WPS

dhornjr1

ChicoHog

Popcorn Hog:  Did you ever make it to my cousin's bar Zad's? 

popcornhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on May 24, 2015, 04:37:15 pm
Popcorn Hog:  Did you ever make it to my cousin's bar Zad's?

We didn't end up having time, but we ended up driving right by it on Sunday before we left town.

I yelled, "that's Zads!," my girlfriend looked at me like I was crazy.
WPS