Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AL Central battle

Started by popcornhog, September 23, 2014, 02:36:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

Who won more games of the regular season series between KC and Detroit?

Do the Royals just need to tie the Tigers up in the standings or take the lead to win the division?
WPS

cosmodrum

Pretty sure the Tigers have us. They have owned us in Kauffman, too. We have to win it outright.

That said, it's been 29 years since we've been to the postseason. Just give me a WC spot.
Go away, batin'

hoghappy

clutch

Think the Tigers owned that series pretty heavily. Royals need to have a better record.

popcornhog

Thanks for the info. I've become a moderate Royals fan over the past year living in KC. I wish them the best.
WPS

Horsesrus

I posted in the Cardinal thread as well but for Royals/Tigers fans, if they tie the two teams will play a game on Monday in Detroit to decide the Division winner.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/95341554/possible-tiebreaking-scenarios-explained

Scenario: Two teams tie for the division
This one is pretty straightforward, and we will use the Royals and Tigers as an example. If they tie for the AL Central crown, they will play a one-game tiebreaker on Monday. Home-field advantage would go to the club with the superior head-to-head record (in this case, that's the Tigers). The winner of this game would claim the division and face either the Angels or Orioles in the AL Division Series (whichever finishes with a worse record), while the loser would head to the AL Wild Card Game or head home, depending on if it qualifies for the Wild Card.
The other highly possible two-team division tie: Cardinals-Pirates